The day the earth stood still.

He does, and it would, and I don't know why pop-pop isn't more popular :frown: It's easily the best game Ambrosia's ever published...

------------------

One reason the tracker has less people is because, after 20 days on the unregistered game you can't go on the tracker. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I was always registered.)

------------------
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes. No I didn't really mean that, put your glasses back on.
National Procrastination Week has been Postponed until next month
"I drank What?" -Socrates
Don't go chasing waterfalls, stick to rivers and lakes please- pop-pop

it's now to the point that even during the evening (EDT = -400 GMT), there are rarely more than 2-3 games. i'm beginning to feel as if i've wasted my money for registering since game volume has dropped so drastically since i got my code. a small number of games didn't bother me, but NO games, well...where's the fun in hearing "dance again...dance again...dance again..." as you sit online, alone?

Originally posted by Stormraven:
**One reason the tracker has less people is because, after 20 days on the unregistered game you can't go on the tracker. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I was always registered.)

That's not true, you can't host after 15 days or so, but you can still go on the tracker after at least 24.

------------------
"I hate that! Your answers are always short, precise, and utterly useless!"
"Yes."

I haven't had much time to go on over the last few weeks as business has gone through the roof, but surely there must be new people downloading the trial version. I know that Macs only account for 5% of internet traffic but in 3 months limewire clocked over 2.5 million (Mac) downloads, I would have thought a game like this would be able to muster at least a good 10k. It's time for action chaps... If we want some competition online log on to versiontracker, macgamefiles or other download site and give this game a 5 out of 5 rating, maybe then people might join our little community. Right.... I'm off to vote...

------------------
W.E.F.U.N.K.

Not sure if it's been suggested, since I havn't been to these boards in a while, but why doens't somone organize a player ladder? I know that when a ladder was started for Avara, a TON of old players came back, and stayed for a while as well... Maybe a ladder could have somewhat the same effect, and wouldn't clash with all the diffrent time-zones.

------------------
-Kyle "Vader" Blessing
-May the force be with you
Websites: (url="http://"http://www.MeteorArts.com")Meteor Arts(/url), (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/clanns/")Clan NS(/url)

hey, good idea. start a topic or something, and get on the tracker-see if you can defeat the Pop-Rocks 😉

------------------
Mr. Flibble Is Very
Cross...

Originally posted by bosk:
it's now to the point that even during the evening (EDT = -400 GMT), there are rarely more than 2-3 games. i'm beginning to feel as if i've wasted my money for registering since game volume has dropped so drastically since i got my code. a small number of games didn't bother me, but NO games, well...where's the fun in hearing "dance again...dance again...dance again..." as you sit online, alone?

Lucky bugger. I consider myself fortunate to find anyone in the tracker at all.

------------------
Sonderlich Die, welche sich "die Guten" heissen, fand ich als die giftigsten Fliegen: sie stechen in aller Unschuld, sie lügen in aller Unschuld; wie vermöchten sie, gegen mich--gerecht zu sein! ... Die Dummheit der Guten nämlich ist unergründlich. -- Friedrich Nietzsche, Also Sprach Zarathustra (7.19)
Is your semi-friendly moderator on the job? (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/spamguy/pictures/spamcam.jpg")Find out!(/url)

I too must comment on the absolute lack of people on the tracker these days. In addition, the web board is also getting quiet. It would be a shame for Pop-Pop to die a quiet death...it is such a good fun game. I think with just a little PR/tournaments/prodding/etc from the Ambrosia guys Pop-Pop could make a comeback...

------------------

Unfortunately any attempts I’ve made at bringing Ambrosia into some form of tournament/promotion haven’t even received as reply. As they say, you can bring a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. Macgamefiles have only had two thousand odd pop-pop downloads, yet it has nearly full marks on player ratings. Ambrosia don’t seem to be doing anything to promotes this game and don’t seem to want to play ball when somebody else tries to initiate something that would ultimately be to their benefit. I’m baffled, it seems we are becoming increasingly marginalised.

------------------
W.E.F.U.N.K.

There have been 15 members, and 28 guests on the forums within the last 30 minutes... So why aren't any of them in The Network Lounge???

------------------
W.E.F.U.N.K.

Originally posted by Baal:
**There have been 15 members, and 28 guests on the forums within the last 30 minutes... So why aren't any of them in The Network Lounge???

That is the number of members/guests that have been on the Ambrosia forums as a whole in the past 30 minutes. It's quite possible that none of those people were browsing the Pop-Pop forums...

------------------

I think this game can be nore popular if you guys at ambrosia would dvertise a little more.

I mean advertise.

Originally posted by Baal:
**Unfortunately any attempts I’ve made at bringing Ambrosia into some form of tournament/promotion haven’t even received as reply. As they say, you can bring a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. Macgamefiles have only had two thousand odd pop-pop downloads, yet it has nearly full marks on player ratings. Ambrosia don’t seem to be doing anything to promotes this game and don’t seem to want to play ball when somebody else tries to initiate something that would ultimately be to their benefit. I’m baffled, it seems we are becoming increasingly marginalised.

Baal,

It's easy enough to e-mail ambrosia saying "Make a tourny, or promote Pop-Pop more... oh yeah, I (mostlikey unexperiance in such things) will help". Now, I'm not sayign you are not able to help, but that is how they will mostlikely see it. Unless you can sort of "prove yourself worthy" by maybe showing them some work on the subject, I honestly doubt you will ever get a responce from Ambrosia. However, a good idea would be to ask some of the moderators who manage the Pop-Pop board, I belive that they would be more willing to help. Or, you could try to manage a task that large by yourself, or with some other Pop-Pop fans. Either way, you will have to put a lot of effort into something like that, and as you can see how it might overwhelm yourself, think of the people at Ambrosia, who are already working on many other things. They are suddenly asked by a peroson from their webboard to do this in addition to what they are already doing... It's not gonna happen, I'm sorry to say. If you go ahead with trying to get something started with they players, mods, whomever... let me know, and I will contribute what I can.

------------------
-Kyle "Vader" Blessing
-(url="http://"http://www.MeteorArts.com")MeteorArts(/url)

Well, I think I explained myself pretty well when I wrote to Ambrosia, I’m a web designer and marketer with over six years experience in the industry. I was going through a quite patch and offered to set up a dedicated tournament site using Flash and maybe SQL, and administer the tournament, but I got no reply. Even thanks but no thanks would have been nice. As it stands, I now have very little time to play the game let alone build a site and promote it. It seems however that ambrosia aren’t doing any form of promotion which is a shame, although most of us that where on the tracker 24/7 a few months ago all seem too busy to play on a regular basis. You would have thought that across the globe there must be more than 3 people that would want to play pop-pop at a time. As for me it looks like I’m going to have to leave my beloved Mac at home and switch to XP for work, which means I might not be on the Network lounge for months at a time (if there is still a pop-pop network by that time). Anyway back to the game, time is running out, better make the most of it!!! :frown:

------------------
W.E.F.U.N.K.