DEFCON Released!

###EMERGENCY MESSAGE FROM CENTRAL###
TO: ALL UNITS (FLASH PRIORITY)
FM: CENTCOM (122)
RE: FLASH - DEFCON 1 AUTHORIZED
----DECRYPTION KEY----
ALPHA MIKE BRAVO ROMEO OSCAR SIERRA INDIA ALPHA SILO WHISKEY ALPHA NOVEMBER NOVEMBER
----END DECRYPTION KEY----
PRINTING MESSAGE CLEARTEXT
######

1 RADAR CONFIRMS SIMULTANEOUS LAUNCHES FROM ROCHESTER NY (USA) AND CENTRAL LONDON
2 DEFCON 1 RULES OF ENGAGEMENT AUTHORIZED - ALL COMBAT RESTRICTIONS LIFTED
3 ALL COMMAND OFFICERS ARE HERBY ORDERED TO REPORT TO EMERGENCY COMMAND BUNKERS
4 ALL SILOS, NUCLEAR EQUIPPED SUBMARINES AND LONG RANGE BOMBERS ARE CLEARED FOR IMMEDIATE COMBAT

It's released!!!

Can't wait to get home from home and start the war!

Woohoo! It's open!

Posted Image

Ambrosia Software, in partnership with London maverick indie developer Introversion Software, announced today the launch of the Mac version of DEFCON. An online, competitive, multiplayer strategy game based around the theme of thermonuclear armageddon, DEFCON is sure to keep your strategic mind captivated.

Download DEFCON and play immediately with a free trial here:

http://www.AmbrosiaS...m/games/defcon/

"There exists an ever growing group of gamers who are converting to Apple and we want to make sure they enjoy playing all of our games," said Mark Morris, Introversion Software's Managing Director. "It's been great working with Ambrosia and I can't wait to see the reaction once everyone has started playing."

"Global thermonuclear war has never been this much fun," said Andrew Welch, Ambrosia Software's el Presidente. "It's macabre, but plotting for your friend's total annihilation is perfectly satisfying."

The game, inspired by the 1983 cult-classic film, WarGames, superbly evokes the tension, paranoia and suspicion surrounding the Cold War era. DEFCON was an instantaneous success, receiving an average of 85%+ in game reviews and scores of praise. PC Gamer UK described it as 'pure, deep, utterly unconscionable fun', while IGN awarded DEFCON an Editors Choice Award and praised it as 'highly impressive'.

DEFCON is immediately available online from Ambrosia Software's website - http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com at a price of $25.00. Download your copy, and start experiencing DEFCON immediately with a free trial.

woot woot!

Yay! Time to go get blown up a few times!

Edwards

Can't wait to get home and try it. Looks fun.

I love introversion's style, and Ambrosia for porting it. Looks like great fun, can barely wait to try it out now that I've downloaded the demo.

Great!

I love Darwinia and hope this is as good.

Question: what is the difference between Demo and Full Version?

In the demo you can only have two opponents in a 'single player' game, and online you can only play against one other person, I believe. Also, the alternate modes are not available.

@atze, on Apr 20 2007, 03:04 PM, said in DEFCON Released!:

Great!

I love Darwinia and hope this is as good.

Question: what is the difference between Demo and Full Version?

Mack is entirely correct. For more details about the differences between the demo and full version of the game, and for descriptions of the bits that you are missing, I would suggest you read Montyphy's Unofficial DEFCON FAQ, which is linked from the Hotline topic, stickied at the top of this forum.

xander