@thelordgod, on Dec 18 2006, 06:54 PM, said in Endgame Strategy:
I've been beating my head on the final battle for several days now, with no success.
I've been relying on the Blue Super Homing gun to pass the first wave, then switch to the Blue Superwave to get everybody else.
Trouble is, even with the health bonuses I usually come to the final boss with less than 200%.
I know the final boss' weak spot and what to hit him with, but between my lowered shields, and those squiggles, it's only a few taps from the big guy, and I'm toast.
Any strategy advice would be appreciated. Should I alter my gun selection? Any advice for avoiding the big guy? Any way to kill or neutralize the squiggles?
I think your gun selection is very sound. However, here's my piece of advice:
1. Breathe and relax
2. Use the Esc key to take breaks from the battle
3. Use your missiles, even in the preliminary battles.
4 Detach yourself from the battle. Observe5. yourself as you engage the beasts.
5. Stay near the edge of the arena. You can stay there for a long time without worrying much about the Boss hitting you. Occasionallly you have to move up or down a bit, but otherwise, the Boss's attacks are pretty random.
6. Do not get discouraged. I am still trying to beat the Pen in Hard Mode. I know I'll do it.
7. If you play EV Nova, think of this as an upgrade course for your combat and flying skills.
8. Embrace your good luck when it comes.