Pop-Pop for Windows

The web-site says it can work on windows, but I can't find the windows download. What do I do?

------------------
"Did you try restarting your computer?"
"I unplug it every night to turn it off, if that's what you mean."
@!*&%# end users!

Pop pop for windows is (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/news/upcoming/winpop-pop_betashots.html")still in beta(/url).

------------------
Subvert the dominant paradigm. :)™

Originally posted by :redface::
**Pop pop for windows is still in beta.

And how long will it be in beta?

It will be in beta for as long as it needs to be in beta, not one minute longer than needed.

------------------
If you think I'm being mean, please tell me. I was actually going for NASTY!!

One of my friends said that he can download pop-pop for windows on his computer. I am guessing that he was just joking, correct me if I am wrong.

Well, he could be a beta tester.

Perhaps I ought to explain about betas. Often when a product has all of it's features implemented, the developer will send a version of the product, called a beta version, to a select number of testers, or he will make the public able to download it. The testers or the public will send bug reports in to the developer, who will then fix them and release a second beta version. Some developers differ in their methods of naming their betas. Ambrosia and most other companies call them (surprise!) beta 1, beta 2, etc. Others name them in decimals depending on how far they think it is from the final version (ex. .63 means the developer thinks it's about 63 percent from it's final version). Anyways, a developer cannot predict how many betas there will be since he cannot predict how many bugs there will be.

After several betas, a developer may feel confident enough to release a FC version (Final Candidate). It basically means that if the testers find nothing wrong, then that will be the version issued to the masses. This term can also be called "Gold Version".

Commercial games are always sent out to only a few hand-chosen testers. Shareware games are generally the same way. Thus the only way your friend could have downloaded pop-pop for Windows is if he is a beta tester.

------------------
Motion is impossible:
If an archer fired an arrow at a target, it would have to travel halfway before reaching the target. To reach that distance, the arrow would first need to travel halfway. To reach that distance, the arrow would first need to travel halfway. To reach that distance, the arrow would first need to travel halfway. To reach that distance, the arrow would first need to travel halfway. To reach that distance, the arrow would first need to travel halfway...

(This message has been edited by Thunderforge (edited 01-11-2004).)

Originally posted by Thunderforge:
**Well, he could be a beta tester.

Well, unless the beta version is open to the public...
Yea, I would know if he was with Ambrosia. Thanks!