Good Ares Tactic

If your stuck on a mission where you have to capture a planet I have found this to be a very effective tactic:

1. Build a transport.

2. Transfer control of the transport to yourself.

3. Pilot the transport to the enemy planet and park it a little bit away from the planet.

4. Build a fleet big enough to occupy the enemys guarding the planet for a few seconds.

5. when your ready order your fleet to attack the enemy planet and while they are attacking order your transport onto the planet.

This strategy has worked for me on almost all the planet capturing missions (although it's more fun to capture them by overwhelming them with ships :)).

------------------

Yeah I think everyone knows this tactic. (We all have had to figure it out for some level or another). It's good if you're just trying to beat the game, but nowhere near as fun as overwhelming the enemy.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Nothing beats an all out huge strike :D.

------------------
"...Cotton Mouse... to say that the plug is royally messed up is an understatement. I'm taking a look at it with Plug Checker, and some of these errors I have just never seen before..."-Obormot, debugger

ERA for EV:
www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html

(still in alpha stages)

Nothing beats an all out huge strike.

Except perhaps a larger defensive force with a technological advantage...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I want to know are there any cheat codes for ares? is please post them here

Hmmm should we tell him what happened to the last guy who asked for cheat codes? sadistic grin 😄

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

What happened?

------------------
"Go Galatic!"

Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy

"I rule this ocean with a iron fist, a iron tail, and a iron everything for that matter."

Metalseadramon

We humiliated him so much that the ran to his car, and drove away, down a freeway in the desert. He's the first guy mentioned driving a car in the topic "hehe" in Trash Talk.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 08-12-2000).)

Originally posted by Omran Khan:
I want to know are there any cheat codes for ares? is please post them here

There are cheat codes for ares but I can't remember them right now, try asking around on gameranger.

------------------

I know them 😄

but the missions arnt hard enough to use them

------------------

I know an easier way. But it'll cost ya five bucks...

Okay, okay...

Somebody asks for cheats once in a while, and there are many many many topics on this board already where they're listed. Anyway, just set your thing to show topics from the last year, and I guarantee that you'll see a few topics with what you want. Although, it's best to go beserk and try to beat levels without cheats. Try really weird stuff to beat missions... It works...

Anyway, I only use cheats for fun, like killing the gateship with 50 billion fighters, or stuff like that. Don't use cheats unless you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really need to, or if you've already beaten the game and are just screwing around with it.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Yeah, I like to play level 17 and let the Auds capture all of the bunker stations, then boost my resource replenishment rate by about four-fold and have one hell of a fight.

------------------