Ambrosia Software Releases pop-pop Universal Binary

ROCHESTER, New York -- September 5, 2007 -- Ambrosia Software, Inc. announced today the release of pop-pop 1.0.5. This release brings support for PowerPC and Intel-based Macs, and also provides enhancements to the pulse-quickening arcade game.

Posted ImagePosted Image

pop-pop is a unique fusion of pulse-quickening arcade game action and Internetworkable combat that's more addictive (and more colorful) than a handful of jellybeans. Pick your pop and enter the bright happy world of fierce brick-bashing combat, where your paddle is your weapon, and your pop-fu must be strong to survive.

This updated version, free to registered users of pop-pop, may be downloaded here:

http://www.AmbrosiaS.../games/pop-pop/

pop-pop 1.0.5 includes the following improvements and changes:

-- pop-pop is now a Universal Binary that runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs

-- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard WWDC Release

-- Various bug fixes and enhancements

pop-pop has over 100 built-in puzzle levels if you want to play solo to sharpen your pop-pop'ing skills, or play against the viciously aggressive computer AI pops for a test of your mettle. The real challenge of your pop-worth, however, is when you enter the Internet arena to play against other pop-pop players all over the world!

pop-pop has a built-in Ambrosia game tracker that allows you to easily find other people to play against. Best of all, pop-pop is playable from anywhere in the world, even over slow modem Internet connections.

pop-pop costs $25, requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later, and is a Universal Binary application.

Ambrosia Software, Inc. - publisher of award-winning programs for the Macintosh and Windows, distributes a full line of utility, productivity, and anti-productivity (game) software through the Internet as shareware. Unregistered versions of Ambrosia's products on DVD-ROM can be obtained at Ambrosia's web site, http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com or by calling Ambrosia's order center at 585.325.1910.

Media Contact:

John Champlin
Ambrosia Software, Inc.
pr@ambrosiasw.com

Nicely done. Good to see progression still ... progressing :). And I looked at the forums this morning, so this is pretty hot off the press! Now to actually take some time off WoW for this and other games ... yep, I'll keep telling myself that ><.

This is definitely a Good Thing.™ I was just recently thinking about it. Time to fire it back up!

(Edit after firing it back up: Wow, I discovered four years after initial release that my name was omitted from the Beta Tester list. Better get 1.0.6 ready! ;))

Woo hoo hoo! Let's get poppin! 😄

Maybe this can't be done for some apple legal reasons... but it would be incredible if you could release a version of Pop-Pop for the iPhone/iPod touch! I don't mean a web app, I mean a real app. What a perfect game for the iPhone/iPod touch!