Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight

If Chewbacca is a wookiee, nuke Wales.

On second thought, 1Eevee1 is a scumbag.

@eugene-chin, on Oct 9 2007, 08:27 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

This is what we call the Chewbacca Defense.

And if it worked for Chewbacca, it should damn well work for me.

Even though I'm stuffed, I'm still voting for darth_vader.

EDIT - And I know that that line will probably make it into somebody's sig as a famous last word.

This post has been edited by 1Eevee1 : 08 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

rebelswin, please vote. The round will end around probably 11 Central Time tonight after I get home from class, unless the school network lets me in, in which case it will end around 9 Central Time (that's 7 PM West Coast and 10 PM East Coast, or 3 AM for England).

Mack, is there really any point? It's obvious that I'll be facing splattery death. Pity bout the innocents, but 'eh. That's what happens with rash accusations.

@1eevee1, on Oct 9 2007, 02:27 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Mack, is there really any point? It's obvious that I'll be facing splattery death. Pity bout the innocents, but 'eh. That's what happens with rash accusations.

I'd like to point out that it was your own rash accusation, if nothing else, that's leading to your death. I vote against 1Eevee1. (And I just know that my belated vote is going to be brought against me at some point, so let me just say now that it's been a busy weekend, and a vote is better than no vote at all or a poor vote with zero justification.)

By my count, that's 6 to 3, 1Eevee1 to darth_vader.

Final vote:

1Eevee1 : 6

darth_vader : 3

With the vote going well in favor of 1Eevee1 being the target, his country is nuked and he is brought before a panel of NATO and UN judges. Before he has the opportunity to say anything a sniper's bullet kills him. Guards searching for the assassin after the attack discover an old Enfield scoped rifle. Puzzled at the use of such an odd weapon, they are sent to find prophile , but once they get to his office they find that he too is dead, this time of a dagger to the heart. A few minutes later, American satellites watch as England is destroyed with nuclear fire.

Premiere Mack calls everyone into session. "People, we must find whoever has perpetrated this attack. We have no proof of either the guilt or innocence of either 1Eevee1 or prophile, and we don't know if we got a dictator with the last attack. We MUST succeed."

Don't forget: obvious isn't.

Told ya that darth_vader would get me. And as I'm dead, that's all I have to say.

@1eevee1, on Oct 9 2007, 08:17 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Told ya that darth_vader would get me. And as I'm dead, that's all I have to say.

I'm pretty sure you didn't, in fact, specifically accuse me of wanting to kill you. You merely stated that you "had reasons" to suspect me, and then never elucidated them. As far as I'm concerned, it was you who tried to get me, and failed, due to your suspicious actions.

I vote for nfreader. My reasons have not changed since last round, although more proof of his guilt has come up since. I very much believe that 1Eevee1 was a terrorist, and nfreader only voted for him when there were already 4 votes against him. He is a notorious lurker and has been a bad guy a large percentage of the time. I am confident that my initial instinct was correct. Nationality has a bearing in this game, and two nations that I predicted based on nationality have behaved in ways that indicate terrorist activity. 1Eevee1 ignored my initial implication of him, which was the only reasonable thing to do for a guilty party, and immediately tried to get somebody random voted off with no justification. nfreader as a terrorist, it has been my experience, kills somebody fairly randomly at night. He doesn't usually need to make strategic choices since people never seem to suspect him. Killing me would have been too obvious, he did that the first night the last time he was a terrorist, and so far I've been the only one to accuse him. nfreader isn't stupid, but I think during the last vote we caught him a little scared. He's hoping that by voting for 1Eevee1 he stays on the winning side, killing prophile perhaps so that darth_vader may be framed, and then staying quiet as he always does.

5 of you obviously agree with me that 1Eevee1 behaved like a terrorist. If you still believe that, think about nfreader's relation to him, and what Mackilroy has said to begin with.

There is no doubt in my mind that nfreader is a terrorist, and I am fairly confident that if we vote him off now, this game will end with that vote.

Urk.

@mrxak, on Oct 9 2007, 11:32 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

(Well thought-out arguments)

Please mrxak, you accused me of being a terrorist before the first vote. You didn't die. Clearly, if I was a terrorist, I would have killed you for calling me out. Therefore, I am NOT a terrorist because you're still alive. prophile is dead. I bet the surviving terrorist is trying to throw us of.

In fact, the more I think about, the more suspicious this whole matter appears to be. I suspect that darth_vader and 1Eevee1 had a... disagreement about who to kill. Terrorists do so love the infighting amongst themselves.

@nfreader, on Oct 10 2007, 04:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Please mrxak, you accused me of being a terrorist before the first vote. You didn't die. Clearly, if I was a terrorist, I would have killed you for calling me out. Therefore, I am NOT a terrorist because you're still alive. prophile is dead. I bet the surviving terrorist is trying to throw us of.

