GTW 40

This proposal has two traitors on it as well.

Seeing as how darth_vader is almost certainly a bad guy, and this next mission only takes one fail vote to fail, thus losing us the whole game, I'm definitely rejecting this one :p. I have no interest in speculating on anyone else until after this proposal is rejected.

ADVICE TO CIVS: DO NOT EVEN READ SIB'S POST

THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON TO READ IT

JUST VOTE NO AND LET'S MOVE ON

P.S. TRAITORS: SIB, RETEP, DARTH

@techerakh, on 16 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said in GTW 40:

THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON TO READ IT

Really? Honestly? Surely I thought you would have reveled in reading a post where I logically deduce that I must be a traitor.

@techerakh, on 16 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said in GTW 40:

P.S. TRAITORS: SIB, RETEP, DARTH

You poor deluded fool.
You STILL think I'm a traitor?
I dearly hope that you are a traitor because I won't be voting for anything with you on it.

@retep998, on 17 August 2012 - 12:31 AM, said in GTW 40:

You poor deluded fool.
You STILL think I'm a traitor?

You say "still" as if anything has changed since I first realized you were guilty :rolleyes:

If you want to participate actively in the game, I welcome it, but you have to start from the beginning, not from when you realize your team might be in trouble

Let's get on with the voting, already, so we can move on to retep998's proposal (and perhaps another three after that). This one's a no-brainer, guys.

Mission #5 Subcommittee by SoItBegins
croc
Crow. T Robot
darth_vader
retep998
Techerakh

Reject
Techerakh -- 20:15

SoItBegins -- 12:23
retep998 -- 12:29
mrxak -- 13:28
Crow T. Robot -- 14:24

croc -- 9:54
darth_vader -- 12:29
JacaByte -- 17:31

Result:
Eight rejections, no approvals, The motion fails.

The committee consisting of croc, Crow. T Robot, darth_vader, retep998, and Techerakh has been rejected. retep998 is the new speaker, and may choose another five players to form the committee. After five committee rejections, the terrorists win.

Okay, so again, JacaByte and Techerakh voted against SoItBegins being on the team in the fourth round. darth_vader voted in favor of it. I think it's safe to say JacaByte and Techerakh are innocent, and darth_vader is guilty. croc also voted against it, so he's innocent too. Since we need to do this perfectly with all five good guys on the team, I will be rejecting all teams that don't include myself as well, and all innocents should do the same. retep998, if you're innocent, keep Crow T. Robot off the team, and take me, you, Techerakh, JacaByte, and croc. If you're not innocent, do us a favor please and replace yourself with Crow T. Robot.

Pretty sure retep998 is a traitor. Did you notice how, when making a proposal for mission 4, Crow put himself, retep and myself on the same proposal? If he were a traitor that would have been a potentially game losing moment for him, seeing that he'd be the only traitor on that mission because he set up the team that way.

Gentlemen, our traitors are darth_vader, retep998 and SoItBegins.

Apologies for not posting frequently here, been hired as a new music teacher and been busy with inservice. With that out of the way, I agree with Jacabyte's assessment that retep is our traitor along with darth and SIB. Now to wait and see what retep will do with his proposal.

@jacabyte, on 17 August 2012 - 06:05 PM, said in GTW 40:

Pretty sure retep998 is a traitor. Did you notice how, when making a proposal for mission 4, Crow put himself, retep and myself on the same proposal? If he were a traitor that would have been a potentially game losing moment for him, seeing that he'd be the only traitor on that mission because he set up the team that way.

Gentlemen, our traitors are darth_vader, retep998 and SoItBegins.

Well. There is one other possibility. I am reluctant to say it, for obvious reasons, but before retep998 figures it out himself and looks credible for saying it...

This isn't true, but, I could be the third bad guy instead of retep998. I'm definitely not, but since we've got retep998 backed in a corner where he might be desperate enough to really look at the facts (for once), if Crow T. Robot is innocent, and croc, JacaByte, and Techerakh are innocent, there's really no strong evidence that I'm a good guy, is there? I am the sucker who ended up putting SoItBegins on the last team to fail the mission. In my defense, though, it did completely out SoItBegins and darth_vader in the process, and my only two reasonable choices were both bad guys so I was screwed either way.

