Moo!

Since I've been cooped up in this awful tropical island for the past week, long have I thought on Ares and scenarios. At the moment, SETR is pretty much in the haystack. You may interpret that as you will. And anyway, I've decided to make a new scenario based around a game that has no equal: Master of Orion 2. Already I see parallels between the turn-based gameplay of MOO and the real-time gameplay of Ares, and with Moo 2 graphics already provided, as well as sounds and physics, it should be fairly easy to make a plugin. Just wondering, does anyone want to help?

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Hmmmm. MOO2 is indeed a good game, but its ship graphics, at least compared to Ares, could be considered a little primitive.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

You know, MOO3 is slated to enter beta before November...

------------------
The Oracular Net would like to know your favorite color
(url="http://"http://www.axisnet.f2s.com")=Axis Software Integrated=(/url)

Just so you know, MOO refers to Masters of Orion. Moo is used to refer to Marathon Infinity, as the infinity symbol is not used on all keyboards.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

My, aren't we getting technical! 😉

------------------
"Only In America/Where We Dream In Red White & Blue/Only In America/Where We Dream As Big As We Want To/Only In America/"
-- Brooks & Dunn, "Only In America"

MOO's graphics are more primitive than ares, but are still a pleasure to look at. Weapons firing in MOO 2 is looks several years ahead of Ares. One thing I'm going to miss with this conversion...

My method of inputting the sprites will be screenshotting, and then rotating it as per necessity in photoshop. I've never tried this before, and it may prove difficult or too unwieldy. In that case, I'll have to turn to modelling, and then I'll really need help.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

They're streight-on top? What you'll have to do for optimal results is to take the pictures at higher zoom than you'll actually use. Then you scale down the graphics after rotating to eliminate the ugly marks.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "