Multiplayer Revival

Anyone up for a game or two?

Anyone up for a few multiplayer games after Christmas? I'd love to see a bit more activity on the multiplayer boards, but I know that we're all rather busy at this time of year (not to mention out of practice! :D) If anyone's interested, let me know. 😉

Well, I'll try and show up, but things are crazy over here. I'm not sure I'll have time.

That'd be fun. What time(s) are you guys going to be available?

-K

Definitely interested. Just let me know a time. (For Kasofa or DarthKev, any time after 10 p.m. MST is fine for me. As for you, UK Silver, lemme know what time would work best for you and I'll see what I can do.)
I'll check back here daily for a while then to see who's posted.

I'm not sure when I'll be available. My schedule is so hectic now it's nonexistent.

/sigh

I'm on Christmas break, right now, and as long as it's not Day of or Christmas eve I should be around.

-K

I'll wait in the Lobby for an hour tonight from 10 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. MST. (I can browse the internet or check e-mail, etc., while I'm in there so it's no big thing if nobody shows up. Or you can post here to confirm it.)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 24 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

All right... Somebody pick a time, dammit, and I'll see what I can do. 😛 (My schedule is kind of nonexistent right now, so I'm pretty flexible.)

What lamkin said. I'm going to be around, just pop me an email or something (I might check the boards, maybe not) and we'll see what happens.

-K

My pardons for popping the question and then vanishing; I was frightfully ill over Christmas, but it was still an awesome time what with the family over. 🙂

The best time for me would be between 9pm and 10pm Saturdays. I'm London time, so I reckon most of you guys will be asleep if I ever manage it any earlier! 😄

QUOTE (Silverwind @ Dec 28 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best time for me would be between 9pm and 10pm Saturdays.

Between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. London time is between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. for me here in the States. Sounds good to me. I'll be on this Saturday then...unless I forget. 😉

Kasofa,
Got your e-mail. How about from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. MST this Saturday (the 1st) night...? Or Sunday night, or Monday night...or Tuesday night, etc. Just pick one of those days and e-mail me or post here and we'll be set.
And if none of those times work for you, just post here with a specific time and date that will work for you and I'll most likely be able to make it...at least over the next three of four days, that is.

Sorry I wasn't on today Lam, I've been in Hospital. It turns out the mega coughing fit I had over Christmas weakened my chest, resulting in a pulled muscle yesterday morning. It was agony whenever I coughed or laughed, as it triggered movement in the muscle, and I couldn't walk either. I'm feeling much better today, but I still can't put much weight on the muscle, so I won't be at the computer desk for long.

One day we'll get a game or two in! :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 01 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

No problem, Silver. (Plus I forgot anyway...like I predicted I might. Oops. That irks me.) Sorry to hear about the pulled muscle. Ouch. Hope you feel better soon. And yes, we'll get a game in one of these days. Just post here to let me know a day or so ahead of time...I'll keep checking the forum.

I'm on now, if anyone's paying attention. I've got restrictive NAT, which I don't quite understand, so we'll just have to see what happens.
@Silver; I hope you get better, pulled muscles are no fun. 😞

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 01 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

I saw two players in the lobby just now, but I couldn't invite anyone. I wonder if that's due to my restrictive NAT?

Oops. Somehow I posted the same post twice, so I'll edit this one and say that I saw other people too in the lobby and was unable to connect. (Seems like they weren't able to connect with each other as well, even though they tried to; and everyone had restrictive NAT. So yes, I think that's definitely the cause.)
Anyway, it would be nice to get some more details about this from Ambrosia as the FAQ response still leaves me with a few questions:
1. Do I need a static IP address in order to lose the restrictive NAT? Or is there some other workaround? Like I said in the previous post, it seems like having a static IP address is a necessary step.
2. Can a player who doesn't have restrictive NAT start a game with a player who does have restrictive NAT?
3. For port forwarding, is the protocol TCP or UDP? My guess is it's the former.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 04 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Well, I did a bit of researching online, plus I talked with a tech from my ISP, and it seems that the only solution to the restrictive NAT issue is to get a static IP address. For me that'll cost about 5 dollars extra a month, but some ISPs don't charge for it. However, even if I did get a static IP address, would it matter if the other person/player still has restrictive NAT? I don't know.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 04 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

As far as I recall I've always had restrictive NAT, yet I've played many an online game. Hopefully that means RNAT players can play with a non-RNAT partner.

My schedule looks to a little more free now, so I can take part in a game, even today if that works.

Somehow my subscription to this topic expired, so the last post I saw before today was post 7... I hate it when subscriptions do that.