GTW Game 30

@jacabyte, on Aug 31 2008, 01:03 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

Bah, I don't expect to live much longer in this game, and I think mrxak is the one we're after. Have at thee!

@kickme, on Aug 31 2008, 04:15 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

And now that the first round is over, I show up.

From reading the first round, it appears as if mrxak is trying to influence the vote, then change his to hide responsibility.

Look guys, SoItBegins is just angry at me because I joked about sticking a knife in his back in the last hour of the round. He may have been the IA, but I can guarantee he doesn't know that I'm evil. For one thing, I'm not evil, so if he had investigated me, he would have been illegally trying to influence the game in my favor instead of illegally trying to influence the game against me as he is now. The other reason he doesn't know that I'm evil is because he died in the first round. He's not had a chance to investigate anybody.

Kill me if you want, like I said at the beginning of the game, I wasn't planning on living very long anyway, and I've already had plenty of fun. Just be aware that you're voting against me simply because I was clever enough to avoid dying last round, and SoItBegins wasn't. SoItBegins has nobody to blame for his death but himself.

SoItBegins acted, as he readily admitted, much more aggressively than usual. That attracted Rebelious's vote.

Next he attracted JacaByte's vote, which I might point out, because JacaByte didn't think I was a terrorist. I guess you've changed your mind again, eh JacaByte? The difference between us, who both changed our minds, is that last round I changed my mind to somebody who may have been guilty (we won't know until he dies or the game ends), and you changed your mind from somebody you think is guilty (although I am innocent), to somebody we all now know was the IA. Hindsight is 20-20, sure, but do you really trust your judgement about me now after making a blunder like you did last round? I didn't really think SIB was guilty last round, I just wanted to make sure everybody knew that he could be. I changed as soon as I could save myself, and then as soon as it was safe to do so I changed to somebody who was lurking. You started by voting for jrsh92 for abstaining, which is fairly legitimate although you did it in the opening hours of the game when abstaining doesn't matter. But then you changed your vote to SoItBegins. We all know now that jrsh92 and SoItBegins has died just how off you are this game. Do you really want to compound that by voting for me now?

Finally, SoItBegins got a vote by jrsh92. jrsh92 was defending himself of course from SoItBegins. This was an unnecessary situation for SIB to put himself in. He'd have been far better off selecting a new target that more people would have agreed with. There were plenty of people who hadn't voted yet, and I myself definitely might have changed my vote for the right argument. I didn't believe SoItBegins was guilty, a fact I made clear all along. SoItBegins has said he's been trying to learn how to be a better player. I think he's got plenty to learn from this game.

So, SoItBegins dug his own grave on that one. We can either play the blame game and try to point the finger at each other, blindly obey a person who has no inside knowledge and shouldn't be trying to influence the game after their death, or we can actually go after people like Templar98921 or kickme who are much more likely to be evil. kickme is a notorious lurker, especially when evil. Templar98921 simply voted for himself last round, then retracted it, giving the appearance of activity while basically just trying to not offend anybody. Let's not be fooled by such obvious ploys.

Really, it's easy for anybody to say they're innocent, but to do it in an elaborate fashion as you have done is really something to marvel at. Basically, you're implying that I'm the terrorist and at the same time, taunting my judgment about your role. I think you're toying with us, and if that's something that doesn't really make steam shoot out my ears, I don't know what is. I hate being toyed with.

Besides that, you say now that you thought SIB was innocent last round, yet you didn't try to stop us from lynching him in favor, I don't know, jrsh92. You voted for him on the first day, watched us all follow, and changed your vote to somebody who didn't have much headway in the voting situation, changing to jrsh92 and then to Shlimazel. You voted for the latter two people half heartedly, and didn't try to convince us that they were better targets than SIB. In fact, I think you knew that they weren't better targets, because you are a terrorist yourself and knew that they were innocent. My vote stands to the last.

@adam_0, on Sep 1 2008, 04:02 AM, said in GTW Game 30:

You know your quote was from last round, right?

What I see is that you're dancing in your little corner. You haven't done squat to try and figure it out, rather than take a stab at me, a critic of yours.

