1.0.2... do i need it?

I'm not running os x and pop-pop seems to be working fine for me...I was wondering if I really needed to upgrade. Will I still be able to play people online if I stick with the old version? Thanks for your time.
:)™

Originally posted by :redface::
I'm not running os x and pop-pop seems to be working fine for me...I was wondering if I really needed to upgrade. Will I still be able to play people online if I stick with the old version? Thanks for your time.

To be able to play everyone, I believe that you need to update to the latest version of pop-pop

------------------
With a name like anklebiter, you expect me to be nice?
What is anklebiter's birds up too? (url="http://"http://www.foxchange.com/~matt/anklecam/")click to find out!(/url)
-----------------

It's a good investment. Free, not a big dl. What's the problem?

------------------
Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things. It's worth bearing this in mind when visiting.
-Douglas Adams, Salmon of Doubt

Originally posted by :redface::
I was wondering if I really needed to upgrade.

Yes.

Will I still be able to play people online if I stick with the old version?

Originally posted by Danny:
**No.

The new version runs just as well on 9 (which is what I use) as the old one. The main difference is the cut-off time for unregistered users, but that's made up for (if you're unreged) by the fact that you can now more easily pop multiple bricks with a single ball.**

Also, a number of bugs were fixed, and mini-t's power was toned down so that he is actually okay to play against.

In addition, Rendezvous support was added for folks running 10.2, which makes finding LAN games very easy to do, and support for two player on the same machine running OS X was added (HID support).

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set...

Thanks for the info. I was beggining to suspect my need for the upgrade as no one was on the tracker...i mean even fewer than normal!
I'm downloading it now, and yes, i am registered. GREAT GAME!

------------------