Ares Ship and Species Poll

favorite ship: Salrilian carrier. Huge and elegant (instead of huge and ugly like the Cantharan carrier). Powerful (as opposed to the helpless Gaitori carrier)

favorite species: the race that builds my favorite ship

Cotton Moose, the Sal gunship's weapon has a damage of only 100, and the and a range of 520. Not quite the range or damage of a missle, but an excellent weapon nonetheless. Also, it takes VERY little energy to restock it.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!

The Cantharan carrier isn't huge. I think it's the smallest carrier there is. And it is very beutifully designed, too, like all Cantharan ships. Plenty of maneuverability.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Originally posted by Taeskor Cicion:
**The Cantharan carrier isn't huge. I think it's the smallest carrier there is. And it is very beutifully designed, too, like all Cantharan ships. Plenty of maneuverability.

I apologize if my remark offended anyone. (Now we all know the real reason behind the Cantharan invasion of Earth: A Human insulted the design of the Cantharan carrier.)

You're correct in that the Cantharan carrier is the smallest carrier (Do I need new glasses again?) although I was thinking about carriers in general vs. gunboats. Since you are comparing carriers to carriers, the Cantharan carrier is the most maneuverable of them all.

As for your statement about the beauty of Cantharan ships in general, all I can say is that the Greeks have a saying: Personal tastes are not subject to debate. I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one.

My favorate race is the Humans i mean come on they got invaded and conqured but still managed to beat an interstellar civilization thousands of years older than them. favorate ship the human gunboat manuverable powerful and if pioloted with finesse and patience can beat any ship in the game.

------------------
"Learn about art captian,
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
at the fist battle of his
campaign.

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 06-26-2000).)

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**My favorate race is the Humans i mean come on they got invaded and conqured but still managed to beat an interstellar civilization thousands of years older than them. favorate ship the human gunboat manuverable powerful and if pioloted with finesse and patience can beat any ship in the game.

With a substancial amount of help.....

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Even though i ahve not palyed every ship in the game i have to say that the ishman heavy cruiser is my favorite i ahve every single ship with that(cept fot that dang sal carrier or waht ever it is whit that bean thingy).

------------------
"Blast it, Rukh, Waht do
you think your doing?"

"I'm doing my job"

As for the race, I'd have to go with UNS.

For the ship, well, everybody knows the Elejeetian Cruiser is the best, but I prefer the Ishiman Heavy Cruiser.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

I would probably go for the Grolk and Gatori, and the Ishiman HVD.

------------------

For my favorite race i would have to say sals. There pretty cool scince even there transports can cloak. Ive used that many times to win games. But for my favorite ship i would have to say there is a tie between the Ejeetian (i know i spelled it wrong so deal with it) cruiser. And the Badinese(i know i spelled it wrong so deal with it) battleship.

---------------------------
(Excert from a sq'ta merchant selling the exlir of vitality)

"Eternal life or your money back!"
Sq'ta Merchant (desceased)

------------------

My favorite ship is the modified Ishiman Heavy Crusier.

doplo