Global Thermonuclear War

Like I said, I have no intention of nuking nfreader nor rebelswin_85, just you and mrxak.

@prophile, on Jul 10 2007, 03:44 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Like I said, I have no intention of nuking nfreader nor rebelswin_85 (yet), just you and mrxak.

Fixed.

Votes will be tabulated in 5 hours. rebelswin_85, if you wish to vote, please do so before 6:00 PM PDT.

xander

Well, my vote doesn't seem like it can affect things much. Most everyone seems like an equally likely suspect. I will stand by my earlier statement, however, and vote against mrxak.

Let it be written, let it be done.

The votes shall be tabulated in 1.5 hours. If you desire to change your vote in that time, please do so as quickly as possible.

xander

I have no need to change my vote, since everybody knows that prophile is the evil dictator.

@mrxak, on Jul 10 2007, 04:37 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I have no need to change my vote, since everybody knows that prophile is the evil dictator.

Actually, thanks to your killing the intelligence agent, no one knows anything, and slightly less than half of us think you are an evil dictator. You only further validate my suspicions.

By a narrow majority, the UN Security Council has voted to obliterate prophile and his people. Within minutes of the vote, prophile is arrested, attempting to flee the Security Council on the back of a small goat, dressed as a woman in a burka. Within hours, a war crimes tribunal is convened. Days later, prophile is executed, and the super powers of the world train their massive nuclear arsenal upon his homeland. Casualties reach into the millions. The world goes back to an uneasy peace.

This peace is shattered several days later, when the nation of Underscoria is rocked with nuclear explosions. Every major population center is destroyed. rebelswin_85 is killed in one of the explosions, while giving a speech on the curative wonders of rabbit risotto.

A video cassette from Earth First is found in a cave in New Mexico:

"People of Earth.

"The sniveling cowards of the UN have destroyed another of our enemies. Now, there is no one who can stand in our way! The day of reckoning has come. Long live the cute bunnies!

"Bwahahahahaha!"

-----

At this point, the end is a forgone conclusion -- there is only one UN member left who is not an Evil Dictator. However, if y'all want to play this to the end, I am willing.

xander

I vote we destroy mrxak now. Who knows what evil machinations he may be up to?

After the terrorist nuking of Underscoria, the United Nations meets for the last time. mrxak and nfreader march in, surrounded by their private guards. Out of spite, Mackilroy's once great nation is leveled.

mrxak, nfreader: you have won. Congratulations, you, the Evil Dictators, have won. Well played.

In case you were all wondering, Mispeled was, in fact, the Intelligence Agent.

xander

I would like to thank nfreader for being my partner in crime and J. Robert Oppenheimer for making this environmental crusade so bright, hot, and radioactive (just as the bunnies like it). So you know, Mackilroy was left to the end in the interests of moderator unity :).

I would also like to let you all know that I'd have played this pretty much the same whether I was an evil dictator or not, though being one gave me a little more control. So next time that I do the same thing don't assume I'm evil dictator again ;).

I do hope that darwinian runs this again sometime soon, and perhaps we can attract more players. Or if he'd like to play the game himself this time I'd probably be willing to run it.

Good game everyone. If we do play again, it might be fun to have a few more special roles. If we have the same number of players, maybe a protector-type instead of an investigator-type.

You silly bastards. I was totally convinced Mack was a dictator too.

Sorry, Mack.

@mispeled, on Jul 11 2007, 01:54 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Good game everyone. If we do play again, it might be fun to have a few more special roles. If we have the same number of players, maybe a protector-type instead of an investigator-type.

More special roles are always fun, but the don't work if you don't have enough players. My general construction strategy is this: start with a minimum of seven players -- two wolves (dictators) and one seer (intelligence agent). For every three or four additional players, add a wolf (wolves should make up somewhere between 25% and 30% of the population, if they are to have a chance), and another special role (special roles should be about 25% of the non-wolf players). So, if we get more people next time, there will be more special roles.

xander

We could replace intelligence agent with SDI. Same number of roles, just a little different what those roles actually are.

@prophile, on Jul 11 2007, 10:04 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

You silly bastards. I was totally convinced Mack was a dictator too.

Sorry, Mack.

I told you I wasn't a dictator. 😛

That was indeed fun. I'd like to see if we can get more people, too.

@mackilroy, on Jul 11 2007, 09:41 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I told you I wasn't a dictator. 😛

That was indeed fun. I'd like to see if we can get more people, too.

Indeed. More people is more gooderer.

xander

I'm game the next time this comes up

The TWG over on the IV forums has like 40 people.

@prophile, on Jul 12 2007, 04:40 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

The TWG over on the IV forums has like 40 people.

21 😛

xander