GTW 41

A reminder to Shlimazel and Eugene Chin: PM your votes to me. I'll accept what's in the thread this time, but for future proposals you'll need to PM your votes or it won't count.

@soitbegins, on 25 August 2012 - 01:01 PM, said in GTW 41:

A reminder to Shlimazel and Eugene Chin: PM your votes to me. I'll accept what's in the thread this time, but for future proposals you'll need to PM your votes or it won't count.

I thought I did.

(Edit) This new forum architecture categorizes PM's as "Private Conversations" with the option to reply to that conversation.

Check the last PM you sent me.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 25 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

For those new to the game, the team building phase is generally played in person with physical cards played face down. Then, when everyone has their card in the center of the table, they are revealed all together. We mimic that by PMing the host (this game doesn't have a host in-person) our votes on proposals, and then when all the votes are in, the host reveals everyone's vote and the time/date when it came in. Everyone knows how everyone voted, but not until everyone has voted.

On the mission phase, in person, we would put in one of two cards that we all have, indicating either a success of failure of the mission. Cards go in face down, are shuffled together, then revealed. To maintain anonymity, the second card we all have is also put into the succeed/fail deck, shuffled, and redistributed. Online we instead PM our succeed/fail votes to the host, and the host simply announces how many succeed or fail votes there were without any information on who voted how, or when the votes came in.

Found and fixed the problem: There was an error with my notifications settings. I should get all future messages without trouble.

So how many votes are in?

@mrxak, on 25 August 2012 - 10:48 AM, said in GTW 41:

I strongly condemn those who have yet to post and participate in the discussion.

I'm still on vacation (until tomorrow). My usual frequent posting will resume then. PMing my vote now.

Fun fact: The Candy Kingdom’s fresh-water battleships are made of salt-water taffy.

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**
The King laid the votes out on the table for all to see. "It seems the first proposal is never the one accepted," he said. "It reminds me of my days as a politician." He dumped the slips of paper in the compost bin and returned the bowl to the center of the table.
"Remember," he added, as he gestured at Eugene Chin to speak, "a good compromise leaves everyone angry."

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**
mrxak votes REJECT at 5:34 PM.
retep998 foully votes APPROVE at 6:52 PM. (Seriously, man, cut down on the swearing.)
JacaByte votes APPROVE at 6:59 PM.
Eugene Chin votes REJECT at 10:39 PM.
darth_vader votes APPROVE at 8:40 AM.
Shlimazel votes REJECT at 11:45 AM.
Techerakh votes REJECT at 3:50 PM.

Motion is rejected.

Eugene Chin , it is your turn to make a proposal. This proposal should have two names, and everyone will need to APPROVE or REJECT it.
There is time for 4 more proposals, including yours.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 29 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Mission 1, Proposal #2, in alphabetical order:
Eugene Chin
Shlimazel

PM'ing Rejection now.

Let's see who darth_vader taps.

(Edit) Looking over the proposal order, it looks like retep998 is the one who would submit the fifth proposal for mission 1. Is that correct?

Double checking, because it'd suck to lose because we lost count of how many proposal's we'd gone through.

(Editx2) SoItBegins: The PM went through this time, right?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 25 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

@eugene-chin, on 25 August 2012 - 06:44 PM, said in GTW 41:

Looking over the proposal order, it looks like retep998 is the one who would submit the fifth proposal for mission 1. Is that correct?

Double checking, because it'd suck to lose because we lost count of how many proposal's we'd gone through.

Yes, retep998 proposes 5th. There's no need to worry— if you get down to the last proposal for a round, I will mention it in red text.

As per my usual standards, I cannot in good faith accept Eugene's proposal simply because it does not contain me. Therefore I reject his proposal.

retep, your "usual standards" blow. Your sudden abandonment of them last game helped throw the game for us civs. :x

Funny, I didn't know retep had standards.

So I'm not sure what Eugene chin is trying to prove here. Eugene, are you trying to trick traitors into accepting proposals that have their cohorts on them? Because the traitors will figure out darned quick that innocents are expected to reject these proposals, and we won't learn anything as far as I can tell.

Edit: Oh I get it, you're analyzing who people select as partners, and the way they vote is simply a bonus. Is that right?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 25 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

@jacabyte, on 25 August 2012 - 08:03 PM, said in GTW 41:

Edit: Oh I get it, you're analyzing who people select as partners, and the way they vote is simply a bonus. Is that right?

Yep.

With three traitors, seven players and five proposals, at least one of the players putting forth a proposal this mission will turn out to be a traitor.

I'll admit it's still prone to double-think; but it will give us something going into mission 2.

For sure. Sounds like a good strategy to me.

@soitbegins, on 25 August 2012 - 05:54 PM, said in GTW 41:

retep998 foully votes APPROVE at 6:52 PM. (Seriously, man, cut down on the swearing.)

That's just what retep998 does.

@retep998, on 25 August 2012 - 07:16 PM, said in GTW 41:

As per my usual standards, I cannot in good faith accept Eugene's proposal simply because it does not contain me. Therefore I reject his proposal.

Ugh, you're the worst.

@eugene-chin, on 25 August 2012 - 08:23 PM, said in GTW 41:

Yep.

With three traitors, seven players and five proposals, at least one of the players putting forth a proposal this mission will turn out to be a traitor.

I'll admit it's still prone to double-think; but it will give us something going into mission 2.

As I proved in the last game, if you make your tests obvious, bad guys know how to pass them and good guys stupidly accept that. We're going to learn nothing at all from this round since everyone knows what to do.

@mrxak, on 25 August 2012 - 08:35 PM, said in GTW 41:

As I proved in the last game, if you make your tests obvious, bad guys know how to pass them and good guys stupidly accept that. We're going to learn nothing at all from this round since everyone knows what to do.

But see, in future rounds, once we have a general idea of who the traitors are, we'll be able to go back to these proposals to narrow down who their cohorts are based on who they picked in their proposals.

@jacabyte, on 26 August 2012 - 03:19 PM, said in GTW 41:

But see, in future rounds, once we have a general idea of who the traitors are, we'll be able to go back to these proposals to narrow down who their cohorts are based on who they picked in their proposals.

We might have been able to, if people hadn't told everyone that this is what we're going to do. If I was a bad guy, and I was up to pick names, I would make sure I did the opposite of one of my cohorts that had already gone (five proposals, seven players, yeah, probably at least two bad guys are picking this round), so no matter what we concluded later, it wouldn't mean a thing.

So should we cut this experiment off early or should we let retep pick a partner for the first mission? It doesn't really matter either way anymore as far as I can tell, the cat's out of the bag.

I believe it would be darth's turn to pick a partner after Eugene. I have to admit that it seems pointless to continue this exercise, especially since if the terrorists weren't already doing what mrxak suggested to evade detection, he has certainly given them the idea of doing it now.

It seems like Eugene is actively trying to determine ways to get information we can use to pick out terrorists, so for this reason (among others) I think he can be trusted to vote succeed on this mission. Given that I am also on this proposal, and I know my own role as an innocent for certain, I feel confident that this mission composition would be a good one to move forward with, if we don't continue this exercise any longer. As such, I'm going to Accept this proposal, even though it wasn't intended to be accepted, in the interests of moving the game along.

6 people have now voted.