Also, you've failed to justify your vote for me. You can't even call it self-defense because nobody else has voted for you. Besides, I think with SIB's death post, more people will go after mrxak, who I don't even to believe to be evil. Point is, in self-defense, you should vote for mrxak and not me. I think you're just trying to take the attention off the fact that you're probably a terrorist.

Uh huh. So, to sum up your post:

1. I quoted from last round. Of course, this round had barely started and what I wanted to reply to was last round. I couldn't post a reply before because I was asleep.

2. I haven't done squat to figure it out. Without being in my head, you cannot say this without any certainty.

3. I've failed to justify my vote for you. But, you accused me of not doing anything, which I freely admit. But you cannot accuse me of being guilty because of it. If anything kickme has been lurking more, vote for him. You should no that very little productive happens in the first round of these games usually.

4. Why would I call my vote for you self defense? I'm currently in only a little bit of danger, as the round isn't nearly finished yet. So how would voting for you remove heat from me? It wouldn't. I'm voting for you because your behavior has been suspicious. Voting for me now because I did nothing in round 1, and in round 1 you voted for SoItBegins for 'being more aggressive', after he had voted for mrxak, and made two posts, one of which was stupid, and one of which was offering not to vote for someone. Forgive me, but that doesn't sound that aggressive to me.

I have attempted to figure out the terrorists, and Rebelious you seem the most guilty.

EDIT:
mrxak: Logically the safest place for a terrorist would be in the thick of things, not lurking. Lurking is automatically a suspicious activity and draws attention.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 31 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Somebody has a stick up no-man's-land.

@templar98921, on Aug 31 2008, 07:14 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

1. I quoted from last round. Of course, this round had barely started and what I wanted to reply to was last round. I couldn't post a reply before because I was asleep.

Fair enough. I was just making sure you knew that we had moved on to a new round.

2. I haven't done squat to figure it out. Without being in my head, you cannot say this without any certainty.

Well you certainly haven't made any effort to even make it appear that way. Some people write paragraph-long ideas and speculations that they have. You sit around and vote for yourself. Not too productive.

3. I've failed to justify my vote for you. But, you accused me of not doing anything, which I freely admit. But you cannot accuse me of being guilty because of it. If anything kickme has been lurking more, vote for him. You should no that very little productive happens in the first round of these games usually.

It's not about lurking more, it's about trying to act inconspicuous. By running around like you don't have a care in the world, you kinda put yourself in people's sights.

4. Why would I call my vote for you self defense? I'm currently in only a little bit of danger, as the round isn't nearly finished yet. So how would voting for you remove heat from me? It wouldn't. I'm voting for you because your behavior has been suspicious. Voting for me now because I did nothing in round 1, and in round 1 you voted for SoItBegins for 'being more aggressive', after he had voted for mrxak, and made two posts, one of which was stupid, and one of which was offering not to vote for someone. Forgive me, but that doesn't sound that aggressive to me.

I have attempted to figure out the terrorists, and Rebelious you seem the most guilty.

You still fail to justify why, besides saying "he looks weird." SoItBegins edited quite a bit out of one of his posts, IIRC, and that was the "aggressive" part. Oh well, I may fail to convince you.

By the way, if I were a terrorist, you'd already be dead.

@templar98921, on Aug 31 2008, 10:14 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

EDIT:
mrxak: Logically the safest place for a terrorist would be in the thick of things, not lurking. Lurking is automatically a suspicious activity and draws attention.

Clearly not. Or maybe you should tell that to the people voting for me.

I do have to say one thing though, kind of related to Eugene Chin always getting nightkilled first. He gets killed early by the bad guys because they know he's a threat. They know I'm a threat too, but they leave me alive usually because they know everyone loves to go after me in the second and third rounds. Going after me as you nearly always do in the second round, you're only playing into their hands. I don't mind the attention because I get to test my wits and strategy, but it doesn't really help us win if you keep trying to kill me.

@adam_0, on Sep 1 2008, 10:56 AM, said in GTW Game 30:

Well you certainly haven't made any effort to even make it appear that way. Some people write paragraph-long ideas and speculations that they have. You sit around and vote for yourself. Not too productive.
It's not about lurking more, it's about trying to act inconspicuous. By running around like you don't have a care in the world, you kinda put yourself in people's sights.
You still fail to justify why, besides saying "he looks weird." SoItBegins edited quite a bit out of one of his posts, IIRC, and that was the "aggressive" part. Oh well, I may fail to convince you.

