Interesting idea i had

this is and interesting idea i had, with moving wall things. 🙂
And now, for the aswomness for my level,
The Moving Walls!

Attached File ___The_moving_walls.zip (3.42K)
Number of downloads: 6

before you reply "this isn't new, they already did that in sketchfighter" , download it and look at it for a while.

That's actually quite cool, given me a few ideas. Maybe I should get back to work on Forest Map 2.

I'll take a look at it when I get a spare moment. I'm working hard on finishing my RPG! 😄

EDIT:

Just tested it. Interesting concept.

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 05 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

Yes, that is an interesting idea. Too bad it's so hard to get them synchronized...

Edwards

"Yes, that is an interesting idea. Too bad it's so hard to get them synchronized...
Edwards"

I like it the way it is 😉

on a different note, i have another idea map Attached File MoverBang.zip (1.79K)
Number of downloads: 4

EDIT: sorry about the faulty one i uploaded, i have the fixed one!

2X EDIT: (PiSketch)"That's actually quite cool, given me a few ideas. Maybe I should get back to work on Forest Map 2."
YES PLEEZ!!!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 07 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Kasofa1, that's a fantastic idea. Now go make that level!
😉 :mad:
Lamkin

@lamkin, on Jun 14 2008, 02:01 PM, said in Interesting idea i had:

Kasofa1, that's a fantastic idea. Now go make that level!
😉 :mad:
Lamkin

?
me or Pi?

Kasofa1, I guess I could have been more specific. I meant the idea with the (four) moving walls...If you had several of those things in a row, it would make for a pretty hard level, I think. (I had tried to make moving "blocks" with working switches on them, but I don't believe it can be done.)
Lamkin

@lamkin, on Jun 15 2008, 03:33 PM, said in Interesting idea i had:

(I had tried to make moving "blocks" with working switches on them, but I don't believe it can be done.)

Oh, it can (see The Master Turret), but they can only be linked by name to other children of the sprite it is a child of. It should work to have a child switch linked by Extra2 to other sprites, but I don't think I've ever tested that (beyond a switch that disables its own parent (which, by the way, has some bad side-effects if the parent moves)). Also, regarding MoverBang, that sort of thing is one of the foundations of most of the complex hack-type-things I've done in SketchFighter- depending on how you use children, Extra2s, etc. with that, you can do some amazing things.

Edwards

I just made another interesting level, I will post it in a sec 🙂
oh yeah, I have two new ideas!
Note: this download contains all of my current concepts!
Attached File Concept_Folder.zip (10.83K)
Number of downloads: 4

and to those of you who might not know this, you need to take the maps out of the folder they are in 😉

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 16 June 2008 - 11:31 AM