Junk Trunk

Got a level you want to share? Look no further.

If you wish to contribute a file to the Junk Trunk, simply attach it to this topic. Pretty much any kind of file can be donated, be it a proof of concept or an unfinished level, the Trunk will accept it with outstretched arms.

The ReadMe in the download explains it all.
Attached File Junk_Trunk.zip (87.95K)
Number of downloads: 25

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 11 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

There wasn't enough room in the download for this one, so here it is:Attached File _The_Epic_Of_Sketch_V3.SketchMap.zip (54.98K)
Number of downloads: 14

@silverwind, on May 10 2007, 01:31 PM, said in Junk Trunk:

There wasn't enough room in the download for this one, so here it is:Attachment _The_Epi...ketchMap.zip

Excellent Maps, 😛 I especailly like the COS Factory.

Thanks Conelight, for Junk maps they're not that bad. 🙂

Several thoroughly cool levels in there, Silver. I like that training map especially, it's very well done.

so thats why i wasn't getting any "COS Factory" updates... Any way cool levels!

@dogbert, on May 10 2007, 04:00 PM, said in Junk Trunk:

so thats why i wasn't getting any "COS Factory" updates... Any way cool levels!

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself, Doggie.

Sorry about that Dogbert, I was actually working on it up until recently but I don't have a lot of free time anymore, so I couldn't continue it. I hope to finish it someday though... someday...

Anyway, glad you guys like the junk levels. 🙂 If anybody else has any junk levels that they never got around to finishing, or a map that they didn't think ready for the world yet, you're most welcome to post it here. We may build quite an interesting collection here if people throw in the odd junk map. Hehehe... junk maps...

Here's another level to toss in the trunk:Attached File Scripted_Force_Fields.SketchMap.zip (6.7K)
Number of downloads: 13

It's an interesting concept that nobody's put into a map yet. At least, I don't think so anyway.

Ooh, just the title gives me ideas... I'll Edit this post once i've played it.

Ok, having played it, it probably has the greatest potential of any idea I've seen on these boards, miniboss doors included. You could probably do a Miniboss door with this, even! I've got a map showing an idea i came up with Here.

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 10 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

Interesting idea- I particularly like your "Scripted Force Fields" level, and your friend's "Lost Cave" level.

Now, my own additions to this collection:

1. OneSheet. The very first One Page map. Apologies for it being so hard to manuever in it- I was still getting used to the format.

2. The Master Turret. The original version- yes, it was quite hard even then, although the design of the surroundings is greatly different. Also the second One Page map.

3. The Ocean, or at least one partially-built miniboss thereof. I actually got this map about half-way done, but then lost it due to freak file corruption. Surprisingly, this fragment is quite playable in 1.0.1/2, despite the large number of force fields involved.

4. Space Invaders. No further comment needed. May be a bit flaky in versions later than 1.0.0, due to the technique used to prevent the player from winning by killing a specific enemy, rather than all of them. Also, the distance at which sprites are culled out seems to have changed since I made the map in 1.0.0 (which I suspect is my fault), and it is no longer possible to damage the back row of enemies when they are off-screen.

5. Battleplate Fight. Alternate title: "Fun With Relativistic Velocities". Only really playable in version 1.0.0, although it does technically work in 1.0.1/2 (

Spoiler

thus perhaps proving that this method of teleporting through walls relies purely on speed, not on framerate bugs

).

Edwards

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Edwards : 14 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Here's another one for the trunk: Random Level. Made it on, lessie, the second of January. Finished, winnable, but not very pretty, and not excessively original. Still entertaining though.

Pi, this map is as enjoyable as any other. Indeed, I've only had it a few minutes and I've already played it through three times! Well done on creating a simple, plain, (and not incredibly hard! :laugh: ) Sketchfighter map. Very nice work.

I think I'll be conserving myself to similar sized levels for a while, as the big ones drag allot outa ya.

Wow, i'm suprised you're not dismissing it as a waste of time or something. OK, i'm not, but still. It was just something i did in about an hour to relieve some boredom. Thanks!

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 14 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

Heres a level i started but didn't complete. I was going to finish it to celebrate my B-day but forgot about it.Attached File Birthday_cake_.zip (8.09K)
Number of downloads: 11

Hi! I'm kinda new here (as in I just registered my copy today) but I made a map that's well... I guess a concept map. Here it is: Attached File Epic_Battle_Beta_Version_2.zip (7.51K)
Number of downloads: 10
It's just a boss battle, but a hard/epic/fun one.
I may make a complete version sometime.

6-11-07 6:50 PM Edit: Finished Beta 2 Version

This post has been edited by Klink : 11 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hi Klink! Welcome to the Forums 🙂

Thanks for donating a map to the Junk Trunk, it's about time somebody made another stand alone Boss level, hehe. Great map by the way, I finished it in just under 5 minutes with 215 Health and 5 Missiles remaining. (I didn't realise I had any :p) Excellent indeed for your first level, I can't wait to see what else you come up with 🙂

The only glitch I noticed was that the Finish Zone wasn't actually a Finish Zone. After checking in the editor I spotted the reason, the trigger at the end of the level should be named Race Goal rather then Race Finish.

This is very similar to a map a friend of mine made, (is still making) though not as evil as his. <_< his has 5,000 HP on the shield if I'm not mistaken, and I think 5,000 on the main body as well. (and what makes it so ridiculously hard is that the main body is a super sized Guardian, so he keeps flying into you. And the fact that there's a ring of invincible triple turrets attached to him. I'll try and persuade him to give it to the Junk Trunk, hehe! 😄

Well, I finished Harry last night, so it's back to SKF editing for me. 🙂 But before I start on a new level, here's an old one for the trunk.
Attached File Demo_Volcano.SketchMap.zip (6K)
Number of downloads: 5
It was originally going to accompany a demo of each other area, but I never got around to completing this one let alone the others. The idea was that anyone (leaning on new players who hadn't gotten used to the editor yet) could edit or add to an already mapped out area if they wanted to create a small, quick level. Rather than having to sculpt the dungeon as well as its contents. This map's layout is complete, and it contains a small amount of detail, but I never got around to adding lava bubbles or particles in the walls. (which is my favorite part of volcano detail)

Anyway, use as you wish. 🙂

I was going to create another race challenge like Flight Training, but instead I decided to mix frustration and unfairness to create this:
Attached File Ultimum.SketchMap.zip (11.86K)
Number of downloads: 7
My best run is 45 seconds with 48 Health remaining.

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more then one path.
Attached File Shrine_of_the_Seasons.zip (26.54K)
Number of downloads: 7