EV/EVO Chronicles: TNW: Part III

Well, here's part three (obviously). I know, the last one was kind of short, but I found that that last sentence made a perfect ending point.

The current Commander-in-Chief of the UE Navy practically fainted when he heard the news.

"GODDAMNIT, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" he shrilled at a subordinate for no particular reason.

"I—I don't know, sir," the subordinate replied shakily.

The C-in-C sucked in air, trying to keep himself from tearing apart the comm system before him. "So," he said, forcing himself to stay calm, "you are telling me that Brian Pilot is dead?"

"Yes, sir." The subordinate was all but screaming in fright.

"All right, Mr. Williams. Tell me, was he killed by a Voinian?"

"I think so, sir."

"Fool. Voinians do not take hostages. They simply kill. Immediate death. Go find out what species they were before I knock your sorry ass out on the street and leave you there."

Williams was shaking wildly now.

"GO, DAMNIT!"

Williams ran toward the bridge exit of the UES Gallant and dashed through it.

Williams sent out hail messages in every direction conceivable. He really had no clue how to find out the species. Then, a transmission suddenly came through. It repeated his message.

"Attention: UE ship in search of Voinian fleet. Fleet consists of a Dreadnought, three Cruisers, five Frigates, twelve Interceptors, and fifteen Heavy Fighters. Anyone who can be of assistance, please respond."

He'd exaggerated the numbers. He wanted more attention.

Then, a cold, deep voice crackled through. "Fool. You think that exaggerating our numbers will earn you more attention?"

The voice reminded him of his father. Oh, how he hated his father. Memories danced throughout his head...

_"YOU ARE GOING TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM THIS VERY INSTANT, YOUNG MAN, AND IT BETTER BE SPOTLESS BY THE TIME I GET BACK OR YOU WILL SUFFER SEVERE CONSEQUENCES! IS THAT CLEAR?"

"Yes," Williams replied with so much fright in his voice, it was hard to tell what he was saying.

"YES WHAT?"

"Sir."

His father marched out the door. In a few hours, he would return._

Williams shook the momory away.

"ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?" the voice cried over the intercom.

Williams must have looked like one pathetic dude. People liked to yell at him.

"Yes!" he hollered back. It was a lie, but it was the first time he had been able to raise his voice to a scary person. But then, it was just a voice. He probably would have been shaking as usual had he seen the figure in person.

"Good. As I was saying, this is the RFS Headhunter, a Voinian Dreadnought. Surrender, or you will be eliminated."

"What happened to Brian?"

"Oh, the pathetic human? Dead. He was of little use to us anyway, though, so it doesn't matter to us."

"What species are you? You said RFS—are you Romulan?"

"Clever, aren't we? Now that you've solved the puzzle, surrender immediately or die!"

"How did you get these Voinian ships, especially the Dreadnought?"

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SILLY GAME! I WILL ANSWR NO FURTHER QUESTIONS! SURRENDER WITHING THE NEXT THIRTY SECONDS OR BE DESTROYED!"

"Never."

"THEN YOU SHALL DIE, PATHETIC HUMANS!"

He opened fire.

The ship shook with the impact of multiple rockets at once. Then it launched its Fighters and began scorching the ship's hull with its Enhanced Neutron Turrets. Throughout it all, klaxons rang like mad throughout the Cruiser. People swore uncontrollably. The five UE Fighters were launched, the Rockets armed and ready, Hunter Missiles firing as fast as they could.

The rest of the fleet appeared and wiped the five Fighters out in four and half seconds.

But then, more ships appeared. Turncoats.

Renegades.

"AS IF IT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH TO HAVE A HUGE FLEET OF VOINIAN SHIPS ON OUR TAIL!" someone yelled. "NOW WE HAVE RENEGADES!"

Kraits swarmed the ship. Kraits were pitiful against a UE cruiser alone, or in small groups. But if thirty swarm it at once and there are no Fighters left, they are no longer Pathetic.

They are lethal.

The Cruiser prepared to jump out of the system. The shield bearing read as 10%, then 4%, and then, the shields were down completely. The ship began shooting through space.

The other ships followed.

When they dropped out of hyperspace, the enemy fleet was so massive, they knew they had no chance.

Ten seconds later, the UES gallant was but bits of metal floating through space.

Do the good guys ever get a break in your series!!! I mean I have yet to find a single identfiabe character in the plot that has lived for more then five paragraphs!

------------------
In one hand he held his Sunspot 210 spot light and in the other an old M-40 machine pistol blaster; to slaughter any blood sucking aliens. He smirked, for someone who had just hit twenty-three he really had an over active imagination, he repeated what his mother used to tell him. “There are no aliens, just ferocious monsters under the bed.” Come to think of it, she was a very bizarre woman.

Romulans? Star Trek is over that way ----->

------------------
Man have pity on man

So... is it over...?

Interesting.

------------------
You know, I was going to let you become part of my most erotic fantasies, but you can just forget it, write it off!
I keep thinking there has to be something better out there, because if there wasn't, I'd just curl up in a larval position and weep.

Originally posted by Jas86:
Romulans? Star Trek is over that way ----- >

I wanted to be consistent with the first installment, so I called them the Romulans. Read my post there.

Interloper: I know, it's evil. But the idea is to give you a feeling of how many people die in a war or anything similar. :mad: (closest I could get to a "devil" smilie :p)

------------------
The programmer's code of entomology: there's always another bug.
Windows users: stop asking for plugins. (url="http://"http://www.aznt.com/EVN/EVNEW/")Make one yourself.(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.cwssoftware.com")Sephil Saga Website(/url)