By the way, if I were a terrorist, you'd already be dead.

1. Right-o. I will share all my insights in future. It's just that this has tended to get me killed.

2. I don't understand how 'running around like you don't have a care in the world' is the same as acting inconspicuous. Are you saying I should be inconspicuous? Isn't that aspiring to lurk?

3. All the justifaction that any of us have is 'he looks weird.' That is justification by the standards of this game.

4. Okay, if SoItBegins edited his posts then okay. I'll request independent verification if it all right by you. Can anyone corroborate Rebelious's story?

As for that last quote, that makes no sense. No-one would've killed me last round, as I wasn't a massive target. I would have taken out Eugene or mrxak, assuming their not terrorists.

@jacabyte, on Aug 31 2008, 09:31 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

Really, it's easy for anybody to say they're innocent, but to do it in an elaborate fashion as you have done is really something to marvel at. Basically, you're implying that I'm the terrorist and at the same time, taunting my judgment about your role. I think you're toying with us, and if that's something that doesn't really make steam shoot out my ears, I don't know what is. I hate being toyed with.

Besides that, you say now that you thought SIB was innocent last round, yet you didn't try to stop us from lynching him in favor, I don't know, jrsh92. You voted for him on the first day, watched us all follow, and changed your vote to somebody who didn't have much headway in the voting situation, changing to jrsh92 and then to Shlimazel. You voted for the latter two people half heartedly, and didn't try to convince us that they were better targets than SIB. In fact, I think you knew that they weren't better targets, because you are a terrorist yourself and knew that they were innocent. My vote stands to the last.

I'm not saying you're guilty. If you think that's what I said, that's between you and your conscience. You're right that I am questioning your judgement, however. If you've been wrong about everything so far, what makes you think you're right about me?

I voted for SoItBegins to make a statement, I was clear on that. If you all thought that meant I was accusing him, that's your own problem. I voted jrsh92 only as insurance against SoItBegins backstabbing me. jrsh92 had already voted for me, so it was relatively safe. As soon as things were stable enough for me to make an actual vote, I went for who I thought was most suspicious at the time. I explained my reasoning behind Shlimazel, and attempted to convince Eugene Chin to vote for kickme for the same reason. Apparently you missed all that in your blind desire to see me dead.

Anyway, like I said, I had a lot of fun the first round. I'm prepared to die. If you want to kill me, go ahead. I can only just tell you that it won't help you win.

@templar98921, on Aug 31 2008, 10:27 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

As for that last quote, that makes no sense. No-one would've killed me last round, as I wasn't a massive target. I would have taken out Eugene or mrxak, assuming their not terrorists.

sigh If I were a terrorist, I would have picked you as my target and you'd be dead. That's the point.

@mrxak, on Sep 1 2008, 07:36 AM, said in GTW Game 30:

I'm not saying you're guilty. If you think that's what I said, that's between you and your conscience. You're right that I am questioning your judgement, however. If you've been wrong about everything so far, what makes you think you're right about me?

Unless I'm quite mistaken, now you're calling me a terrorist. Not that it makes any difference; the terrorists are now going to try to keep me alive anyhow to increase the amount of confusion that will fly around in round 3. I'm kinda hoping that they will kill me because of the bloody mess me, you, SIB and jrsh92 made. It'll at least prove that I'm innocent.

I voted for SoItBegins to make a statement, I was clear on that. If you all thought that meant I was accusing him, that's your own problem. I voted jrsh92 only as insurance against SoItBegins backstabbing me. jrsh92 had already voted for me, so it was relatively safe. As soon as things were stable enough for me to make an actual vote, I went for who I thought was most suspicious at the time. I explained my reasoning behind Shlimazel, and attempted to convince Eugene Chin to vote for kickme for the same reason. Apparently you missed all that in your blind desire to see me dead.

I don't call the blurb about Shlimazel you made when you voted for him an "explanation."

Anyway, like I said, I had a lot of fun the first round. I'm prepared to die. If you want to kill me, go ahead. I can only just tell you that it won't help you win.

The way I see it, if you're innocent, you're either going to be lynched or nightkilled, since the terrorists will want your hide as well, and I'm a loose cannon enough to keep the council busy. If your a terrorist, you'll either get lynched or not killed at all.

Two innocents will die this round. (Assuming you're a terrorist) I honestly don't know of a person who's more likely to be a terrorist than either you or me, and thus if we pull our votes for you and vote for someone else, that other person will more than likely be innocent. The terrorists always kill innocents. Also, if you're a terrorist, you would still be alive at the end of this round anyway, and we'd just kill you during round three. The way I see it, it's safer to kill you now ourselves, instead of leaving you alive until round three, in case you're a terrorist. You're dead meat, so we'd might as well end this quickly.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 01 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

@jacabyte, on Sep 1 2008, 11:01 AM, said in GTW Game 30:

Unless I'm quite mistaken, now you're calling me a terrorist. Not that it makes any difference; the terrorists are now going to try to keep me alive anyhow to increase the amount of confusion that will fly around in round 3. I'm kinda hoping that they will kill me because of the bloody mess me, you, SIB and jrsh92 made. It'll at least prove that I'm innocent.

I don't call the blurb about Shlimazel you made when you voted for him an "explanation."

The way I see it, if you're innocent, you're either going to be lynched or nightkilled, since the terrorists will want your hide as well, and I'm a loose cannon enough to keep the council busy. If your a terrorist, you'll either get lynched or not killed at all.

Two innocents will die this round. (Assuming you're a terrorist) I honestly don't know of a person who's more likely to be a terrorist than either you or me, and thus if we pull our votes for you and vote for someone else, that other person will more than likely be innocent. The terrorists always kill innocents. Also, if you're a terrorist, you would still be alive at the end of this round anyway, and we'd just kill you during round three. The way I see it, it's safer to kill you now ourselves, instead of leaving you alive until round three, in case you're a terrorist. You're dead meat, so we'd might as well end this quickly.

You're mistaken. I'm just having a bit of fun with you, since you seem convinced I think you're a terrorist.

I'm sorry if you don't consider what I said an explanation, but it was. If you require additional clarification, I was saying he and kickme were lurking, had not shown up at all, and thus I was going to vote for Shlimazel.

I think the terrorists will keep me around like they usually do, because I make a great lightning rod. Personally I'm enjoying myself immensely, so I rather hope they let me stick around to keep fending off these ridiculous attacks of yours (and others), but if I'm eventually overcome, you'll see I was telling the truth. Perhaps it'll even show you all that you need to pay more attention to Templar98921 and the lurkers.

I don't know why you think two innocents will die this round. I'm rather hoping we get one of the bad guys. Maybe you're not so convinced I'm evil? Then you kind of ramble, and to be honest I'm just too tired to read to it all. Circular logic just bores me.

Templar98921 has been trying to appear active while not at all, and avoiding offense to anybody. He's obviously a heck of a lot more suspicious than you or me. Let's just vote for him, mmkay?

@mrxak, on Sep 1 2008, 09:53 AM, said in GTW Game 30:

You're mistaken. I'm just having a bit of fun with you, since you seem convinced I think you're a terrorist.

I'm sorry if you don't consider what I said an explanation, but it was. If you require additional clarification, I was saying he and kickme were lurking, had not shown up at all, and thus I was going to vote for Shlimazel.

Ah, but see the caveat is that you didn't try to get the rest of us to follow you in your vote. Surely that's something you would have done if you believed he was a terrorist, or a truly better choice than SIB?

I think the terrorists will keep me around like they usually do, because I make a great lightning rod. Personally I'm enjoying myself immensely, so I rather hope they let me stick around to keep fending off these ridiculous attacks of yours (and others), but if I'm eventually overcome, you'll see I was telling the truth. Perhaps it'll even show you all that you need to pay more attention to Templar98921 and the lurkers.

I'll admit, I'm having fun with this too. Since I think I'm going to make a good lighting rod as well, I'll retract my vote and go with Templar98921. He didn't post at all last round, and he sounds like he's treading on thin ice when he tries to defend himself.

I don't know why you think two innocents will die this round. I'm rather hoping we get one of the bad guys. Maybe you're not so convinced I'm evil? Then you kind of ramble, and to be honest I'm just too tired to read to it all. Circular logic just bores me.