Anyway, I'm probably crazy for pointing this out and drawing attention to myself, but I think full disclosure is worthwhile here, just in case retep998 suddenly accuses me first. Hopefully this earns some trust at least?

So the old phrase, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Right mrxak. 😉

Not sure what you mean by that, but we really can't afford any screw-ups here at the end. This round wins it for the good guys or the bad guys, and we have to get the team perfect with nobody left off. So, since I have to be on this team for the good guys to win, I don't feel it's worth the risk of keeping my mouth shut and letting retep998 point the finger at me if he's the bad guy.

By the way, it's my birthday, so no guarantees as to participation for the rest of the day. I should be around, for the most part, but that's another reason why I'm getting my defense out there now before opinions are formed when I'm not around.

Well then, it looks like JacaByte, Techerakh, and Crow T. Robot all believe me to be a traitor. Don't forget what happened last game with our dear Mackilroy. Even though he seemed suspicious, it turned out adam_0 was the real traitor.

I still cannot decide on a proposal, so I am asking for everyone's input.
So, we need to have five people out of eight.
First we need to select two people out of the four people of mission #3. SoItBegins is clearly a traitor, so that's down to two out of three people: Techerakh, JacaByte, and darth_vader. One of them is a traitor, and the other two are innocent.
Then we need to select three out of the four people who weren't on mission #3. For this proposal we will assume that I am innocent, and if you disagree, just reject the proposal and don't waste your time accusing me. So, out of mrxak, Crow. T. Robot, and croc, one of them is a traitor, and the other two are innocent.
So basically, we have two decisions to make here, each involving selecting the one traitor out of a group of three.
Please compile and post any and all relevant information as well as who you think I should choose.

This post has been edited by retep998 : 18 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Tcherak is deeeefinitely a traitor. Definitely. You can trust me~ 😄

I say it's opposite day, and darth_vader is really our traitor.

a) SoItBegins is angry about being outed, and is trying to take down his cohort Techerakh because if he can't win, nobody on his team can either.
b) SoItBegins is lying, trying to get us to think that Techerakh is a bad guy, but he's really not.
c) SoItBegins wants us to think that he's lying because Techerakh really is a bad guy, and SoItBegins wants to have us trust him more.
d) SoItBegins wants us to think that he wants us to think he's lying, because Techerakh is not a bad guy, but we might start to suspect Techerakh because of it.
e) SoItBegins wants us to think that he wants us to think that he wants us to think he's lying, because Techerakh is a bad guy, and he wants us to think that we are outthinking him.
f) SoItBegins wants us to think that he wants us to think that he wants us to think that he wants us to think he's lying, because Techerakh is not a bad guy, but he wants us to think that he is.

This is called an expression game. Like global thermonuclear war, the only way to win is not to play.

@mrxak, on 18 August 2012 - 04:30 PM, said in GTW 40:

a) SoItBegins is angry about being outed, and is trying to take down his cohort Techerakh because if he can't win, nobody on his team can either.
🆒 SoItBegins is lying, trying to get us to think that Techerakh is a bad guy, but he's really not.
c) SoItBegins wants us to think that he's lying because Techerakh really is a bad guy, and SoItBegins wants to have us trust him more.
d) SoItBegins wants us to think that he wants us to think he's lying, because Techerakh is not a bad guy, but we might start to suspect Techerakh because of it.
e) SoItBegins wants us to think that he wants us to think that he wants us to think he's lying, because Techerakh is a bad guy, and he wants us to think that we are outthinking him.
f) SoItBegins wants us to think that he wants us to think that he wants us to think that he wants us to think he's lying, because Techerakh is not a bad guy, but he wants us to think that he is.

Yes.

So uh, is retep998 going to actually make a proposal sometime? Or are people going to argue with each other? Or you know, anything at all? We're like three and a half weeks into this game now, and I'd really like to see the outcome of it eventually...