Startrek Ares

Originally posted by Skyfox:
**Sorry brookveiw, finals week hit me kinda hard.

I didn't see the STARES file in your file share.

Most of the models i have are textured and ready these include:
Klingon BOP
Galaxy Class
Defiant
Galor Glass
Jem'haddor(SP?) fighter

with the rest of the models coming hopefully soon.

Thats fine... finals and others things have interfered with this plugin before, no reason that they shouldn't now 🙂

Weird... I was sure it was up there but you're right.... It should really be there by the time the message is posted.

You have a model for every ship used in the plugin? If so would it be too much to ask to get a Aresish side view of the ships? The briefings might not seem as stale if some of the ships pointed to actually had pictures.

------------------
Ares and EV:Nova plugin writer and all around helpful guy...

Originally posted by Ragashingo:
**You have a model for every ship used in the plugin? If so would it be too much to ask to get a Aresish side view of the ships? The briefings might not seem as stale if some of the ships pointed to actually had pictures.

Thats what i'm shooting for. Make a demo breifing pic and i could maek 'em when i render the sprites. Maybe the same style of BPs from the VI plug-in?

------------------
"...yet gradually we recovered, venturing cautiously back into the void of space afraid of what we might find there."

**Thats what i'm shooting for. Make a demo breifing pic and i could maek 'em when i render the sprites. Maybe the same style of BPs from the VI plug-in?

I don't remember what the BP's form VI looked like... A serach revealed no pictures either :frown: But if they were like the normal Ares ship pics then that would be good.

------------------

I'm a little dissatisfied with some of the models i got, not detailed enough.
I have managed to get a few more ships done.
Akira
Nebula
Intrepid

Also the following are now in sprite form
klingon BOP
akira
jem'hader ftr

------------------
"...yet gradually we recovered, venturing cautiously back into the void of space afraid of what we might find there."

Sorry brookveiw, kinda slowed down. I think i'll be sending all the sprites i have done over now so that at least if i don't get back to it in a while you'll have something to look at. 🙂

------------------

**Sorry brookveiw, kinda slowed down. I think i'll be sending all the sprites i have done over now so that at least if i don't get back to it in a while you'll have something to look at.:)

Wow! They look great... I'll try them out in the plugin tomorrow but from justing seeing the pics they look very good.

(Edit) Just edited to say WOW! again. For the ships that are completed its like going from EVO to EVN! (/Edit)

(This message has been edited by Ragashingo (edited 01-26-2003).)

Email with the last of the graphix on its way!!!

I'm probably going to be doing some tweaking to the graphics in the future, but not for a while. It looks kinda odd having the nice ST sprites agianst the rather crappy bithrean sprites, but oh well, it'll work.

Now back to beta testing!! Or perhaps sleep...

------------------

This is really my only post on these forums, but I just wanted you guys to know that I'm looking foreward to this plug-in. I registered Ares a while ago and it's been..collecting dust, to say the least. looking foreward to it very much. 🙂

Keep up the good work!

-LG

------------------
I am the creature that guards your lawn
I am the silent hat wearing evil that oversees your front yard
I am but one of a brewing storm of lawn ornament revolution
I am LawnGnome

Is this plug happening anytime soon guys? 🙂

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

Originally posted by Lord Commander Anic:
**Is this plug happening anytime soon guys?:)

Yes

------------------

**Is this plug happening anytime soon guys?:)

Well, that depends on who's "soon" you're refering to. For example: My "soon" is a couple of days. The kid next door's "soon" is 10 minutes. My mother's "soon" is possibly a week. Most plug-in maker's "soon" is a few months.

To which do you match?

For the ammount of time youve been working on this you could have made 15 or 20 idendical plugs for EVO. What's the hold up?

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

Originally posted by U.E. Admiral:
**For the ammount of time youve been working on this you could have made 15 or 20 idendical plugs for EVO. What's the hold up?

That entirely depends on how much free time you have. Take High School+Job+Youth Activitys+Homework=Very little free time, and hardly any around my computer. I would assume brookveiw has the same type of situation.

------------------

That entirely depends on how much free time you have. Take High School+Job+Youth Activitys+Homework=Very little free time, and hardly any around my computer. I would assume brookveiw has the same type of situation.
(/B)

Exactly. There just happen to be more important things in life than a Ares plugin. But with that said how about a new beta this weekend. It will have Skyfox's new ship graphics plus a few more missions and some stuff fixed. The only thing left to do after this next beta will be to think up the final mission and fix all the problems found. Then soon after that release!

------------------

Soon is of course a relative term!
I Ares plug terms it would be a few months...
...an opinion. 🙂

------------------

**Soon is of course a relative term!
I Ares plug terms it would be a few months...
...an opinion. 🙂

Well this time I think soon will be a month at most. There really isn't very much more to do.

The next beta will be out for the testers testing pleasure in a few hours...

------------------

Hmmm, a pity the link doesn't work, a file of 1k in size...
er...

....nice car though!
🙂

------------------

**Hmmm, a pity the link doesn't work, a file of 1k in size...
er...

....nice car though!
🙂

Thank...

Strange I get the correct file size.... But you are the second person to not be able to get the file... A stuffed version will be up soon.

------------------

Uh, the CORRECT file is now up at the download location...

------------------

You have photoshop right ragashingo?
I am not going to have the time to make any breifing pics, but i could render some veiws of ships and send em to you, and you could make them into BPs.
I think i'm pulling myself out of the testing, i simply don't have enough time these days... One last report on its way...

------------------

**You have photoshop right ragashingo?
I am not going to have the time to make any breifing pics, but i could render some veiws of ships and send em to you, and you could make them into BPs.
I think i'm pulling myself out of the testing, i simply don't have enough time these days... One last report on its way...

Sure I can make the BP if I had the rendered pics. Thanks for all the help

------------------