Technical Development

Informs LCA to check his inbox.

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

LCA stands duly informed ๐Ÿ™‚
thanx

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

Seulement l'ishman et humain AST est-il ล• ฤ™tre finsihed? Toute autre chose?

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Merci beaucoup pour tout ton travail. ๐Ÿ™‚
Esto mucho de l'autre chรถse a faire. Les Missilez de Cruise ont besoin de sprites.

Et aussi il y a des autres choses, eg techie systems a faire. Mais ce รงi est un
autre contract...

------------------

Le humain et ishman AST sont finis.

Quand je finis le cruise missile, je envoyez-les vous.

Oh man, my french is getting really shaky. I'm not sure I got that right... And i've only got a month before french 2 starts... Why is it that a language is really easy to learn, and then super-easy to forget? I was doing really great during the school year, but as soon as i'm out into the real world I forget most of it. Kinda bad for someone who won 2nd in state for french dialogue no?

------------------

Votre Franglais n'est pas mal Monsieur le CielFรถx!
J'attend les autres sprites.

Hmmm, my spoken French is better than my written, but still not so good heh!
I didn't find it that easy to learn either. Also, I had to learn the "real" French later
in France!

Keep em rollin...
Merci ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------

l'e-mail est on its way.

Anything you want improved? Different sizeing?

------------------

Improving...,

Hmm, the Sal CD could do with being bigger (should really be bigger than the carrier),
and more bulky, more like the carrier in fact, only more menacing....
Mais seulement si n'est pas de trouble....

------------------

Oops... Seems like i forgot the Bazidanese. Do you need ships for them?

------------------

Naah, the Bazidanese are only bit part players, and although they have a mighty empire they only appear to have one kind of warship, perhaps because it is easy to clone. Though they do have rater a lot of them.

Perhaps there are other kinds of ship we have not yet seen...
...there's a plot for a plug!

------------------

Eh, bigger Sal CD sent on its way. Sorry I took so much time getting around to it.

Juggling a Social life, XC running, Job, College Search, and Graphic Design is NOT easy. Especialy when your not a type A person... Man! summer is almost over...

------------------

I offer my services to you, LCA. Contact me on GR or e-mail me at argon_lazer@hotmail.com.

I specialize in weapons, mission programming...etc. But no graphics plz, I'm a terrible artist.

------------------
Beware the fury of a patient man.
------------------
Guest182, your average, everyday visitor.

LCA wakes up, having been caught asleep on the job again...
Dusts off cobwebs.

Hmmm, a voulenteer!
Your services will be invaluable. We are doing very well with ship sprites.

These are the contracts still available:
If you can help with any of them that would be great!

Contract 002:
A point defence beam weapon, (short range, like that of the Bazidanese battleship, but with a range of about 1.5 ship lengths) that takes the form of a circle
which expands out from the ship damaging/destroying anything it contacts. It therefore fires in all directions simultaneously. It would use a medium amount of energy. It is intended as a defense against missiles.
Contract 003:
Engine Development: A ship, cruiser class, capable of only one hyper jump (again one per speces), can use existing sprites.
Contract 004:
Cruise Missile System.
A longtime project of mine. The one I use in "It's War" is based on a ship template, and is more or less a modified ship. It is based on the "Dreadnought Missile" concept as seen in an episode of ST Voyager. The one in "It's War" only functions manually, and an AI ship will use it like a fighter.
What is needed is a true Cruise Missile System where the AI ships or Stations armed with it will use it as an offensive weapon at ultra long range (say half the width of a scenario map space), or at normal ranges as is needed. It also needs to work as it does, to be a launchable targetable fighter-like device that the player can send against a specific target. I messed about with this for a while, and got a mess !
Also, it would be nice to improve the accuracy of the missile.

Contract 006:
A Long Range missile system for use on space bases. Needs to target ships at a quarter of the width of a scenario.

----------

------------------

Contract 002:
A point defence beam weapon, (short range, like that of the Bazidanese battleship, but with a range of about 1.5 ship lengths) that takes the form of a circle
which expands out from the ship damaging/destroying anything it contacts. It therefore fires in all directions simultaneously. It would use a medium amount of energy. It is intended as a defense against missiles.

I don't think it's possible to create static beams (like trazers) that point in a specific direction. I'll have to tinker around with it...

Contract 003:
Engine Development: A ship, cruiser class, capable of only one hyper jump (again one per speces), can use existing sprites.

Errk. That is quite difficult. I'd have to mess with the ship and such.

Contract 004:
Cruise Missile System.
A longtime project of mine. The one I use in "It's War" is based on a ship template, and is more or less a modified ship. It is based on the "Dreadnought Missile" concept as seen in an episode of ST Voyager. The one in "It's War" only functions manually, and an AI ship will use it like a fighter.
What is needed is a true Cruise Missile System where the AI ships or Stations armed with it will use it as an offensive weapon at ultra long range (say half the width of a scenario map space), or at normal ranges as is needed. It also needs to work as it does, to be a launchable targetable fighter-like device that the player can send against a specific target. I messed about with this for a while, and got a mess !
Also, it would be nice to improve the accuracy of the missile.

Easy. A cruise missile is basically a "ship." You can make it so that the AI can command the missile to attack different targets. As for accuracy, improve its thrust, speed, turning, etc.

Contract 006:
A Long Range missile system for use on space bases. Needs to target ships at a quarter of the width of a scenario.

Make the age high - very high. However, I don't know any way to make the missile target ships at a quarter the width of a scenario in every scenario. I would have to go in and re-program Hera or something. Not even our expert Pallas Athene knows how.

------------------
------------------

Hmm, I see, so you're in for contracts 2,3,4 then.
I love a hard worker! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------

I'm afraid some of these are... "impossible." LOL ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜›

------------------
------------------

Contract 002: It's simply NOT possible. The best I can do is make beams in a random spread pattern (only when enemy targets are near.)

------------------
------------------

That'll be Contracts 3 and 4 then...

------------------

Contract 2 is possible. You're just are approaching it wrong. /Mails LCA a file showing how it works.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 08-12-2003).)

It seems to me that if you were to make it a self-animating pulse that looked like a circular beam, with the sprite getting larger and larger, it'd work.

------------------
"Humans are hicks."
- Paff's Law
It explains so much...