Ambrosia Software Releases SketchFighter 1.0.2

Giving everyone a heads up that today we released the update for SketchFighter 4000 Alpha. We are at 1.0.2, which offers enhancements and improvements to the game, and fixes the bugs that have been reported.

With a notebook stuffed full of killer challenges awaiting you, and a unique two-player gaming mode that's unlike anything you've ever seen, SketchFighter 4000 Alpha brings the fantasies of your youth to life in an absurd yet utterly wonderful gaming experience.

The SketchFighter 4000 Alpha 1.0.2 update is free to all registered users, and can be downloaded from the SketchFighter 4000 Alpha product page, which can be found here:

http://www.ambrosias.../sketchfighter/

SketchFighter 4000 Alpha 1.0.2 features the following changes/enhancements:

-- Restored ability to post high scores for 2-player games.

-- Textures now load properly from folders with ASCII-unfriendly names.

It'll take you plenty of time to defeat the nefarious obstacles and devious bosses that challenge you, but once you do, there's no need to despair. SketchFighter 4000 Alpha's two player mode allows you to play with a friend at the keyboard, or play with other SketchFighters over the Internet for live action!

Still haven't had enough yet? SketchFighter 4000 Alpha also has a level editor that lets you create your own battlegrounds, allowing you to release your inner creativity to create levels for yourself and others to enjoy.

Maaan, i was too slow this time... 😛

But highscores again is AWESOME. Almost as good as custom level saving was.

@magnusapollo, on Apr 5 2007, 11:41 AM, said in Ambrosia Software Releases SketchFighter 1.0.2:

-- Restored ability to post high scores for 2-player games.

Huzzah! Time to go bump my 2-player challenge thread, and prepare to maintain my ranking as one of the two top players.

@magnusapollo, on Apr 5 2007, 11:41 AM, said in Ambrosia Software Releases SketchFighter 1.0.2:

-- Textures now load properly from folders with ASCII-unfriendly names.

This is a curious change. Were there problems with localizations, or is SF4ka getting more hacker-friendly?

Edwards

Nah. Put any previous version of SketchFighter in a folder containing ususual Unicode chars (those that are not in MacRoman, in my tests I used "ℕ∀ℳℇ", which is "NAME" with the uppercase letters replaced by lookalike mathematical Unicode chars), and try to run the game or the editor.