GTW 40

Hey sorry guys, my personal life interfered, as it is wont. I'll be getting all caught up in the next few minutes.

Welp.

I'll be removing posts from people who aren't playing. Post in another topic, please.

This motion will be decided within seven hours.

I kind of wish you had deleted-in-place (removed from view) instead of unapproved. I am still subjected to the horror of JacaByte's meme image.

My post haunts you in the afterlife!

(For the record it was from the "Mentlegen" meme, nothing that's especially horrific to normal people.)

It also combined the most overrated game of all time.

Mission #2 Subcommittee by retep998
darth_vader
mrxak
retep998
SoItBegins

Approve
retep998 -- 2:58
darth_vader -- 4:04

Reject
Crow T. Robot -- 2:10
JacaByte -- 2:18
croc -- 2:29
SoItBegins -- 9:24
mrxak -- 12:44
prophile -- 6:19

Result:
Two approvals, six rejections. The motion fails.

The committee proposal consisting of darth_vader, mrxak, retep998 and SoItBegins has been rejected. JacaByte is the new speaker, and may choose another four players to form the committee. Two committees have been rejected. After five committee rejections, the terrorists win.

Hah!

I'm going to take some time to think about this one. So far I'm dead set on myself, mrxak and croc. I want to read over this topic some more, in the mean time you guys can debate over who should and shouldn't be on this proposal.

Well I trust SoItBegins, more. I don't trust Crow T. Robot at all, and prophile... I don't know anything about prophile and that makes me nervous.

JacaByte, you better put me on this next proposal, or I am totally going to suspect you as a traitor.

As for me, I'm dubious about mrxak, really starting to wonder about retep, and don't know anything about prophile.

I've still got mrxak and retep at the top of my list of suspects. Still not sure about the other members yet.

@retep998, on 01 August 2012 - 01:13 AM, said in GTW 40:

JacaByte, you better put me on this next proposal, or I am totally going to suspect you as a traitor.

Because that's totally a good reason to put you on a proposal.

Edit: Back on topic.

I know for fact that I'm innocent.

So I believe quite strongly that croc is innocent. Why? Because of this post;

@croc, on 29 July 2012 - 06:40 PM, said in GTW 40:

I would make a proposal with

• Myself, because I am innocent

• All people that have not yet gone on a mission

• definitely not retep or SoItBegins as they have both clearly attempted to get themselves on this team and it seems fairly suspicious to me

... not that it matters until it's my turn to pick a team. I've already outlined how i would pick the team in my previous post.

Edit: I also have never claimed the selection was "bad", simply that I predicted exactly what would happen when leadership passed to retep. Casting further suspicion on mrxak...

It seems entirely honest and does not contain any doublethink. I like these kinds of posts in GTW.

My gut says that mrxak is innocent, he's completely in character as a manipulative little shade, which is what he always plays GTW as.

Crow and SIB could both be innocent, but I'm not sure which is more likely to be innocent. They're both equally suspicious, and they both have equally little information in the form of posts that I can glean info from.

I'm going to consider everybody else to be treacherous, due to lack of information or, in the case of retep998, information that vindicates them as traitors. (retep's voting pattern and poor attempt to bully me into putting him on this proposal for two.)

For an actual proposal I think I'll go with SIB. Since he's already been on a successful mission having him on the second mission will either help us ensure the mission's success or figure out if there was a traitor on the first mission in the event of the second mission's failure.

So here's what I've got for mission 2 so far;

croc
JacaByte
mrxak

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

As usual, I'm going to have to reject this proposal.

EDIT: Stop ninja-editing your proposal man.

This post has been edited by retep998 : 01 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Sorry mon. 😞

For the record, here's my final answer, my proposal for mission 2;

croc
JacaByte
mrxak
SoItBegins

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 01 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

It seems like a good idea when you set it out, but I still think it stinks... I mean, mrxak has made SUCH a spectacle of himself that I am solidly convinced he is a traitor. I will not vote for any mission with him on UNLESS it is the 5th mission and I'm doing so to save our collective hide.

(Or further data convinces me otherwise, of course.)

REJECT.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 01 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Consider this to be a test then; if this mission fails we can look towards mrxak's direction and try to either eliminate him from the pool of possible traitors or condemn him as a traitor. Then we can replace him with somebody who is innocent.

@jacabyte, on 01 August 2012 - 01:05 PM, said in GTW 40:

Consider this to be a test then; if this mission fails we can look towards mrxak's direction and try to either eliminate him from the pool of possible traitors or condemn him as a traitor. Then we can replace him with somebody who is innocent.

...OK, that is actually a decent rationale.

ACCEPT, provisionally. I'll fire up the 'I told you so' cannon.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 01 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

I'm with SoItBegin's on this. I think mrxak is one of our traitors but we are getting closer to the deadlock warning, so I'll join in and APPROVE this also but I will not be surprised if this mission would fail.