It seems our Forum might have some competition

www.sketchfighter.com

It seems that there is a fan of SketchFighter willing to go the extra mile.

it's the first Unofficial Forum for Sketchfighter that I've found.

http://www.sketchfighter.com/

The person in charge of the site seems like a good person. I don't have any issue with the site and forum. Feel free to post there as well as here should you like. almost anything is welcome here, so if you can post it there, most likely you can post it here.

Just wanted to let folks know.

:chuckles:

Interesting concept. I say we pin it up!

I'm surprised Ambrosia didn't register the domain... guess that it's less important now that everything is in Ambrosiasw.com anyway.

I saw that a couple days ago I'm curious as to who the person who registered it is.

The person who runs it is asking the same questions many members here did so before, maybe he doesn't know about this real forum?

@mackilroy, on Dec 21 2006, 10:46 PM, said in It seems our Forum might have some competition:

I saw that a couple days ago I'm curious as to who the person who registered it is.

do a whois

@indigo, on Dec 22 2006, 05:35 PM, said in It seems our Forum might have some competition:

do a whois

go daddy software, inc, which is a domain name seller.

Registered only last Monday.

Heh. He can't even spell "unofficial". 😛

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 22 2006, 11:39 AM, said in It seems our Forum might have some competition:

I'm surprised Ambrosia didn't register the domain...

Me too. They have EVNova.com (which just redirects to ambrosiasw.com) and it isn't very good if other people go around registering official sounding names for their own 'unnoficial' sites.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Dec 22 2006, 08:31 PM, said in It seems our Forum might have some competition:

Heh. He can't even spell "unofficial". 😛

OMG XD

I wouldnt say that the forum is a site on its own, but a compliment to the rest of the site to come. I am working hard on help pages for each item, and boss.

This post has been edited by Nerd : 01 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

Hey,
The forum didnt get picked up by the community, and got abused. So I took off the forum, and direct people who want the forum, back to here. It was fun while it lasted!
The main site will stay up, and walkthroughs will get posted from time to time. Has anyone reading this used any of my walkthroughs?

So when someone click on forum, they get sent here directly?

@kauthor, on Feb 2 2007, 03:39 PM, said in It seems our Forum might have some competition:

So when someone click on forum, they get sent here directly?

No, you're just getting a 404 bug. 😛

@freq245, on Feb 2 2007, 09:49 AM, said in It seems our Forum might have some competition:

No, you're just getting a 404 bug. 😛

^lol^

The competition isn't that great:

here(/url)

They also have a page explaining how to remove/change the music. For shame.

Overall the site has a lot of good information, though I think they could use a better design.

This post has been edited by Destroyer E : 02 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

The site is just a quick template i whipped up. i took the forum link off the main site, but if you go to sketchfighter.com/forum is comes up with a page that will take you to the sketchfighter.com home, or the ambrosia forums site. The music change page is still there, on the blog.

This post has been edited by roundobi : 03 February 2007 - 01:21 PM