Volcano and Ice Cave questions

Two places where I'm flummoxed:

1. Opening the gate to the star in the Volcano -- the one in the area that's green-gated off. I saw that someone mentioned looking in the heavy lava area, but I've been poking around everywhere to no avail.

2. Getting past the icicles that block off the missle pack and one of the stars in the Ice Cave. I haven't seen any other posts about this, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. I have all four guns and plenty of missiles. Is there some extra equipment I need?

Thanks

@bort99, on Dec 6 2006, 08:27 PM, said in Volcano and Ice Cave questions:

Two places where I'm flummoxed:

1. Opening the gate to the star in the Volcano -- the one in the area that's green-gated off. I saw that someone mentioned looking in the heavy lava area, but I've been poking around everywhere to no avail.

2. Getting past the icicles that block off the missle pack and one of the stars in the Ice Cave. I haven't seen any other posts about this, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. I have all four guns and plenty of missiles. Is there some extra equipment I need?

Thanks

1. The one on the right by the Super Wave, right? The heavy lava area is indeed where you want to be, in a part not far from there. The switch is one of the ones in a wall, and isn't disguised or doing anything sneaky. You just need to look a bit more, I'm sure.

2. If you try every weapon combination on it you'll get one that works, and then you'll want to hit yourself because of how obvious it suddenly seems. 🙂

@veritus-dartarion, on Dec 6 2006, 10:30 PM, said in Volcano and Ice Cave questions:

1. The one on the right by the Super Wave, right?

I was thinking it was the other one, near the Crab. It has a bright green gate in front of the passage leading to it, and is visible without opening any gates, which cannot be said for the star you think it is.

If this is the case, Bort, then the gate that you need to open has a cable connected to it. Follow it, and then follow Veritus' instructions for question two about trying weapons, complete with the wanting to hit yourself because of how obvious it seems in retrospect.

Edwards

I did mean the one near the crab. Got both -- thanks guys.