Circular logic bores me too, but odds are we're not going to nab any terrorists this round, especially after we killed our own IA. digs mrxak in the ribs

Templar98921 has been trying to appear active while not at all, and avoiding offense to anybody. He's obviously a heck of a lot more suspicious than you or me. Let's just vote for him, mmkay?

Quite, we're not going to get anywhere with this today. Let's continue going after each others' throats next round. What do you say?

@jacabyte, on Sep 1 2008, 02:15 PM, said in GTW Game 30:

Circular logic bores me too, but odds are we're not going to nab any terrorists this round, especially after we killed our own IA. digs mrxak in the ribs

Quite, we're not going to get anywhere with this today. Let's continue going after each others' throats next round. What do you say?

Only one vote matters, and it's the one at the end of the round. I didn't kill SoItBegins.

I'd be happy to continue this next round if we both survive.

I never said you killed him.

That shall be the subject of next round's heated debate.

Unless I'm mistaken, there's about 11 hours left?

Templar98921: (3)
Rebelious
mrxak
JacaByte

Rebelious: (1)
Templar98921

mrxak: (1)
kickme

No Vote: (4)
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
orcaloverbri9
Shlimazel

Huh.

It's unlikely I'll survive this round, so here goes:

darth_vader- A massive 3 posts, one of which was suggesting that joke votes are not bolded. No posts this round. Massive Lurking. Round 1 vote was for Rebelious on a vague bandwagoning hint. Suspect Behavior.

Eugene Chin- Round one, voted for me. This round no vote as yet. Comments on everything. Insightful, yet non-committal.

orcaloverbri9- Behaved exactly like me last round i.e. Voted and then retracted. Two posts so far. Very Suspicious. Serious Lurking.

Shlimazel- 1 post, pulling out of this game.

kickme- One post, implicating mrxak for SoItBegins's death. Lurking.Suspect Behavior.

Rebelious- First round voted for SoItBegins. Accused him of excess aggressiveness, despite none being apparent. No-one has backed him up. Second round accused me of lurking despite other candidates, even more guilty at that stage (kickme, Shlimazel).Suspect Behavior.

mrxak- Shows clear links with Rebelious. Votes on similar patterns (SoItBegins (then withdrawn), then me). Argued with JacaByte for nearly a round, then caused him to agree. Teamwork with JacaByte?Suspect Behavior.

JacaByte- Voted for jrsh92, then SoItBegins, because he suspects that mrxak would be more careful if he was a terrorist, then argues with him. Contradictions and possible teamwork.Suspect Behavior.

I need to go, but I'll edit this and put up my conclusions later.

Thanks for calling attention to darth_vader.

Eugene Chin has been more cautious lately, although so far I haven't seen his telltale signs of evil. I believe he's innocent this game.

Thanks for calling attention to orcaloverbri9. He's pretty new though to the game, so I can't read him well yet.

kickme has been suspicious, I agree. I said so last round and voted for him early this round.

Rebelious I'm starting to wonder if he's in cahoots with you, Templar98921. If you turn out to be guilty as I think you are, I believe I'll probably vote for Rebelious next round.

I'm not sure what my link to Rebelious is. Maybe you can clarify?

JacaByte I'm watching carefully, but for the time being I don't think he's evil, despite his insistence that I do :p.

By the way, kudos on accusing everybody. I hope you realize that it reflects poorly on you if you don't make any attempt to narrow down the list. It just seems like you're trying to cause chaos.

Possibly you missed the it down the bottom saying I'd post conclusions?

My point about you and Rebelious's teamwork was that you have similar voting patterns. I can accept that it was random, or that you both think I look guilty, as it just struck me, thats all. You and Jacabyte are a far more suspicious pair. If you think that Rebelious and I are a team, then you must realize that it looks like you and Jacabyte doing the same thing.

Anyhows, my conclusions are thus:
darth_vader, kickme and orcaloverbri9 are lurking. It may be just poor turning up skills, or it may be something serious. I stand by my opinion that lurking isn't an effect of being evil.

