Second Volcano boss

@sheldonc, on Dec 24 2006, 12:11 AM, said in Second Volcano boss:

One interesting thing I found out... if you have 100% health when you enter the tunnel to the boss, the rocks right in front of the entrance yield a rocket. Otherwise, you get a health.

And another "secret" trick found out by our forum members.

🙂

i knew that...

@sheldonc, on Dec 23 2006, 06:11 PM, said in Second Volcano boss:

One interesting thing I found out... if you have 100% health when you enter the tunnel to the boss, the rocks right in front of the entrance yield a rocket. Otherwise, you get a health.

Does this work if you have >100% health (from the racetrack upgrade) but not a full 200%?

@zqipper, on Dec 27 2006, 07:19 PM, said in Second Volcano boss:

Does this work if you have >100% health (from the racetrack upgrade) but not a full 200%?

You always have to have the maximum of available shields for your ship. So after the second shield upgrade 200% and after the third 300%.

This was one of the hardest bosses for me as well, made me pilot better and stuff it took me like 5 tries to kill it.

My advice for beating the boss normally is well... get behind it properly right at start and shoot tons of missiles while shooting your beam at it, its health should be way down when it lays its first mines, then just take out the mines (you can do this with the beam too) and repeat shooting everything at that thing in its back.

@xaerock, on Dec 28 2006, 03:35 PM, said in Second Volcano boss:

This was one of the hardest bosses for me as well, made me pilot better and stuff it took me like 5 tries to kill it.

My advice for beating the boss normally is well... get behind it properly right at start and shoot tons of missiles while shooting your beam at it, its health should be way down when it lays its first mines, then just take out the mines (you can do this with the beam too) and repeat shooting everything at that thing in its back.

It isn't even neccessary to stop attacking its weak point to kill the mines, doing so after beating the boss is easier, especially because they destroy themselves after some seconds.

Well, i was afraid of mines at that point of the game 😛