In fact, the more I think about, the more suspicious this whole matter appears to be. I suspect that darth_vader and 1Eevee1 had a... disagreement about who to kill. Terrorists do so love the infighting amongst themselves.

It wouldn't make sense to kill someone who accused you in an immediately previous round. Doing so would make you look suspicious. It makes more sense to kill off someone a bit more randomly, so as not to draw attention to oneself. Also, you make mention of "the surviving terrorist," but we don't know for certain that we got one last round, why do you seem so confident that there is only one remaining?

I also don't believe that it makes sense that darth_vader and 1Eevee1 were terrorists. Since I think only one of them was a terrorist, and since I think we got the one that is a terrorist, I am especially suspicious of your casting aspersions on darth_vader.

So, nfreader , how do you respond to my accusations?

@nfreader, on Oct 10 2007, 09:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

... Than makes no d--n sense.

If the enemy keeps killing everybody who point's a finger at him, eventually the rest of the players will catch on.

If mrxak had died instead of prophile, you, nfreader, would have been the first everybody looked at.

And Again with this idea of the terrorists icin' each other In The First Round. I don't buy that.

For that matter, What Makes darth Such An Appealing Target?

@nfreader, on Oct 10 2007, 04:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Eugene Chin is right, and I know terrorists rarely kill each other in the first round. I wonder why nfreader is trying to bring that up though; the fact that he voted for 1Eevee1 seems to suggest that the two were not affiliated. In fairness, he did this when it was a near certainty that 1Eevee1 would be nuked anyway, so I have my suspicions that if 1Eevee1 and nfreader afre the terrorists, nfreader voted against 1Eevee1 to minimize suspicion of himself. Though I have to wonder why he is voting for me. I thought that last round made it pretty clear I was innocent, and immediatly attacking 1Eevee1's old target is hardly the way to make yourself look innocent. (And yes, it's possible that 1Eevee1 was not a terrorist, but since everyone, including myself, is pretty sure that he was, it makes little difference this round.)

In light of 1Eevee1's suspicious death and mrxak's initial accusations, nfreader is looking pretty suspicions, but I want to withhold my vote until some other people have posted. I'm still afraid I don't understand the situation well enough.

Canada does not trust China, and while we do not wish to trust Indonesia, we trust them more than the Chinese. darth_vader , our vote is for you.

As I said in the post you snip-quoted, had you killed me in the first round, it would be obvious to everybody that I was dead. By voting again for darth_vader, I can only assume that you still think he's the intelligence agent.

@darth_vader, on Oct 10 2007, 05:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Eugene Chin is right, and I know terrorists rarely kill each other in the first round. I wonder why nfreader is trying to bring that up though; the fact that he voted for 1Eevee1 seems to suggest that the two were not affiliated. In fairness, he did this when it was a near certainty that 1Eevee1 would be nuked anyway, so I have my suspicions that if 1Eevee1 and nfreader afre the terrorists, nfreader voted against 1Eevee1 to minimize suspicion of himself. Though I have to wonder why he is voting for me. I thought that last round made it pretty clear I was innocent, and immediatly attacking 1Eevee1's old target is hardly the way to make yourself look innocent. (And yes, it's possible that 1Eevee1 was not a terrorist, but since everyone, including myself, is pretty sure that he was, it makes little difference this round.)

In light of 1Eevee1's suspicious death and mrxak's initial accusations, nfreader is looking pretty suspicions, but I want to withhold my vote until some other people have posted. I'm still afraid I don't understand the situation well enough.

The reason he keeps voting for you, I think, is the reason you said at the beginning for why 1Eevee1 voted for you. You were one of the people I listed as possible intelligence agent (sorry! :p), and the perhaps the easiest target of the bunch.

@gutlesswonder, on Oct 10 2007, 06:56 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Canada does not trust China, and while we do not wish to trust Indonesia, we trust them more than the Chinese. darth_vader , our vote is for you.

I wish you'd give a better reason than that. Right now, if we vote off nfreader (I hope, since he's completely guilty) and the game doesn't end there, you're probably going to die next. If 1Eevee1 wasn't guilty but nfreader is, then it looks very much like you and nfreader just jumped on him to stay in the blameless minority. I won't accuse you now, because you're probably just misguided and we know that nfreader is guilty for sure so we should get rid of him before doing anything, but I'd still rather you gave a more legitimate reason for voting against darth_vader.

Roughly twenty four hours until this round is over, folks. Make sure to vote. And don't forget – obvious isn't.

I've voiced my thoughts before, so I feel little need to repeat them here.

Vote: nfreader.