Templar98921
mrxak
prophile

orcaloverbri9
orcaloverbri9
jrsh92

JacaByte
GutlessWonder

Templar : next time edit your previous post or I won't count your vote change.

Well, in order to satisfy Mackilroy's requirement that we check in once a day and do something useful, and because this round ends in about 12 minutes, I'm going to change my vote to Orcaloverbri9 in order to break the tie and for self defense. Since the first round is often pretty random in the first place, make what you will of my vote change in the next round.

P.S. I've just noticed that GutlessWonder voted for me and isn't playing, and Orcaloverbri9 hasn't posted at all and thus hasn't vote yet. What gives?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 12 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

I'm confused at how orcaloverbri9 has voted twice on Mack's list.

I don't really want a tie, so I'm gonna vote for orcaloverbri9 , because I think that's the only way it's actually broken.

Haha, I'm out of it today guys, sorry. As for how orca voted, I mentioned if you didn't vote, or abstained, I was taking that as a vote for yourself. Also, JacaByte, Gutless is playing. Didn't you see him in the player list?

Council Chambers - November 12

Everyone is sitting in their seats arguing about who the dictator is when Mack steps back into the chamber.

"Hello, gentlemen. Today we've voted to remove orcaloverbri9 from the board, due to his four votes." Everyone watches as orcaloverbri9 is taken away by armed guards. As the men clear the doors, a shot is heard and everyone turns to find mrxak slumped in his seat, dead, and a masked man slipping out of the chamber into a nearby hallway. As armed guards chase him, Mack says, "Well, that was unexpected. Seems some of the nuclear missiles we assigned to destroy orcaloverbri9's country have been revectored to hit mrxakLand. What's worse is that mrxak was the ABM Commander. The dictator must have gotten him!" Mack gesticulates wildly, and insists the remaining players vote again.

Final vote tally:

orcaloverbri9
orcaloverbri9
mrxak (dead)
JacaByte
Jrsh92

prophile
Templar98921

Templar98921
prophile

JacaByte
GutlessWonder

You mean, mrxak, as the SDI, didn't choose to protect himself for the first round?

No, he did not.

Addendum: you get one death post, and it cannot influence the game. Once the game is over, I'll reveal the rules for each role.

Huuurrghk, bleeeehhh...

I know I'm sticking my own neck out here, but I'm gonna stick with JacaByte...at least for the time being.

@prophile, on Nov 11 2008, 01:01 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I'm going to vote GutlessWonder (retracted) because he's the least likely candidate - that must mean he's both an actor and a terrorist. A scary combo, I'm sure you all agree.

Though I appreciate the effort, prophile , your trademark absurd rationalization of seemingly random votes-- seen again when you voted for Templar for not showing up despite his having done so-- do nothing to suggest your innocence.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 13 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

The terrorists seem perfectly happy to let the vote tally stand tied with Jaca and prophile, leading those two into a tiebreaker round. For this reason, I'm changing my vote to Templar98921 in an attempt to either get a terrorist into the tiebreaker round (not too likely but also not impossible) or just stir up activity.... hopefully...

Because of my work schedule tomorrow, this round will end sometime around 10:30 CST - earlier if I get home from work sooner. It depends.

Don't forget to post and vote, people!

My theory on the situation is that either prophile or templar are playing some type of game with each other in order to cover up their roles. In a game where there's two ED, I'd have said that they were the EDs, but for now I'm going to settle with Templar98921 mainly because he already got one vote and I want to see either prophile or templar dead by the end of this round. It should make things a bit less complicated.

Arrgh. Not again.

Prophile. I'd rather see him dead.

Alright, round is over.

Vote tally:

Templar98921
JacaByte
jrsh92

JacaByte
GutlessWonder

prophile
Tempplar98921

Council Chambers - November 14

Everyone is sitting at their seats when Mack returns to the podium. "Well, gentlemen, as you can see you've decided to kill Templar98921." He turned to the guards, and as he gestured for them to take Templar98921 away, the remaining council members watch Templar98921's country be reduced to radioactive rubble.

"Fortunately the dictator among us did not strike, but he's still lurking. You must catch him, and soon, before we all die. Good luck!"

@mackilroy, on Nov 14 2008, 11:05 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

"Fortunately the dictator among us did not strike, but he's still lurking. You must catch him, and soon, before we all die. Good luck!"

Dictator, Singular? Not:
Dictator 's , Plural?

Singular, not plural.

Sorry guys, been busier than I thought I would be and GTW slipped my mind.

Figures...the one game I'm innocent, I'm killed off in the first round.

Time's up, prophile! You were the only one who wasn't active last round. With that in mind, and the fact that the evil dictator didn't kill anybody last round, I must conclude that you are he.

Quite a clever ploy, Jacabyte , don't kill for a round and make everyone jump on the guy who didn't show up during that round. Take the suspicion away from yourself for a while...

Oh, so you think I just handed prophile a few bucks to make sure he didn't show up? Unlikely. Assuming I were the dictator, why would I forfeit the one and only chance I had at winning the game just to cause a little confusion? It's illogical; if I were active, and I was, I would make sure that Mackilroy had someone killed so the game would end as quickly as possible. The longer the game's drawn out the more likely someone is to figure out who the evil dictator is. I would not take the chance of losing the game by lengthening it by one round.