Final Boss Script

What's the scrpt for the drawing pen in the final battle?
-FF

The Last Boss Script Sequence
When the player enters a trigger named "Preboss Start", the last-placed sprite named "Preboss Start marker" will vanish. Then, the last-placed sprite named "Preboss1" will appear, with the Pen scribbling on top of it, followed by all sprites named "Preboss1Decoy". Preboss1's Solid Type will get set to enemy, and it's AI will get set to Preboss 1 Escaping. The Preboss1Decoys will get set to a Solid Type of Not Solid with the Preboss 1 AI. A Boss Health Meter will be created, linked to the Preboss1 that was activated.

As soon as any sprite named Preboss1 is destroyed (it need not be the one that was activated), regardless of whether the Preboss Start trigger was ever activated, all sprites named Preboss1Decoy will switch to the Fade Away AI. Shortly thereafter, the Pen will appear drawing sprites randomly chosen from the following list:
Box1 (51), Enemy Small Flier (196), Enemy Big Flier (197), Enemy large small flier (241), EnemyCutie1 (260), EnemyBigBlob1 (264), Enemy MEGA mine (285)
This drawing will occur in ten waves, with the following numbers of sprites drawn in each wave: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 2
The time between each wave drops quickly, with approximately the following times (in seconds) between each pair of waves (starting with the gap between waves one and two): 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 5
The tenth wave always consists of two Messes, and as soon as they have been drawn, the last-placed sprites named LastBoss, LastBoss.lid, and Lastboss.body will be moved into a visible layer and made solid. LastBoss will be given the Boss 7 AI, and linked to a Boss Health Meter, and LastBoss.lid will be given the Boss 7 Cap AI.

WARNING: There is some very strange bug in the scripting for the Drawing Pen in the final battle, in that when I quit my test level after killing Preboss1, and restarted, the pen picked up drawing where it had left off, even though the level had been reset. After a couple of leave/restarts of the level, the pen seemed to get stuck in an infinite loop of drawing Messes. Fortunately, everything went back to normal after I completely quit and reloaded the game. For this reason, I very strongly recommend against attempting to do anything more unusual with LastBoss than allowing Preboss1 to be killed without using a Preboss Start trigger.
WARNING: In 1.0.0, there is a bug with the Pen Tip sprite such that if you destroy it, your time will be sent to the tracker, even for a custom level. Please do not abuse this, and don't release any levels where the player fights the Pen until 1.0.1 has been released.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 14 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

@edwards, on Feb 14 2007, 03:22 PM, said in Final Boss Script:

WARNING: In 1.0.0, there is a bug with the Pen Tip sprite such that if you destroy it, your time will be sent to the tracker, even for a custom level. Please do not abuse this, and don't release any levels where the player fights the Pen until 1.0.1 has been released.

I love that bug :wub:

Heh. But I'd much rather not cheat. Thanks for the info Edwards.