Highly Explosive

How do I pass it?

There's a small part of the wasteland that can only be entered through the factory. In the top-left corner of that part is a place full of invulerable explosives, and an invulnerable turret. Invulnerable by my weapons, at least. As soon as I go there, the turret starts firing, blowing up the explosives. One can't escape the explosions and blows up.
So my question is, how do I do pass this obstacle, that is, blow up the place without blowing up myself?

This is the way I do it...

Spoiler

Sneak forward so the turret turns towards you but reverse before it fires. Then crawl forward until the point at which the turret 'sees' you again, and reverse again immediately. That'll allow the turret to kill the boxes but not you. I think you can only do it with the Trinity Turbo (most powerful) ship.

Good luck!

Apparently I do need the

Spoiler

Tri-Mode

, because that's what I tried, but never managed to escape fast enough. Well, thanks. ^^

This post has been edited by Arion : 17 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

Spoiler

If you sneak in reverse, and then accelerate forward to dodge out of the way, that should give you enough speed to get through with an earlier ship. I don't recall needing the Trinity Turbo Edition. (EDIT) Just tested it- it is quite possible to do with the Dual Power Edition, and I don't see any reason why the basic ship wouldn't work as well.

Minor spoiler that you most likely don't know about yet:

Spoiler

You'll need the Green gun after you get past the explosives.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 17 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

@edwards, on Mar 18 2008, 04:27 AM, said in Highly Explosive:

Spoiler

If you sneak in reverse, and then accelerate forward to dodge out of the way, that should give you enough speed to get through with an earlier ship. I don't recall needing the Trinity Turbo Edition. (EDIT) Just tested it- it is quite possible to do with the Dual Power Edition, and I don't see any reason why the basic ship wouldn't work as well.

Minor spoiler that you most likely don't know about yet:

Spoiler

You'll need the Green gun after you get past the explosives.

Edwards

I do that the same way. Even if you do get blown up every time, practice makes perfect!

Edwards, that's exactly the way I tried it, but sadly I never get away fast enough. About that minor hint, I already have said gun. Currently (unsuccessfully) trying to kill

Spoiler

the forest boss. But I can't get to hit it, only managed to kill it once and that was a double KO >.<

um, anyone want to share a tip for this?

I tried pellets. I'll also try the beam... but I don't know how I'll back away fast enough.

and btw, is there something wrong with posting this stuff? I mean, why is it blacked out?

thanks!

Yeah, posting answers to questions is fine, people usually just blacken out spoilers for people who want to find out answers themselves. 🙂

I don't remember finding that challenge particularly difficult to overcome. If the speedy retreat doesn't work you could always come back when you have a better shield upgrade, then try weathering the damage on your retreat.