Vengeance

Well, a long time ago, and in a house that's probably pretty far away from wherever you are, a thought came and invaded my head. I knew that Ares and EV were both great games, but in different ways. Ares is great for action and strategy, and fighting with enemy ships that actually fly half-decently. Ares also had a more powerful game engine. EV had that great aspect: role playing, and deciding what you wanted to do. Well, I really liked both strengths. And I'd been pondering ways to mix it for a long time. And that thought that invaded my head was a shocking thought: if somebody really wanted to, they could make a role-playing plug for Ares. If they worked really hard at it, they could make it be almost exactly like EV/O.

Well, I immediately set to work on what I call Project Vengeance. A test to see whether or not it was really possible. The results were: it was. However, I'm too lazy to work really hard, so I didn't make a plug that was exactly like EV/O. I just made one that was a big step closer.

On New Year's Eve, I will submit my finished plug, Vengeance. The first role-playing plug for Ares to be released. Enjoy, and bug ASI to make a superior one. 😉

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 12-29-2000).)

Does it have EV-Style Hyperspace? If it doesn't, I could pull my huge theorum up out of my head (Since I haven't actually tested it)

------------------
-Pallas Athene of Dysian Beta, Obish Consensus Representative
-Nieru Dast, {M}ilitia Aeriane
-Danae Vernius
ThinkFish, and good things will come.

been there, done that, played that, beat that 🙂

Posted by Pallas Athene:
Does it have EV-Style Hyperspace? If it doesn't, I could pull my huge theorum up out of my head (Since I haven't actually tested it)

no it doesnt. It would actually have been more like EV if he had listened to my suggestions 😛

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 7

(This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 12-30-2000).)

Does...that...mean....no more...beta testing? 😉

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

(quote)Originally posted by Laguna:
**Does...that...mean....no more...beta testing?:D

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Yep. I'm pretty sure we got all of the bugs out. And if we didn't, well, I'm tired of bugging you about it, and people can always report them back to me.

Pallas: Nope. It has jumpgates.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

How do you get to the later secret levels? I've done S.L. 1-3, and I know that there are more.

------------------
We don't go to hell,
memories of us do.
And if you go to hell,
I'll still remember you.

You have to find out for yourself. There's a different way to get to each secret level.

------------------
"I think I have discovered the problem with humans. It is not entirely stupidity, as I once thought. It is their pigheaded and baseless philosophy: "If it isn't me, then it's opinions, feelings, and life do not matter, and it was meant to serve me." They also have this ability for creating excuses that are pointless, but they get others to believe it. A few examples: "It's only some savages. It's only five acres of rain forest. It's only one semi-truck. It's only fifty gallons of toxic waste..." After this realization, I marvelled at how humans, and the rest of the planet, have survived for so very long."
- Me