Suggestion for Multiplay Co-Op (and one in general)

The status bar on the top is quite annoying because you can't see through it. I sometims get killed by laser shots coming from the top of the screen. I think the opacity (or alpha, whatever you want to call it) should be lowered, or the status bar split up (like in Competitive mode)

What you guys think? 🙂

Another smaller suggestion, keep the elsaticity of the (lol hydrogen) bond between the two players down when within a certian distance. This will make moving around a bit easier. Other than that, awsome (maybe an actual co op mode, where you have to go through one specific area as a team, and defeat the boss? Without a time restriction)

This post has been edited by (SW) Spartan 327 : 09 December 2006 - 02:14 PM

You'd be able to play this if the custom multiplayer maps were included in 1.0.1, but then you probably wouldn't be able to submit your score to the high scores list.

Both good ideas..

Why is the time limit 4 minutes btw? I'd love to try beating all the bosses in crazy zone in a time-attack-way but there is only enough time to beat 2-3.

Also, it would be sick if there was a way to play the single-player co-op as a team. Of course it would have to be made so that if anyone picked up an upgrade, both people got it..

Even better if you don't have to be tethered together, but could roam freely throughout the levels. Oh man.

Of course, I also wish there were more campaigns, seeing as people can beat the entire single player in less than an hour... hehe.

@xel, on Dec 9 2006, 10:48 PM, said in Suggestion for Multiplay Co-Op (and one in general):

Both good ideas..

Why is the time limit 4 minutes btw? I'd love to try beating all the bosses in crazy zone in a time-attack-way but there is only enough time to beat 2-3.

Also, it would be sick if there was a way to play the single-player co-op as a team. Of course it would have to be made so that if anyone picked up an upgrade, both people got it..

Even better if you don't have to be tethered together, but could roam freely throughout the levels. Oh man.

Of course, I also wish there were more campaigns, seeing as people can beat the entire single player in less than an hour... hehe.

You can beat all of the bosses in Crazy Zone. simX and I have done it. And we had about 30 secs to spare.

As to beating the entire game in less than an hour, that is just the time on the clock. My fastest run ended with almost 200 deaths (I think), and took about four hours of real time.

xander

@xel, on Dec 9 2006, 03:48 PM, said in Suggestion for Multiplay Co-Op (and one in general):

If any form of saving is implemented for single-player maps, I'm quite sure that there will be several very large-scale maps to play eventually. Possibly even some larger than the current game, depending on whether there are any significant technical restrictions on the size of custom maps.

@darwinian, on Dec 9 2006, 04:24 PM, said in Suggestion for Multiplay Co-Op (and one in general):

You can beat all of the bosses in Crazy Zone. simX and I have done it. And we had about 30 secs to spare.

I'll confirm that it's possible to beat the Crazy Zone with plenty of time to spare- Newt and I did a three minute run a few days ago, and I think it would be possible to shave another 15-25 seconds off of that time. Of course, three of the four people who are known to have completed that level with time left over also currently hold most of the top twenty multiplayer scores, and the fourth holds four of the top five single-player scores, so your results may vary.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 09 December 2006 - 11:51 PM

I asked Lars, and he told that maps should scale well, since everything that's too far away from you is culled out and not drawn, moved, or considered for collision detection. Of course, I hope you will stop before doing multi-megabyte maps...

Yes, the best times are merely 30 minutes (right now), but remember these are indeed 30 minutes as if you never died, practically speaking (especially for doing such time runs) it takes hours of actual time playing on the computer to do this, not to mention that you do such time runs only when you've already completed the game once, and the first time when you discover everything is the most interesting. So I'd say you have many hours of play life. And then you have the custom levels and multiplayer...

Just out of curiosity, what was the best single player time during the beta? Using the route that I currently use, I think I can shave maybe another minute off of the time, but not much more than that. Does that time come close to the best beta times, or do I need to find another route?

xander

As I said in the challenge topic, "I won't reveal the exact time, it'll be a surprise." You will see when I'll explode your time in 20 days now. 🙂

But I think all of our best times were at 100% done, so it should be possible to beat them by not collecting everything.

Back on topic mb.