Minor Ice Caves Boss

A hint, please, not the answer.

Are the turrets supposed to do my work for me here, and shoot toward each other, thus killing the center thingy, or am I supposed to do it? I have all colors, and the beam, super pellets, super wave, and homing pellets. I have a third ship upgrade and 200% shields. Am I missing an upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
~Callide

You are supposed to kill the thing yourself, and none of the upgrades you are missing are essential for this fight.

Edwards

Doh! Too easy. Thank you.

@edwards, on Jan 1 2007, 11:52 PM, said in Minor Ice Caves Boss:

You are supposed to kill the thing yourself, and none of the upgrades you are missing are essential for this fight.

Edwards

How? It wasn't too easy for me? I've been throwing everything I've got (same assortment as above) at both the turrets and the center thing, and I may as well be using harsh language. HELP!

Also, what's up on this board with the blacked out text. Is there any way to read that?

Thanks.

--Cris

@cris, on Jan 6 2007, 08:16 PM, said in Minor Ice Caves Boss:

How? It wasn't too easy for me? I've been throwing everything I've got (same assortment as above) at both the turrets and the center thing, and I may as well be using harsh language. HELP!

Also, what's up on this board with the blacked out text. Is there any way to read that?

Thanks.

--Cris

The blacked out text is to hide spoilers from the eyes of those who don't wish to read them. To view it, just highlight it.

And I assume everyone's talking about the Guardian that protects the super beam upgrade. I've never been able to kill the thing and always assumed it was indestructible. However, it's easy enough to just fly past it and get the upgrade.

@cheleball, on Jan 6 2007, 11:25 PM, said in Minor Ice Caves Boss:

The blacked out text is to hide spoilers from the eyes of those who don't wish to read them. To view it, just highlight it.

And I assume everyone's talking about the Guardian that protects the super beam upgrade. I've never been able to kill the thing and always assumed it was indestructible. However, it's easy enough to just fly past it and get the upgrade.

Thanks for the info, but this is more like a Boss in that you're sealed in with it, presumably until it's dead.

@cheleball, on Jan 6 2007, 09:25 PM, said in Minor Ice Caves Boss:

No, we're talking about the shielded Carrier with two attached Skull Turrets that guards the

Spoiler

300% shields

. This particular boss is a full mini boss, and, as Cris says, locks you in with it until you kill it. As for how to kill it, I can assure anybody that has reached it that they have the correct armament to kill it.

As for the Super Beam Guardian, if you look carefully (very carefully- if you stop to look it will probably kill you 😉 ), you will see a symbol on its back. Look at that, and think about where else you have seen such symbols, and you will come to the path to destroying it.

Edwards

@edwards, on Jan 7 2007, 12:39 AM, said in Minor Ice Caves Boss:

No, we're talking about the shielded Carrier with two attached Skull Turrets that guards the

Spoiler

300% shields

. This particular boss is a full mini boss, and, as Cris says, locks you in with it until you kill it. As for how to kill it, I can assure anybody that has reached it that they have the correct armament to kill it.

As for the Super Beam Guardian, if you look carefully (very carefully- if you stop to look it will probably kill you 😉 ), you will see a symbol on its back. Look at that, and think about where else you have seen such symbols, and you will come to the path to destroying it.

Edwards

OK, I think I've got it.

This post has been edited by Cris : 07 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

Cris, were you successful? If not, where have you encountered skull turrets before? How did you deal with them? I found it's about choosing the right weapon. Good luck.

How I did it, it's pretty easy:

Spoiler

First, switch to the wave gun. Then get in. Keep in the door until the turrets shoot (they usually don't get to you, but if they do, move). Then get out, thoot at the drone and get back to the door. Do these steps over and over, until it dies. (It might take some times, I beat it in 1 try, wtf)