GTW Game 43

Regardless, it's Eugene's decision on whom to pick. As long as it isn't retep…

It seems too simplistic to say that SIB is the other traitor simply because he's pushing so hard against me. It may well be that Eugene or Mack is playing me... Then again, that retep ignored my accusation against him to attack SIB instead leads me to believe that SIB really is his teammate...

I hate to sound like mrxak here, but I often get accused of being aggressive, and I don't think I've ever been the traitor—at least not here on the DEFCON board.

@mackilroy, on 07 October 2012 - 08:23 AM, said in GTW Game 43:

Regardless, it's Eugene's decision on whom to pick. As long as it isn't retep…

Perhaps you are using people's general dislike against me as away to hide the fact that you are the real traitor? What is it with your routine delays in voting anyway?

I'm not, but you can freely assume that.

As for why I've been delayed in voting, I don't have regular access to the Internet except on my phone or by going to the library, and I've been busier than usual with real life and classes in the past week.

Confirming: Card to Techerakh, and Mission #1 Committee.

Eugene Chin
SoItBegins

This will prove illuminating if it succeeds or fails. I'm for it.

There are three votes in.

mrxak, please confirm that I will be able to choose to use this card AFTER the results of the mission are announced. (That is, if I have to announce ahead of time or something, let me know.)

I would have preferred a Eugene/Mack team, but I will support this one inasmuch as it excludes retep. Although there is probably a traitor on this team, I do not expect that the traitor will have the stones to fail this two-person mission with me holding the card I have. But we'll see.

You may use the card to see how one person chose to behave (succeed or fail) on a mission, but before the mission results are declared. You can say or not say whatever you like before the mission result votes are in, even lie or change your mind. When the mission PMs are in, I'll ask you if you want to play the plot card or not.

Yours is the last vote I'm waiting on, Techerakh.

Alright, sounds good. I will PM you my vote now. Apologies for the delay.

I'm opposing this mission. I'm confident enough that SIB is retep's partner that I don't want him entrusted with putting forward a mission for next round, much less getting to draw the card. I am OK with the proposed team; I just don't want SIB to be the next leader.

Proposal:
Eugene Chin
SoItBegins

Eugene Chin - Approve 10:04 PM 10/7
Mackilroy - Reject 3:31 PM 10/8
retep998 - Reject 10:15 PM 10/7
SoItBegins - Approve 1:58 PM 10/8
Techerakh - Reject 4:50 PM 10/8

Eugene Chin - Approve 10:04 PM 10/7
retep998 - Reject 10:15 PM 10/7
SoItBegins - Approve 1:58 PM 10/8
Mackilroy - Reject 3:31 PM 10/8
Techerakh - Reject 4:50 PM 10/8

The proposal is rejected. It is now SoItBegins' turn to propose two names.

SIB's in a bind now. On the one hand, if he leaves me off the team and takes Eugene or Mack, I'll be able to use the card to determine with certainty who (if anyone) fails the mission. On the other hand, if he takes me on the team with him, he is basically committing to accusing me of being the other traitor, and I'll have no reason to use the card, since it's already going to be my word against his (assuming he follows through and actually fails the mission). Of course, he could take retep…

@techerakh, on 08 October 2012 - 10:47 PM, said in GTW Game 43:

SIB's in a bind now. On the one hand, if he leaves me off the team and takes Eugene or Mack, I'll be able to use the card to determine with certainty who (if anyone) fails the mission. On the other hand, if he takes me on the team with him, he is basically committing to accusing me of being the other traitor, and I'll have no reason to use the card, since it's already going to be my word against his (assuming he follows through and actually fails the mission). Of course, he could take retep…

Just to be clear, the only reason you'd know who fails a mission with certainty in this case is because there are only two people on this mission. Your card only sees one person's vote, not all of them. I'm pretty sure you know that, but the way you said it without context might confuse others.

@techerakh, on 08 October 2012 - 10:47 PM, said in GTW Game 43:

SIB's in a bind now. On the one hand, if he leaves me off the team and takes Eugene or Mack, I'll be able to use the card to determine with certainty who (if anyone) fails the mission.

Bind? That's a good thing. Let's test.

S oitBegins and Mackilroy , partially as a trial balloon.

While I'm not positive about having you in it, SiB, I approve of myself being involved.

Two votes in.

@mrxak, on 09 October 2012 - 08:55 AM, said in GTW Game 43:

Just to be clear, the only reason you'd know who fails a mission with certainty in this case is because there are only two people on this mission. Your card only sees one person's vote, not all of them. I'm pretty sure you know that, but the way you said it without context might confuse others.

Right, exactly. The two-person mission gives the card more power than it would have otherwise. I'm looking forward to solving this case...

That said, I would still encourage people to vote this mission down. SIB is a probable traitor, and if SIB isn't a traitor, then Mack may well be. Oppose.

Hm, didn't notice I was next up to choose people.