Sketchtopia Apple Store

New Lamkin level...

Version 1.0 of Sketchtopia Apple Store. Steve Jobs has decided to open up a new store in Sketchtopia, but Bill Gates has other plans, and he has taken over the store. Your mission is to eliminate all his Windows beasties and then find and destroy Bill and his poweful Vista ship. Jaca and Klublex, please play this version and let me know how well it runs on your respective computers. (Specifically, if the level is acceptably playable.) I'll wait to post it in the add-on files until I hear from one or both of you.

Lamkin

Attached File(s)

It doesn't have my seal of approval; The entrance was little jumpy, but the stair animation was still pretty smooth. But that changed when I got to my first enemy. Framerates hit rock bottom. The music stopped. The sound from my gun firing started to become less and less frequent until it too stopped altogether. I was afraid I'd have to force quit Sketchfighter. Sorry, I'm afraid that if this won't run on my 1.25 GHz G4, it's not going to run on anything. Something's gotta go.

Thanks for testing that, Jaca. I had a feeling that would happen. I'm no longer going to use "bricks" in any given upcoming level then...I'll post this one, after I modify it, in the Add-On Files with pretty much just the boss (and maybe a tank or two). For my next level, I had thought of making a giant thermometer that goes down (to 98.6 degrees from 104 degrees or something) every time you destroy a "germ" (blob). (I don't know where these silly ideas come from.)
Lamkin

One more thing, Jaca...If you could test this last version. Again, if it's playable (i.e., does not have to be perfectly smooth), then I'll post this one. Thanks ahead of time.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 17 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

oops! i just posted on the wrong topic! I meant to post that HERE!
sorry. but good level!

-K

@lamkin, on Jul 17 2008, 08:50 PM, said in Sketchtopia Apple Store:

One more thing, Jaca...If you could test this last version. Again, if it's playable (i.e., does not have to be perfectly smooth), then I'll post this one. Thanks ahead of time.

Sorry, I'm wrestling with my own little pet project at the moment. Capital ships are tough to balance out combat wise in EVN. IfI find time I'll test your level again, but I can't do it immediately.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 18 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for responding, Jaca. I've uploaded that last version to the Add-On Files, as it plays okay even on my computer. (It's almost completely devoid of enemies, though.)
😉
Lamkin

Just a thought: Wouldn't it be funnier if you had to rush through the corridors of the building to be the first one in the newly opened apple store? So that the store is the end and the entrance/exit the beginning?

@freq245, on Jul 19 2008, 05:01 AM, said in Sketchtopia Apple Store:

Just a thought: Wouldn't it be funnier if you had to rush through the corridors of the building to be the first one in the newly opened apple store? So that the store is the end and the entrance/exit the beginning?

Okay, Freq, where were you during the preview/beta part of this level? I needed this suggestion then , not now.
😉
Lamkin

@lamkin, on Jul 19 2008, 05:55 PM, said in Sketchtopia Apple Store:

Okay, Freq, where were you during the preview/beta part of this level? I needed this suggestion then , not now.
😉
Lamkin

:laugh: You could still do a second version, with a sketchtopian skyscraper, an entrance hall, more elevators... and the apple store at the top of it!

Lamkin, I tried the first version of sketchtopia apple store. There was no slow down at all on my computer and it worked perfectly. 🙂 If not Jaca's, it has my seal of approval. By the way, my computer is a 2ghz Imac. Great level, Lamkin! 🙂

Klublex