Confusion about colored blocks in the wall

I've done a cursory examination of board posts and see nobody talking about this. How do I shoot so that I can activate switches inside walls? I'm seeing a lot of wall structures with small squares that sometimes contain colors that match my weapon. I have all 4 colored weapons. I don't have any of the special weapons yet, just the rockets, beams and pellets. Is there a special weapon I need to find and if so where the bloody hell is it?

Attached File(s)

Spoiler

You need to use the wave gun to activate the switches. It's located in the Forest just after the Boss.

(highlight to read)

Also welcome to the boards!

Edit:That is just a light for decoration

This post has been edited by Dogbert : 12 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

Those squares are lights, and have no effect on the gameplay. They usually represent different things depending on what colour they are. Red always means there is a Boss battle nearby, so be on your guard. the other coloured ones don't usually mean anything, although the green ones in the Factory are stationary objects while the yellow ones in the Factory are moving objects. There are switches in the walls as you say, but they look like switches not squares, and you need the Wave to activate them.

@silverwind, on Mar 12 2007, 06:31 PM, said in Confusion about colored blocks in the wall:

Those squares are lights, and have no effect on the gameplay. They usually represent different things depending on what colour they are. Red always means there is a Boss battle nearby, so be on your guard. the other coloured ones don't usually mean anything, although the green ones in the Factory are stationary objects while the yellow ones in the Factory are moving objects. There are switches in the walls as you say, but they look like switches not squares, and you need the Wave to activate them.

Thanks both of you for the info. Now I just need to figure out how I can hit the Forest Boss.. so far, no damage.. I've read some posts about the stars in the walls, but I have no idea what this means.. can't seem to him them with a weapon I have.. is it possible that I got this far without a critical weapon?

@silverwind, on Mar 12 2007, 06:31 PM, said in Confusion about colored blocks in the wall:

Thanks both of you for the info. Now I just need to figure out how I can hit the Forest Boss.. so far, no damage.. I've read some posts about the stars in the walls, but I have no idea what this means.. can't seem to him them with a weapon I have.. is it possible that I got this far without a critical weapon?

This post has been edited by Eluxtria : 12 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

The Forest Boss is a tough one alright, but the weapons you have should beat him after a couple of tries. I recommend getting as much rockets as you can, and using Pellets for the most part, as getting close to him with the Beam usually results in getting blown up. To inflict damage, you need to look for his weak point, you'll see it flash red when you hit it. Good luck! 🙂

@silverwind, on Mar 13 2007, 09:01 AM, said in Confusion about colored blocks in the wall:

The Forest Boss is a tough one alright, but the weapons you have should beat him after a couple of tries. I recommend getting as much rockets as you can, and using Pellets for the most part, as getting close to him with the Beam usually results in getting blown up. To inflict damage, you need to look for his weak point, you'll see it flash red when you hit it. Good luck! 🙂

Keep in mind that the Forest boss is well protected by two shields, which have to be destroyed first. Oh, and a very aggressive frontal attack is never a bad thing...

@freq245, on Mar 13 2007, 11:13 AM, said in Confusion about colored blocks in the wall:

Keep in mind that the Forest boss is well protected by two shields, which have to be destroyed first. Oh, and a very aggressive frontal attack is never a bad thing...

Thanks.. Yeah, far easier to defeat than I realized.. trick was to nuzzle up close to the eye. 🙂