GTW Game 16

Innocents and nfreader win!

_"Gentlemen, I think you will find in your briefing reports that terrorists just destroyed Mackilroy City," mrxak began. He had called an emergency security council session to discuss the latest attack. Standing at the podium in front of the Big Board, he was a redoubtable figure, and all wondered to themselves if it was really a good idea to have the world's worst madman dictator in history to run the council. Still, at least his position had no vote in what was to come. "The terrorists who perpetrated this hilarious act are among you even now, pathetic fools. Vote to destroy them, so that there may be more precious oxygen for us all!"

mrxak put his oxygen mask over his face and they could not hear what he said next, but they could tell he was laughing after he said it. Then, mrxak pressed a button on his podium and the Big Board lit up with a map of the world. Beside it lay a list of the security council members and their votes. Ten names glowed with pale white light. They were:

_darth_vader
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
JacaByte
kickme
Manta
nfreader
prophile
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins
_

"Begin!" mrxak screamed at the top of his lungs, the mask now nowhere evident. "Fight for my amusement or I shall kill you myself!"

mrxak fired his gold-plated Desert Eagle into the air, and the security council quickly got to their debate._

Round One begins now. I will reveal only certain roles on death. Yes, one of those roles will be the terrorists. The rest will be a surprise.

Everyone should have received a PM. If you didn't, let me know and I'll send you yours. The round will end in 48.75 hours from the time on this post. For the East Coast USA folks, that's 6 PM.

Too bad you can't make the first vote. 😛

Alright, to accommodate nfreader I made a couple changes. If you got an email updating your information, that's why.

<checks for traps>

<rolls 1>

Okay, I don't see anything wrong. I think it's perfectly safe to conduct the debate right here.

We're running against a clock here, we need to pick somebody to wipe off the board before the 48.75 hours are up. Personally, I'm leaning towards nfreader due to his manic behavior in the past, but I'd like a little more information before time's up.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 11 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

All right! Let's spin the **SoItBegins Random Roulette Wheel of Life, Death, and Being Absolutely Crazy!
And the winner is...

darth_vader!!

After lengthy deliberation, I'm going to call on nfreader.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 11 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

I have decided to sit in the corner and cry like a little girl in the vain hope that the terrorists don't get me.

For now. Fufufufufu...

I will, until I can deduce who is a terrorist, vote no lynch ( retracted ).

This post has been edited by Manta : 12 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

No lynch votes will be considered abstentions, a plurality of no lynch votes will simply be ignored in the tally.

JacaByte. Why do you bandwagon so?

What bandwagon? All I know is that Darth Vader is always picked upon, so I think it's unlikely he's going to be a terrorist, and you once staged a military coup that eliminated all the leaders of the world with one deft strike. Guess who I'm voting for?

You have about 24 hours left to vote. I would have hoped for more activity by now.

@mrxak, on Jan 12 2008, 10:36 PM, said in GTW Game 16:

You have about 24 hours left to vote. I would have hoped for more activity by now.

Some days, things just go slowly.

And, no, I have not vote yet.

I've decided to change my vote to Darth Vader ( retracted )on a hunch. He has been laying suspiciously low even though he has been accused.

This post has been edited by Manta : 13 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

_The Big Board currently reads:

darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin -
JacaByte - nfreader
kickme -
Manta - darth_vader
nfreader - JacaByte
prophile -
RJC Ultra -
SoItBegins - darth_vader_

In 19 hours, the round ends. If nobody else votes, darth_vader will die.

12 hours to go.

Manta's vote doesn't jive well with his earlier statement about waiting until he could deduce who was a terrorist.

He focuses on darth's absence, and his lack of response to SIB's accusation.

Absence:
Yes, darth has been missing so far. So have kickme and prophile; RJC Ultra's only interaction here was a single, non-voting post early in the topic. Absence is not evidence.
(This is not an excuse to go targeting kickme, prophile or RJC Ultra.)

Non-Response:
Manta also mentions that darth does not defend himself against SIB's accusation.
A self-admittedly random accusation, against a player who might simply have not been present to defend himself.

There is a difference between SoItBegins's random votes in recent GTW Games, and Mispeled's random votes from GTW Games of yore.

Mispeled would cast a random vote so as to encourage first-round debates. More than once, he changed or retracted a random vote.

SoItBegins, however, treats his random votes as a substitution for first-round debate. Once cast, he will latch on to a victim like a rabid pit-bull, and refuse to let go. What could darth_vader do against something like that? Vote against SIB in turn? An option that only serves as a distraction from finding the terrorists (A).

So.

Right now, I'm going to vote Manta. Delayed

However, if the two votes against darth are still the shape of the majority vote later, then I'll change my vote to nfreader to cause a deadlock.

(A) PS: Speaking of distractions from finding terrorists: Team 1.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

As much as I'm worried about the terrorist threat, death to Team 1!

Eugene Chin.

OK, OK, here I am. My weekend has been filled with teenage angst, but it's over now. I'm going to vote for Manta, since he voted for me for "laying low" while ignoring several others doing the same thing (suspicious because I already had one vote, could be trying to start a bandwagon?), and because I can't find a compelling reason to vote against anyone else.