Sketch Fighter Arena

A survival level

Yesterday I discovered a long forgotten folder with a load of old SKF maps. Among the many was the April Fools map I made, where you start in the middle of a room crammed full of enemies of all sorts. I played it through about 50 times until I destroyed every enemy, (except for the invincible one's like the Bosses, and one Guardian who went too far beyond the force field boundaries for even the S. Homing to detect) and decided to make a full scale level of it.

Although it's not as hard as I would have liked, it's pretty fun. And indeed, levels like this are the ones that I'd play over and over, as it's non stop action. 🙂
Attached File Sketch_Fighter_Arena.SketchMap.zip (9.31K)
Number of downloads: 21
It also made me wonder whether Ambrosia would ever create a Multiplayer arena style version of Sketchfighter, where players battle each other and respawn when they explode. It'd make a nifty expansion pack. hehe.

Best Record With All Enemies Destroyed:

Name: Silverwind
Time: 8:01
Health Remaining: 100

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 20 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

downloads

Neat. And, y'know, you can always add more enemies. 🙂

My current record is about 15 seconds, but I've only played it a couple dozen times. Nice little challenge you've made here. It reminds me quite a bit of my Pit of Spawning multiplayer level: A very small room, surrounded by Forest Boss spawn points and FlickerMakers; good luck surviving the full four minutes without getting overrun.

@silverwind, on Aug 18 2007, 06:15 AM, said in Sketch Fighter Arena:

It also made me wonder whether Ambrosia would ever create a Multiplayer arena style version of Sketchfighter, where players battle each other and respawn when they explode. It'd make a nifty expansion pack. hehe.

Well, it isn't all that easy, but it looks like it will be possible to pull off, as long as you don't mind being unable to shoot enemies and having a chance of hitting yourself if you're very unlucky. I'll try to get a proof-of-concept CAE package up tonight. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get any weapons other than Pellets and maybe Wave to work properly in PvP mode, and even they will have some minor graphical quirks. 😞

(EDIT) PvP Proof-of-Concept posted here.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 19 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

My current survival record is 2:17 with a third of the map cleared. I probably could have won it but I foolishly got too close to the Boss.

EDIT:

Hmmm... this could turn into a pretty cool survival contest. 🙂

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 19 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

New record: All sprites destroyed at 8:01 with 100 health remaining.