Pathfinding glitch?

Capture the Statue issue

Hey all, very excited to finally be able to play Multiwinia. I'm currently using the trial version, but I had some trouble with the Capture the Statue level that's available. I start off, and after my darwinians pick up the statue to my right, their path takes them all the way up and around the mountain, towards the enemy darwinians. I can select them and tell them to go directly to my capture zone and that seems to work, but shouldn't they be going that way in the first place?

Thanks all for your help

Yes, they should be. On the same subject, when I'm the team that's usually the CPU my multiwinians will take the statue near the south-east corner of the island towards the enemy's capture zone, and I have to tell them where to take it manually.

You should be able to click the icon above the statue to select the DGs that are carrying it. You can then right-click to direct them where you want, as you would normally order them about. If that doesn't work, you can select the DGs by drawing a selection circle around the statue (i.e. left-click and hold near the statue), and order the DGs about as usual.

Also, while we are on the topic, there are a couple of places in a couple of the CtS levels where the pathfinding is known to be a bit of a problem. If you can grab screenshots of the offending places (preferably with the path that the statue is taking shown), I can forward them to Introversion's trouble shooting or beta forums.

xander

Okay, first of all I can't select the icon above the statue in order to show the path the statue is taking the proper way. That could be a bit of a problem. So I took two screenies of the statue in motion:

Picture 1

Picture 2

As you can see, the statue is moving towards Blue's "safety zone". When I get glimpses of the statue's path (when the statue has been picked up) the path is going for the long route to the red safety zone, e.g. around that mountain bend.

Ah. That one. It has been a problem for a while, and IV still haven't fixed it. So, your best bet is to pay attention to such statues and control them manually.

xander

There is a similar problem with the statues on the Scorched Earth CtS map. You know, the one with lightning and dark forests on the corners. The statues on the corners are the ones with the problem. Looking from every player's base, the statues to that player's left will go towards the opponent to the left's score zone. However, the statue to each player's right will be taken to the player's own score zone.

Is that clear enough? I can try and clarify if needed. I couldn't get screen shots because I can't remember how to do that. Usually I just accidentally hit the screenshot button. Although, they do make for good desktop pictures...

Anyway, there's a problem with that map.