GTW Game 2

It's gonna be close nfreader, man, I'll love you forever if you don't vote to nuke me.

What rhymes with dictator?
Mackilroy.

I must say, that is a very clever rise there, masquerading as an intelligence agent despite the fact that your REAL occupation that of an evil dictator. Bravo kind sir. Bravo indeed.

And that's another tie.

Okay, same deal people. Revote, either Mackilroy or Artanis. Mackilroy and Artanis don't need to vote.

Artanis

Down with the evil dictator! You know you want to. He's a shifty fellow, keeping a relatively low-profile, but I think we can all agree that he needs to go.

How can one be faulted for keeping a low profile in this situation, where any undue attention could result in being duly obliterated by your fellows?
I have the lives and well-being of my citizens, not to mention that of myself and my family, to protect.

Artanis

@artanis, on Jul 20 2007, 12:47 PM, said in GTW Game 2:

How can one be faulted for keeping a low profile in this situation, where any undue attention could result in being duly obliterated by your fellows?
I have the lives and well-being of my citizens, not to mention that of myself and my family, to protect.

You also have the lives of everyone on earth to protect, which is precisely why you must speak-out. Do you fear for yourself so much that you would hide behind this cowardice while the rest of the world becomes enslaved? Or do you perhaps have something to gain from such an arrangement...?

As I watch the televisions, the news reports throughout my great country show nothing but demonstration after demonstration, my valiant citizens burning in effigy Mackilroy.

I must once again vote for Artanis.

Keeping a low profile only works if you are partisans or terrorists. In this day and age, with uncertainty around, we must step forward and be ever vigilant with our musketeers guarding our borders.

@rebelswin_85, on Jul 20 2007, 01:45 PM, said in GTW Game 2:

You also have the lives of everyone on earth to protect, which is precisely why you must speak-out. Do you fear for yourself so much that you would hide behind this cowardice while the rest of the world becomes enslaved? Or do you perhaps have something to gain from such an arrangement...?

The entire world to protect? And yet you persist in condemning innocent nation after innocent nation to the searing light of a thousand suns.

This body is a group of sheep in wolves clothes, and the wolves will feast, for the sheep will destroy themselves in fear. Protecting the world in this situation is an almost untenable position, I can only argue against destroying the only country I know the identity of. Mine.
This is what we all have been doing from the start, making sure the only thing we can protect is protected from this body's misguided actions.

But very well. If you wish this path, I shall argue against nuking anyone from here on out. For that option only will prevent this body from destroying more innocents.

Waiting on nfreader and 1Eevee1. If the vote is decided before I get back, the evil dictators and intelligence agent should contact me on their own and when I do get back, I can tell you all what's going on.

Mackilroy

Oh, I see how it is now, Eevee. I thought we had an agreement, and you were supposed to be voting against me was a method of distancing ourselves. But I see now that you want the world to yourself, so you're going to just off me. Well, that isn't happening. Not if I can help it.

Your destruction is assured. It won't be today, but it is assured.

It is decided, and Artanis is found guilty of being an evil dictator. His nation is immediately nuked and he is taken away for questioning. Under questioning he admits that he was supplying the bunny rabbits with nuclear weapons, but before he can reveal his accomplice to interrogators a cute little bunny hops in and shoots an adorable tiny blowpipe at Artanis and kills him with a poison dart. Simultaneously, Mackilroy is also assassinated by poison dart and all of his cities erupt into mushroom clouds. Mackilroy's last words are inaudible, but in his hand he clutches an encrypted message. Not much detail can be decoded, but it appears that Mackilroy was working as an intelligence agent and was coming close to finding out the identity of the second evil dictator. Regrettably, his work will now never be completed.

One evil dictator remains, as do four innocents. Let the finger pointing begin.

Alas, poor Mackilroy, we knew him, Horatio

After playing Uplink constantly for 48 hours, my ICT adviser successfully hacked into Mackilroy's mainframe and retrieved a name, yet was unable to confirm the result of the investigation carried out on the nation. Thus I have been advised to vote for nfreader. However, when trying to hack into the mainframe of other nations, my SS tracked him down and executed him for high treason. Now I need another ICT adviser

Well, we got one.

My next vote shall be for...

nfreader as well.

Stay strong, we have nearly reached the end of this madness.

Chaos reigns in the streets today, as people see what their blood-thirst has wrought. My economy is in recession, and my advisors are tendering their resignations left and right if only so I can't scapegoat them for suggesting Mackilroy in the first place. Public opinion is fractured, and everyone is even looking at their neighbors suspiciously.

Far be it for me to simply ride the popular tide of my fellow leaders. I must offer up 1Eevee1 for consideration.

kickme: Destroying me will do nothing to end this madness. I, along with my countrymen urge you to reconsider your vote. We are a peaceful people who wish no harm on anyone, be they gutless, eevee, xander, mack or prophileian.

That said, 1eevee1 is a threat that must be stopped here and now.

Just waiting for rebelswin_85 now.