Breeding slimes (images)

How many can you breed before you die? (Wave gun required!)

Step 1. Find some slimes in a wall
Posted Image

Step 2. Breed!
Posted Image

Step 3. Breed some more.
Posted Image

Step 4. Die : /
Posted Image

movie here (Quicktime 7):
http://www.zerothframe.com/sketchfighter/s...erslimesv02.mov

Hahhahaahhahaha awsome! was the engine able to handle that kind of spawn rate ?

For awhile.. if you look in the video, it gets laggy towards the end, about 3 seconds later (game wise) I was dead, but it got laggy enough that it slowed down to about 1 fps or less. That's when all the slimes started spawning outside the wall (hence my immediate death)

That's quite the amusing video. Nice find.

Holy crap!

ZP always mentioned 4 small blobs out of 1 big one isn't a good thing. 😛

Well, three small out of one big would be fine by me, and it would keep allowing such wonderful experiments! I have no problem with the possibility of having blobs multiply in this way.

But yeah, definitely watch your lava blobs or you'll have a blob invasion on your hands. Unless you're doing so on purpose, in which case it's at your own peril...

I didn't know that blobs could be that lethal! I'll have to watch myself next time I find myself playing around with them...

Heh...it has to do with the Special Merge Operation for the Lava Blobs..during beta times, in some betas, the Special Merge Operation was way off.

@kauthor, on Dec 9 2006, 02:32 PM, said in Breeding slimes (images):

Heh...it has to do with the Special Merge Operation for the Lava Blobs..during beta times, in some betas, the Special Merge Operation was way off.

Do tell?

I think it makes no sense that when there are two blobs and they form one large one, thatnwhen you destroy the large one, it spaws four. Unbalanced in my opinion, but cool for something like this lol

@-sw--spartan-327, on Dec 9 2006, 02:37 PM, said in Breeding slimes (images):

I think it makes no sense that when there are two blobs and they form one large one, thatnwhen you destroy the large one, it spaws four. Unbalanced in my opinion, but cool for something like this lol

It is unbalanced because it creates a challenge. The little ones are easier to kill, and if you can kill them down to one, then there's no worries. If they only spawned two, then it would be too easy to kill the only other blob and alienate the other one.

@adam_0, on Dec 9 2006, 11:34 PM, said in Breeding slimes (images):

Do tell?

For example 2 small blobs were able to merge to three or four big ones.

I just had to try this, and I nearly crashed my computer (1ghz Powerbook G4). It took about 4 minutes from the time the music stopped playing and the game came to a grinding halt for my computer to process my death, being mobbed by a mass of bllobs.

You must have an Intel Mac or something, if you were getting 1fps out of it. Mine was like 1fpm (frame per minute)!

@freq245, on Dec 9 2006, 11:40 PM, said in Breeding slimes (images):

For example 2 small blobs were able to merge to three or four big ones.

That would be the end of the world much sooner than this example... :blink:

well, i was going t add my own images, but i guess not. it keeps telling me i cant upload anything because i am over the limit (even though i have 0 attatchemnts and the images are each 100k.....)

@edwin-, on Dec 11 2006, 03:53 AM, said in Breeding slimes (images):

well, i was going t add my own images, but i guess not. it keeps telling me i cant upload anything because i am over the limit (even though i have 0 attatchemnts and the images are each 100k.....)

You could try uploading them on imageshack and then use the img tags.

Poke

Okay, looks like things work around here.

Now that's awesome! I even got through the opposite wall and explored a bit! great "glitch".

Yay for SketchFighter failing at collision detection! 😛