How to kill the Ice Caves Boss?

I can more or less barely evade the needles, but the thing keeps ramming me into death. I often get caught by one of its shields and then can't escape anymore. That, or it stops in front of me, turns me and kills me with the invisible forcefield on its back (or the bad collision detection, fact is I get hurt by its back although I'm not touching it).
Can anyone give me a tip how I can kill this thing? I got the pellet and beam upgrades, but that doesn't help anything.

Use the super beam and missiles. Once it turns to face you and stops, get away because it will ram you. Make sure you never get into a spot where you don't have enough room to move out of its way.

Using missiles, it will die so fast you shouldn't have to worry.

You indeed need to evade it when it's ramming you, if you can see when he begins ramming you that it's not going to stop before the wall, then you need to attract it to a direction where you have the most possible distance already, then run around it so that it has to turn to keep following you, buying you time until it stops. It's a very interesting battle IMHO.

Or you could just wait for an opening and twitch you firing fingers as fast as you can. It doesn't really have much life, if you hit it hard you can probably get away with only dodging it once.

cheleball Missiles, huh? You actually manage to hit it with the missles? Geez, I only hit the ice.

Zacha Pedro That's what I'm trying to do, but usually the ice missiles hit me. When ramming, it only pursues me for a short time then stops, if I can lure it close to a wall, I can stay save at the opposite wall, cuz it won't hit me. But the thing is, I either avoid the boss itself, or the ice missiles.

Veritus Darta You must have a weapon I don't have. I have the twin mean you have to get out of the part of the ice maze with the many invisible walls, where that nasty enemy is that shoots huge bullets which I can't kill. If I'm lucky, I can reduce it to like half health, then it gets me.

General question: is there a color it is especially vulnerable to? Like red, cuz it's fire?

@arion, on Dec 16 2006, 04:11 PM, said in How to kill the Ice Caves Boss?:

I have the twin mean you have to get out of the part of the ice maze with the many invisible walls, where that nasty enemy is that shoots huge bullets which I can't kill.

I'm not really sure what this sentence means. Do you or do you not have the super beam? If you don't, it would be worth it to try to kill that guy by the invisible walls first, as the upgrade he is protecting will allow you to fight the boss from farther away. You just need to hammer at him with missles, and be able to dodge a shot or two. You might even be able to use super pellets' bouncing to hit him before you are directly near him, and thus before he can hurt you at all.

However, being able to hit the Ice Cave boss with missiles is really the key to beating it. It does take some careful aiming, but they do a lot of damage quickly.

This post has been edited by Veritus Dartarion : 16 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

@veritus-dartarion, on Dec 17 2006, 01:23 AM, said in How to kill the Ice Caves Boss?:

I'm not really sure what this sentence means. Do you or do you not have the super beam? If you don't, it would be worth it to try to kill that guy by the invisible walls first, as the upgrade he is protecting will allow you to fight the boss from farther away. You just need to hammer at him with missles, and be able to dodge a shot or two. You might even be able to use super pellets' bouncing to hit him before you are directly near him, and thus before he can hurt you at all.

However, being able to hit the Ice Cave boss with missiles is really the key to beating it. It does take some careful aiming, but they do a lot of damage quickly.

I have the beam, I got it by avoiding said enemy, as it seemed invincible to me. It shot me down rather quickly, so I just went in and left as fast as I could.

I did manage to beat it now, with missiles. I actually went back until I was in the factory refill my stock of missiles so I'd enter the battle with more than 3.
Whoa... I hope I'll never loose that saved game.

If you use the secret magic meter you can beat it much easier. Fireball is an especially good spell.

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 16 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

^ 😄 wrong game

I suspect it was a stab at humour. 😛

i guess so 🙂

Well, the strategy definetly work. My brain is tired.

I pretty much stayed next to the black barrier once it closed, using the left corner of the wall as protection (I did have to venture out of my hole a few times, offensively). This seemed to keep the boss at the left of the room, and most of the ice dagger thingys came at me from the right.

My strategy on this was mostly about speed so I wouldnt have to dodge anything much, I missiled it like twice in the start, dodged it, waited for it to stop and spammed missiles at it again. dead boss.

I made a walkthrough on my site for it. Has pictures, tips, and more.
http://sketchfighter...ngun/index.html
See if that helps, for anyone who cant beat the boss.
There are also descriptions and comments for almost all the enemies.
They are here:
http://sketchfighter...mies/index.html

Well, well!

We welcome you!

a game guide! bet Mack's will be better... but yours is good work! not to degrade you, sorry...

Always nice to see "the enemy" entering our club. 😉

At least I made one. And I dont think there are any other enemy databases floating around. And i dont think i am an enemy personally. But i guess thats just me.