Yard

Ant Hills

Ok, I've finished everything on this level except I can't get rid of the ants. I got the thing making armor. I take one of them over to load it up with Darwinians, I drive it over to the valley where the ants are, I deploy the battle cannon, and start shooting, but it doesn't kill the ants or damage the ant hills. Then the ants come over and drag the darwinians out of the tank or armor or what ever the usless piece of #*%# is. I worked for hours trying to beat this level and now I'm affraid I have to start all over, because I'm running out of Darwinians. What the heck!?!?!?

By the way, the instructions Dr. Sapulveda gives aren't very good. Most of the stuff you just have to figuer out on your own. This imaginary Doc. of your's is a bit of a twit.

Please someone help me with the Yard.

When you first get cannons, they have very little range. This is something that is being fixed in the forthcoming patch (the patch is in beta on Linux and Windows, and will hopefully make it to Mac beta soon). As to how to beat the level, this is what I do:

First, deploy several armour as close to the ant hills as possible. Deploy them in groups of two or three, so that they can cover eachother. DO NOT send in any DGs yet -- just get the cannons up. Once you have several cannons up, send in as many DGs as possible to both man the cannons, and guard those that are manning the cannons. If you have not upgraded the DGs, this won't work.

If you do not want to use cannons (and you don't have to, by the way), try using squads with airstrikes. The ants will more or less ignore the Squads unless they are shooting or right on top of them. This will allow you to get squads into position and get a couple of flares off. Ant hills don't last long against invaders.

I hope that helps a bit. I, too, became very frustrated with Yard my first time through. Good luck.

xander

You can send in an engineer by sea to capture one of the control towers in the ant zone. You might lose a few engineers, but keep trying, you'll get one eventually. Then just use squads.

DO NOT capture all three right away. The game saves when you capture buildings, and I've had trouble with crashes occuring before I can beat Yard. You want to capture one of the control towers every time you destroy 2-3 ant hills.