Yurnet's Rising: What did you like?

Tell me, Streudel222, what you liked about the Yurnet's Rising lev

Hey peeps, tell me what you liked, and hated, about the "Yurnet's Rising" series so that I can improve upon my technique. Why?? So that I can bring you "Yurnet's Return"!

This post has been edited by Streudel222 : 22 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

First off, it's nice to see a new guy on the forumโ€”especially one who designs levels. I won't go overboard here, but suffice it to say that our esteemed forum is, uh, no longer nearly as active as it once was, so it's nice to see, er, activity. ๐Ÿ˜›
I hope you stick around.

And I thought your levels were all really good. (Yes, I've played them all.) You had some interesting bosses, too. The only real criticism I have is that you tend to use waaay too many fighters and enemy player ships. ๐Ÿ˜‰

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 22 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

I haven't played nor heard of the 'Yurnet's Rising' series. If it was only uploaded to the add-ons pages, though, that would explain my not hearing of it since I haven't looked through that list very much. However, now I'm tempted to go digging through the list to find it.

Lamkin's right, though. This board is pretty inactive now. It's pretty much just Lamkin, Kasofa, Odie, Silverwind, and me. Klublex was here, too, but he seems to have disappeared entirely.

Thanks for the warm welcome, ๐Ÿ™‚ I have noticed the scarcity of people on the forum. BUT, the main reason I'm here is to ask you guys: Should I continue and make "Yurnet's Return"? Should I make it harder or easier? Longer or Shorter? Should Yurnet be bigger, smaller, harder, easier, I'm creating for the people.
And the way I'm going to do this, is by finding out what you liked, and how I can improve upon that. thx

Oh and Lamkin, 'Yurnet's Rising' should be first under the 'date' category.

This post has been edited by Streudel222 : 23 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Those maps are brutal , Streudel! I really liked them, though, and the multitude of enemies was a welcome challenge compared to other maps I've played. Well done sir, well done indeed!

Also, I'd like it if you could not mix me and Lamkin up. We may share names, but we aren't the same person. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey, I'm here! I just don't post much. ๐Ÿ˜„

I apparently haven't registered Sketchfighter on this machine (only on my other one during beta testing), so I'll have to go hunt that down before I can try your stuff.

Oh, right. Sorry, Mack!

Hopefully I can find some time to play your maps, Strudel; they look rather large. I will put off other things (mainly different games, not school) and play these!

-K

Ya some of my maps are kinda large, and difficult. I've been working on making the 'Yurnet's Return' maps smaller with a decreased multitude of enemies, but I like to challenge myself(I test my primary versions myself).

I also hope to spark a little activity in the mapmaking community, I like playing levels I haven't made. Your maps are more exciting than mine, if you catch my drift. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So Kasofa, have you finished the levels yet? I can help you if you're stuck, #4 can be a @$%#&, in the navigational way.

No, I just haven't found time, been busy with other games/school/Real Lifeโ„ข. Sorry! ๐Ÿ˜Š
I can try to play/skim them in the editor.

-K