SketchFighter in EVN

Today I made the Sketchfighter into a rlë for Escape Velocity: Nova. It's really awesome. I was going to put this on the Nova board, but then I realized that most people there don't care. Once I've finished adding the ship data and possibly SF weapons I'll post it up here.

EDIT: Link to the EVN add-ons page

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 26 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

That is officially awesome. What're it's stats like? Fast, slow, ubershields, uberarmor?

I haven't gotten past making the rlë. Now that I'm done with it, I've decided that it's not good enough. So it's back to the drawing board! :laugh: My plan is to insert it to replace the shuttle for ease of play.

Picture:
Posted Image
Download:
Sketchfighter 4000 Nova
It replaces the Shuttle in Nova. Just start a new pilot to use it. There are no Sketchfighter weapons this time. Sorry. I've already wasted an afternoon on this thing.

Oops. Just realized that that picture has the big version of the Sketchfighter. I made it smaller at the eleventh hour. It is now more to scale with the rest of the universe.

EDIT: Changed the link to the new version

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 07 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

Weeehew! fun shtuffs!

Very interesting, gsn. downloads

Oops. Just realized that that picture has the big version of the Sketchfighter. I made it smaller at the eleventh hour. It is now more to scale with the rest of the universe.

Personally, i wouldn't mind it bigger. It's a little hard to see right now. Maybe starbridge sized. I've added a Beam, i don't think it works though. I'll post it if people want me to.

Well I wanted it to be scale to the ships in Nova. Oh well, there's always version 2.

Which would you rather see? Ships with a white outline and transparent insides or ships with a dark gray outline and white insides?

First one. White outline with transparent insides. Oh, and "Ships"?

Yeah, you know Guardian, Sketchfighter 4000 Trinity Turbo, Small Enemy Flier. That sort of thing.

Grin

GSN, you're are the awesome.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Apr 5 2007, 03:48 AM, said in SketchFighter in EVN:

Picture:
Posted Image
Download:
Sketchfighter for Nova
It replaces the Shuttle in Nova. Just start a new pilot to use it. There are no Sketchfighter weapons this time. Sorry. I've already wasted an afternoon on this thing.

Ahm, what's the blue stuff around it?

Those would be the Jovian Orbital Shipyards. I was testing it with another plug-in.

A nice Sketchfighter plug, with several SFA ships and weapons, would be really sweet. Don't believe EVN has been crossed with any other Ambrosia game, besides the other EVs, like this before.

Edit: Oh. never mind.

This post has been edited by Shenlon : 07 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

cool, downloading now.

Okay, here's the new version. I'm going to put it on the Nova add-ons page later, but first I want YOU (yes, you) to test it. I want to make sure that the finished product is t3h aw3som3. Please don't find anything wrong with the graphics, because I'm not redoing them AGAIN. Seriously. Enough chit-chat, here's the link: LINKAGE!

I downloaded from the ARPIA board, if that makes a difference in the version I got....

-- Why not make the Sketchtopia system background white, with negative murk to get rid of stars?
-- You have a few misspellings. For example, the Triple Sketchfighter should be "truly a vessel for a connoisseur," not "truely a vessal for a connoisseur."
-- Hire texts don't show up for me.
-- How 'bout the turret as a ship? No jump, near-zero speed. Perfect for Sketchtopia's defense fleet.
-- You gotta get a sketchy planet graphic. Animated, preferably.

Beyond that, I believe I made my opinion clear on the ARPIA board. Please see my response there. I refuse to grant you a second exuberant outburst at this time. You have a lot of work to do, GSN, and I suggest you get busy. :mellow: So there. 😉

@dr--trowel, on Apr 7 2007, 02:16 PM, said in SketchFighter in EVN:

I downloaded from the ARPIA board, if that makes a difference in the version I got....

-- Why not make the Sketchtopia system background white, with negative murk to get rid of stars?

Yessss… excellent idea

-- You have a few misspellings. For example, the Triple Sketchfighter should be "truly a vessel for a connoisseur," not "truely a vessal for a connoisseur."

Thanks. I didn't catch that. Fixed.

-- Hire texts don't show up for me.

Fixed

-- How 'bout the turret as a ship? No jump, near-zero speed. Perfect for Sketchtopia's defense fleet.

Nooooooo! No more new graphics!

-- You gotta get a sketchy planet graphic. Animated, preferably.

I was going to but then I thought: "Nooooooo! No more new graphics!".

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 07 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

Woot! It's nice , Grey Shirt! Me like. The fighter is wicked fun to fly, and the homing gun is also nice. Me like. Now back to work on AG! 😛