Volcano BabyBoss (Mini Boss)

It's very easy to beat it, but just when I get out of the lava, I die. Spoilers please.
(Guess: must get the anti-lava upgrade)

Even on the hard setting, I was able to beat this boss, get the new powerup and get out, I hope you took the health that the boss spawns? (you are talking about the bug with the two shields on its side, correct?)

The anti lava upgrade would indeed help, but it's possible to do without that. The upgrade from the race track helps loads too.

I got in, beat the guy, took the health he left when he died, and used that to get out.

Yeah, the bug with 2 shields. I found ONLY 2 health pickups. Wasn't enough..I died on the last piece of lava dots...
I didn't try my rockets, maybe that works on not taking much damage from him..

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 13 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

@firefalcon, on Dec 13 2006, 02:57 PM, said in Volcano BabyBoss (Mini Boss):

Yeah, the bug with 2 shields. I found ONLY 2 health pickups. Wasn't enough..I died on the last piece of lava dots...
I didn't try my rockets, maybe that works on not taking much damage from him..

I normally stop moving after entering the room, because the mini boss fires randomly and doesn't aim at you.

In fact, the invisible turret on its back desperately tries to aim towards you, but the bug moves so much that it rarely actually fires towards you.