While I'm on the subject... #2

Originally posted by Acidtalons:
**Just a thought, has anyone asked Bungie their permission to make this plug-in? Just wondering how receptive they may or may not be now that they are owned my Microsoft.

- Acidtalons**

We plan to have someone they know better do that for us.
Reading Dune teaches one almost too much about politics.

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

(This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 06-28-2001).)

You could have a flyby sound like in the Gaitori movie for ares.

Sigh.
Due to dificulties with transports and expire sequences, elites will be solely on carriers, and any other ships that don't land.

------------------

..and other ships that don't land? Do most ships land?

Due to the fact I am going to school now, the only time I will get to meet you darkk, is straight after school - about 5 o'clock. For you, this is a bit later than 3 am... If you could make effort please? I would be the one staying up, but I can't because of school.

Well, I think carriers might be the only ships that A) have transporters and 🆒 do not land, but I'm not discounting the possibilities that Sarg/Pallas will do wierd things with either category.
Oh, and my parents seem to have problems with the "staying up until 3AM" idea. I'll invest in a deadbolt for my room and see what I can do.

------------------

ARRIVE ACTION:
Alter BaseType to xxxxx (ColShip without elite capability)
LandAt 32

What technical difficulties? :}

Of course, if you have your ColShip start landing, and stop it loses its elites, but I don't consider that a huge problem (I mean, if you give up a new colony, it's an adequate punishment for doing such a stupid thing)

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

Just how old are you Darkk? Evidently we can't talk for 30 seconds without arguing, so don't bother.

Pallas: When are you coming back from your camp?

slaps self
In any case, I'm not sure colships should have elites. It would be easy to make these suckers over-powerful very quickly.

------------------

I know it could make them too powerful, but we could decrease shields. I want them there for accuracy, and I have a very good argument. You.

I'll be back Saturday Afternoon EST.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**I know it could make them too powerful, but we could decrease shields. I want them there for accuracy, and I have a very good argument. You.

Please explain this comment.

Colony ships with elites, SIR!
I'm all over it.

------------------

Okay, I've put elites on the colony ships of 3/4 races.
The other race has no teleporters at all yet, but will get some soon™.

Oh, one thing about the teleporters taking over stations - if the station has undergone "neutral death", it will be unhittable (bad), and thus un-take-overable. Ergo, M:Inv stations should NOT use neutral death.

Also, instead of using a bit31 filter to prevent teleps from damaging planets, I think we should just see if having planets have -1 shields makes them invincable. I'll check it out tonite - if it works, we can simplify our actions a great deal. Also, it will fix the potential problem of "other ships blowing the f*** out of planets".

BTW, any idea where we could get sounds? Sarg never told me about Zeta's reaction to my request.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 07-23-2001).)

CA: You are a marine... from a colony ship. If ColShips didn't have elites, the Pfhor would rule the galaxy by now.

That's right Ares uses an arrive action, but with teleporters it doesn't "arrive."

What about "doesn't die when destroyed" with no destroy action? I can't see how a planet would die under those circumstances if given 0 shields it would be indistinguishable.

Also, just to make sure, make it so that only ColShips/AsltCarrs/Dreads attack planets; and only colonized planets.

I'll downsample my Launch sounds and send them to you. I've got #1 marked out for the UESG, but you have your choice of the other 6.

------------------

Launch sounds for fighters or teleporters?
Teleporters all have the same sound, no matter
who made them, so they should just use the "teleport"
sound.

------------------

Teleps should just be extracted from one of te Trilogy (I've got it extracted; I'll send it to you)

The launch sounds are for fighters.

(Sent)

------------------

I've got the teleporter sounds already from your test file.
In any case, I can't seem to open the launch sounds - they have no resource forks for ResEdit, and my computer doesn't know what application made them.

What application DID make them?

------------------

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**CA: You are a marine... from a colony ship. If ColShips didn't have elites, the Pfhor would rule the galaxy by now.

Is the 'CA:' a reference to me at all? If it is, you might want to explain what that means...

CA = Count Altair
"You" in the general sense of the player. Haven't you played Marathon?

------------------

Well, yes I have. But I never asked about Colony ships, elites and so I was (and rightly so!) confused.

Come on GR at 3 am both of you!!!!!!

Actually, I might be scheduled to be sick tomorrow, so ipso facto I will come on GR at lunch, so stay on all day!