has been cancelled

The title actually says it all, I'm sorry. :mellow:
Those who have done the taster: please rate it:
1-5 of 5.

My rating:3.5
Anyway, here's what turned out:

Attached File(s)

Ratings:
CPS 1: 0.5 points off for background issues (you should have used the auto-background feature and manually removed the stray black squares at the beginning- I didn't see anything that it would have broken); 1 point off for wall placement (tunnels are rather narrower than I like, but more importantly it is possible to get sucked through them, particularly in that giant block area at the end); 1 point off for massive framerate death in the giant blocks (too many triggers is bad. Remember that). Total: 2.5/5

CPS 2: 0.5 points off for minor wall-placement issues and background issues, 1 point off for minor design complaints: The Forest boss is a bit boring. The force field leading into the Volcano is unmarked. The level design would have been much more interesting if the player didn't get both Ship II and the Blue gun before entering the Volcano. Total: 3.5/5

CPS 3: 0.5 points off for background issues (see above). 0.5 points off for including the Wave gun (the Wave gun makes everything too trivial). Total: 4/5

CPS 4: 1 point off for breaking continuity and removing all previous weapons/upgrades. 0.5 points for minor complaints(using just one sprite for the black background, over-using Small Flickers). 5 points off for not actually putting in a way to open the door in front of the Red Gun, leaving the level impossible to complete in a finite amount of time without modifications (tank/carrier-luring doesn't work, and the exploding blocks are Not Solid). Total: -1.5/5.

Overall: It's a pretty nice level, and it definitely improves as you get further in. Ignoring the bug-induced penalty on CPS 4, it averages to 3.5/5, but I'll throw in a bit extra for showing a great grasp of how to do detailed surroundings, to bring it up to 4/5. I'm looking forward to seeing your future levels. Also, I would like to note that if you just threw an extra boss on the end of CPS 3, you could turn the first three into a complete set, and a boss on the end of CPS 4 would turn it into a stand-alone level.

Edwards

Thanks for the compliments. I'm VERY sorry about the background/framerate problems and I origianally made CPS 4 as a stand-alone level, and I forgot the upgrades.

Message to all further replys:
You don't NEED to rate it, but I'd like it if you did.

Sidepipe