Of Flawless Runs and Missing High Scores

Take a look at the following screenshot, and then look at spot #19 on the high score list:

Notice anything missing there? Correct: Despite both of us seeing the score sheet, with its declaration of our being in place #19, this score was not logged to the tracker. We were disconnected due to a "connection time out" error a few seconds after the score sheet appeared, but the sheet did appear, and the game was clearly in contact with the server to get the placement information, so it looks like this is a bug.

Is there any chance of getting the score added to the list manually?

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 09 March 2007 - 02:53 AM

Now that's impressive (btw, what's with these odd player stats?). Unfortunately, I have no idea why this bug happened, nor if there is any chance your score can be added manually (in fact, I don't even know if that's technically possible).

@zacha-pedro, on Mar 9 2007, 01:44 PM, said in Of Flawless Runs and Missing High Scores:

Now that's impressive(...). Unfortunately, I have no idea why this bug happened, nor if there is any chance your score can be added manually (in fact, I don't even know if that's technically possible).

Actually, I think it's just high for the new Crazy Zone, not insanely spectacular. We did get 99640 points before entering the new area, which is right around the theoretical cap, and way above any previous scores, but I kind of flubbed the addition, with a "mere" 55,000 points. We got the same score (roughly) the very next play-through with about 25,000 less in the main area, so I suspect that 175,000 is not impossible. Just really hard.

On a slightly different note, weren't the blob-breeding Volcano scores supposed to be removed from the list? It should no longer be possible to get them (although an attempt I just made did end up crashing the game for no apparent reason after 80,000 points).

@zacha-pedro, on Mar 9 2007, 01:44 PM, said in Of Flawless Runs and Missing High Scores:

(btw, what's with these odd player stats?)

Odd? It's an effectively one-player level when you're going for points.
(Unless you're referring to the fact that I supposedly shot just 27 shots, which is a long-standing bug with this level and the Super Wave gun that I never remembered to report.)

Edwards

...which would explain how you managed to get better than 100% accuracy, which I had been wondering myself.

Houston, we have a BUG. I would have put this down to just my connection yesterday, but we've gotten a few more data points tonight. Newt and I saw each other as having four- and five-star connections, and none of out scores got logged. Furthermore, we both played with other people, getting placing scores, and none of those were logged. Is the server set to refuse scores from version 1.0.1 or something?
(EDIT) Very likely, as we just got a listed high score using 1.0.0...

See the Bugs thread for more details.

(EDIT) And if anyone's think of asking a pointed question about the highish Crazy Zone score I referenced in another thread, we did that with the 1.0.0 engine.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 10 March 2007 - 02:25 AM