xander's Global Thermonuclear War

This has been a confusing round so far. I'll throw in against GutlessWonder , because if it comes down to a tie I'd like to take him with me.

Edit: bolded

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 09 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Changing my vote to templar98921 unretracted want to stay alive Just realized it doesn't make a difference since eugene has the the breaker power. So going back to manta retracted. lets see what happens

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 09 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

@darth_vader, on May 9 2008, 02:28 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

This has been a confusing round so far. I'll throw in against GutlessWonder, because if it comes down to a tie I'd like to take him with me.

I belive you forgot to bold your vote . Don't know why I'm being helpful you not voting is the only way I might be able to survive

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 09 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

@hypochondriac, on May 9 2008, 01:40 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

I belive you forgot to bold your vote . Don't know why I'm being helpful you not voting is the only way I might be able to survive

Thanks... bolded my vote. See above.

looks like I'm going to die goodbye cruel world.

My work here has been of use. You'll see that removing Hypochondriac is a worthy cause.

maybe I'll get a stay of execution. Bodyguard guy I'm looking at you 🙂

Hypochondriac is being ridiculous. Of course, in the only 2 games I've played I've been completely mad when I was about to die because I had nothing to lose form some good old-fashioned insanity, but he is being crazy.

@jrsh92, on May 9 2008, 05:27 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

Hypochondriac is being ridiculous. Of course, in the only 2 games I've played I've been completely mad when I was about to die because I had nothing to lose form some good old-fashioned insanity, but he is being crazy.

A sane person wouldn't call themselves a hypochondriac would they 🙂 I can still live all i need is for a kind person to vote for templar 🙂

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 09 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

Vote for the guy with two many numbers. He and LNSU are the traitors.

Seconded.

Thirded... It looks as if I was wrong about my reasoning with Gutless: there are people in this game who are behaving more suspiciously than him. Thanks to mrxak and SIB for pointing them out. While I'm afraid that I might get nailed for bandwagoning, I'm going to change my vote to Templar98921 because he's been voting off people with flimsy reasons.

That put's Templar at four to Hypo's three, then.
(Hypochondriac "Unretracted" his vote for Templar, so that's four).

Would hypochondriac be as emphatic about being saved if he was innocent? I don't think so. I wouldn't. He has something to lose, because if he didn't he wouldn't care as much about being voted out.

Also, an unrelated warning to everyone here: Don't get played by mrxak. Make up your own mind about who to vote for. Remember last round when DA (who was a cop) played us all against templar? I'm not saying mrxak is a terrorist, but we can't be sure of anything at this point.

Vote hypochondriac, and be rewarded. As far as templar goes, I wouldn't care if he is voted out, but I strongly believe hypochondriac is more likely to be a traitor than templar.

Edit: Where are you templar? I need you to check in to kill off hypochondriac for me.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 09 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

@lnsu, on May 9 2008, 07:02 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

Would hypochondriac be as emphatic about being saved if he was innocent? I don't think so. I wouldn't. He has something to lose, because if he didn't he wouldn't care as much about being voted out.

Also, an unrelated warning to everyone here: Don't get played by mrxak. Make up your own mind about who to vote for. Remember last round when DA (who was a cop) played us all against templar? I'm not saying mrxak is a terrorist, but we can't be sure of anything at this point.

Vote hypochondriac, and be rewarded. As far as templar goes, I wouldn't care if he is voted out, but I strongly believe hypochondriac is more likely to be a traitor than templar.

Edit: Where are you templar? I need you to check in to kill off hypochondriac for me.

in most games played people defended themselves it's more fun that way. otherwise you have a boring game in which people just vote and thats it. no debate or anything I don't want a game like that

Hypocondriac

This is ridiculous. Two out of two games, this has happened. I've been wandering around, being innocent, then the fist of the terrorists has fallen upon me. Am I just good? Does mrxak just hate me?(He tricked me last round too) Or am I just unlucky?

Either way, I feel, rightly in my mind, persecuted and that once again I need to save myself from oblivion.

I'd also like to point out I always act suspicious and that you really don't have much in the way of evidence. There are other people who bandwagoned, now SIB and JacaByte can be included in this (Hypo is trying to save his own skin) and for less reason then my vote against prophile. Wasn't mrxak's original complaint that I had too many numbers in m name? How does that make me suspicious?

prophile, I'm sorry. Please allow forgiveness, but vote for people with more reason next time.

EDIT: Spelt 'complaint' correctly.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 09 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

darn I was hoping the round would end and I get to stay alive guess not. Can't falt templar he's having his skin like I tried. Ah well

I don't carry grudges between games, but I still do learn and think about tactics between games. I voted for SIB at the beginning of the first round to try to paint the target of "safe for terrorists to vote for in game". I knew that SIB would likely be the first to vote against me in self defense. I had already decided to go after the second person (unless it was SIB, and if that was the case the third person) who voted for me. I did this insane tactic because I believe that it was a good one time attempt by me to draw out a terrorist. When I do play a terrorist in the first round I look for an easy target who already has a vote against him to vote for.
The second person to vote for me was Hypochondriac (bolded in previous post) and I had already decided to go after him. I believe that Hypochondriac is a terrorist who fell for my trap and is now being overly defensive as a way to save his own neck. I'm writing this post as a way to encourage anyone who has yet to vote or anyone who wishes to change a vote to vote for Hypochondriac and prevent him from slipping the noose again.

Vote moved from Manta to Hypochondriac.
The evidence against Hypochondriac is quite significant. Between the clever second vote trap that he did indeed fall for, wildly defensive behavior that shows a much greater concern for his own life than an innocent would, and the fact that his general actions remind me vaguely of other games where he has played terrorists (though I wouldn't go on this alone) make me think that he is probably a much better choice to kill off than Templar at this point. I'm not choosing to kill Hypo with this vote, I'm choosing to save Templar. Will I regret killing Hypochondriac? Unlikely, I think the odds of him being a terrorist are greater than the odds of him not being a terrorist at this point but really the purpose of this vote is to make sure that Templar doesn't end up dead at the end of this round, especially when a target at least worth of SOME suspicion like Hypo could go instead.

I am sorry for the delay. It has been a very long and tiring day, and I haven't really been in front of a computer at all. At any rate, the tally is as follows:

Candidate:		Votes:  Voted for By:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hypochondriac		   5	   LNSU, Templar98921, Eugene Chin, Manta, jrsh92
Templar98921			4	   Hypochondriac, JacaByte, SoItBegins, mrxak
darth_vader			 2	   GutlessWonder, prophile
GutlessWonder		   1	   darth_vader
Mackilroy			   1	   Mackilroy

_"It seems that Hypochondriac is needed for questioning. Please, take him away."

With that, Hypochondriac is taken into custody, never to be seen again._

Traitors and specials, please PM me. Hypochondriac, you have until the next round to make any last remarks. I am going to bed now.

xander