The Chronicles Of Sketch

I just noticed that you start with S. Pellets, so I've updated the file early with that and the health glitch fixed.

@silverwind, on Mar 25 2007, 04:48 AM, said in The Chronicles Of Sketch:

Although, I was trying to get it more like the Multi Player map than the Solo mode map, as I wanted it very free roaming, so the "labyrinth" style layout might not be too far wrong.

It's certainly free-roaming, but I have to disagree about the multi-player Volcano map being at all a labyrinth- the layout of that map is extremely simple.

@silverwind, on Mar 25 2007, 04:48 AM, said in The Chronicles Of Sketch:

On the Enemies
Yeah, looking at it now in the editor I can see some nasties that definitely don't belong here. The Spinning Turrets for example, they should be almost excluded to the Factory. Would it be better if I got rid of Spinning Turrets, Bugs of all kind, Factory Crusher Things and Explosive Clusters?

I'm not complaining about which types you're using (they all appear in the built-in Volcano map except for Spinning Shooters and Flickers, the latter of which never appears outside of the Wasteland and Forest), I'm saying that within each built-in map there are clusters of similar critters, with no other types in that local area- blobs in the sea of red dots, bugs near the Super Wave, Fighters on the path to the Tank, etc. Whenever you have a group of enemies in your map, they're of widely varying types- flickers next to blobs and turrets, blobs in a minefield, etc. Even in the multiplayer maps, there is very little mixing of enemy types.

If you'd like a set of maps of the built-in levels for reference, I can send it to you.

Edwards

That would be brilliant Edwards! If you didn't mind that is.

I'm sorry to have to announce a delay on the finished version of The Chronicles Of Sketch, but something has happened unexpectedly and I wont have nearly as much free time as I had before. I'm not far from completing the Factory now, so I'll be able to release that soon, but after that it may take a long time between levels.

Thanks for the support from all the BETA's who haven't BETAd a level yet, and once again I'm sorry about having to delay the files. I'll still inform you's when the time comes for a new level to be BETAd so that you can still get a chance to BETA test it if you want, but if at the time you'd rather not it's no problem. I think that I'll have to look upon The Chronicles Of Sketch as my life works rather then a normal level, given the new time estimate.