Reviving Multiplayer

To celebrate the release of the new update I think we should revive multiplayer. I mean, at the current rate there's hardly a visitor a day in the lobby. 😞

Hope to see you all online soon!

I'll be on 12:00 PM through 1:00 PM today and tomorrow, if anybody wants to start a game with me.

At the moment, the only 2P games I have are at my place with my daughter, Zoe, and I try and let her win. (She's seven.) So, I'll make an attempt to check the "Lobby" at approximately 6:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) every so often. 😉

Lamkin

Darn, that's dinner time for me... Any chance for a 2P game at 5:30?

And nobody was in the lobby between 12:00 and 1:00 on August 1st and 2nd. 😞

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 07 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

@jacabyte, on Aug 7 2008, 09:09 AM, said in Reviving Multiplayer:

Darn, that's dinner time for me... Any chance for a 2P game at 5:30?

And nobody was in the lobby between 12:00 and 1:00 on August 1st and 2nd. 😞

I should have tried to be in the lobby on those days, Jaca. Sorry about that, as I had seen your post. I'm up for whatever time in the evening on and after the 18th of August (not before), so give me your ideal time ( and your time zone) and I'll hang around in the lobby for a little while a few times per week at that time. One potential problem is that the game says I'm a restrictive NAT (or something close to that) player? What in the heck is that, and should I be offended? 😉
Lamkin

My game says restrictive NAT too. NAT stands for Network Address Translation, which you need if your computer connects to a gateway (I.E. a router) in order to get on the internet instead of connecting to it correctly. Your router has to transmit your local IP address as the one given to you by your ISP in order for your to play with other people across the internet. This is pretty common, but sometimes it doesn't work. When that happens, you have to set up your router so it forwards/triggers UDP Port 33333. This worked for me on Redline, but I haven't tried it with Sketchfighter.

As for times, hmm... I'm pretty much available all the time, and we live in the same time zone (I live in Colorado, I can point Colorado Springs out on a map) so the time is your call, as long as it's after 6:00.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 07 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

@jacabyte, on Aug 7 2008, 11:08 AM, said in Reviving Multiplayer:

As for times, hmm... I'm pretty much available all the time, and we live in the same time zone (I live in Colorado, I can point Colorado Springs out on a map) so the time is your call, as long as it's after 6:00.

I'll be available starting on the 18th, and 6:30 PM for us (MST for anyone else reading the post) would work well enough. As I'd said before, I'd be checking the lobby a few times a week, most likely on any given Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. (I'd attempt to stay until 7:00 PM, perhaps...)

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 08 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

No good; school starts on the 18th, so I'll have homework on that day.

Bummer. 😞

In my last post, I meant to say "as long is it's before 6:00," so that part may have confused you some. I hate it when I leave out words or transpose them. <_<

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 08 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

I wasn't on this week, but last week I had a game with Edwards and 2 unregistered players from Germany. Nice to see activity starting up again.

I'm back at school now, and should be getting an internet connection in my apartment in a few days (currently, it's a fifteen-minute walk through 110°+ temperatures to the nearest internet connection), so I'll likely be online during afternoons or evenings after the 26th.

Edwards