Rebelious is looking more innocent, despite his insistence that SoItBegins was too aggressive. Interestingly, if we assume he's right, a lack of support of this claim by you and Jacabyte might be a deliberate attempt to cause me to lock on to him, despite his protests and my imminent demise. You would then have the majority of active players and could crush resistance.

Or he could be lying, in which case he is doing it poorly. You haven't denounced his claim though, which makes me worried. My main gripe with him is his voting for little reason, but terrorists come up with serious reasons to allay suspicion. Rebelious is probably innocent, he's just showing suspicious behavior.

JacaByte is a confusing player. He votes for jrsh92 by playing on the, not unreasonable, claim of abstaining isn't helpful. He then changes to SoItBegins, apparantly because you looked more innocent , despite mrxak not really being involved in the race by then. He then argues with you for the next part of the round, and finally ends up ganging up on me with you.

So to wrap it up:
Lurkers: darth_vader, kickme, orcaloverbri9
Aggravating and Suspicious behavior:mrxak, Jacabyte and Rebelious
Teamwork: Rebelious and mrxak, mrxak and Jacabyte

As the only person to appear on that list more then twice, I am changing my vote to mrxak.

Yes, my mind is always like this.

EDIT: Oops, I missed the token vote for you by JacaByte. I call it token because it had no effect, even on JacaByte's continued voting. It makes JacaByte less suspicious, although it could be a ruse.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 02 September 2008 - 03:03 AM

I agree it's going to look pretty bad for me if JacaByte ends up getting killed next round or something and he's a bad guy. We definitely have that whole fighting thing going on.

I'm interested to see that after I mentioned you and Rebelious could be in cahoots with your whole back-and-forth thing, you're suddenly saying he seems innocent to you now. Trying to save him in the next round?

You keep talking about how SoItBegins wasn't acting aggressive, but he himself said that he was acting more aggressive than usual. I see no reason to condemn Rebelious for making a claim that SoItBegins himself backed up.

SoItBegins said:

I have recently been studying old GTW games in an attempt to improve my play style. As a side effect of this, I have started acting more aggressively across the board, and will most likely continue to do so.

Besides, since when was I appointed as the official condemner? I'm sure there's lots of other people who haven't condemned Rebelious. Why don't you try voting for them? Oh wait, your vote for me was purely one of self-defense, and now you're just making ridiculous claims to try to convince somebody else to tie the game up.

I've long noticed that JacaByte changes his mind relatively often. His behavior isn't all that new this game.

Anyway, this round is probably over very soon, if it isn't already by the time I finished typing this. It seems we'll know the truth about Templar98921 soon enough.

Round 2 is over. Stand by.

darth_vader -
Eugene Chin -
JacaByte - Templar98921
kickme - mrxak
mrxak - Templar98921
orcaloverbri9 -
Rebelious - Templar98921
Templar98921 - mrxak
Shlimazel - left game(?)

Again, two guards march in and take a delegate away. This time their victim is Templar98921.
"Hey, wait!" Eugene Chin yells. "Where's RJC Ultra?"
"He wants to interrogate Templar by himself," one of the guards explains. "He'll drop by when he's finished."
Half an hour later RJC Ultra walks into the room.
"Greetings, delegates," he says, "I've got good news and bad news. The good news is we've finally found jrsh92. It appears the poor bastard was buried alive by the terrorists at a cemetery nearby. Unfortunaly his decomposing body couldn't tell us who attacked him, but we do know he was completely innocent. The bad news has, of course, everything to do with Templar98921 being innocent as well. But don't worry! The terrorists haven't won yet! You just have to kill one of them next day, and it'll be allright. I hope. Anyway, I'll be back at the end of the next day again."
RJC Ultra walks back to the door, but suddenly stops as if he sees something scary.
"Well," he begins, "I assume nobody saw who did that?"
The delegates all looked up from their desks to see kickme lying in a corner with a knife in his back.
"I know it already," RJC continues before anyone can answer him, "The terrorists. They nuked his country two hours ago, and he was innocent as well. Delegates, for the third time, good luck!"

Templar98921 was lynched, kickme was killed by the terrorists. Both were innocent.

Player list:

darth_vader
Eugene Chin
JacaByte
mrxak
orcaloverbri9
Rebelious

Round three ends at 5:00 PM UTC, on Thursday.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 02 September 2008 - 11:21 AM